Boston, MA - Boston Opera House (June 7, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / You Have Killed Me / Certain People I Know / Ganglord / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / The Bullfighter Dies / Trouble Loves Me / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Life Is A Pigsty / Istanbul / Yes, I Am Blind / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Meat Is Murder / Speedway // Asleep / First Of The Gang To Die

set list provided by FROSTY.

• Show Scenes: Morrissey at Boston Opera House by Ben Stas (25 photos total) - BDCwire. Link posted by intlplayboy / tumblr.

boston.jpg
  • Morrissey closes the deal by James Reed - The Boston Globe
  • Posted by Harsh Truth: "Backdrop during the walk-on and "The Queen Is Dead" in Boston."

IMG_0607.JPG

Source image posted by docinwestchester:

tqid.png

Last edited:
It was too f***ing loud. It muddied everything up. The bass drums and toms were mush, and you could tell Mo was signing great, but he was somewhat mushy too. The opening low-fi videos were cranked up - sounded like a C-47 taking off. Show would have been spectacular about 6dB attenuated.

I just wanted to acknowledge the large amount of people who walked out as soon as Meat is Murder started. Do you think it's due to the graphic video being shown during the song? Are people tired of being told what to do? Or was it simply an ideal bathroom break due to the length of the song and the fact that he played it during the last tour?
I personally think that the video, along with the band's powerful rendition of the song is very moving.

I just wanted to acknowledge the large amount of people who walked out as soon as Meat is Murder started. Do you think it's due to the graphic video being shown during the song? Are people tired of being told what to do? Or was it simply an ideal bathroom break due to the length of the song and the fact that he played it during the last tour?
I personally think that the video, along with the band's powerful rendition of the song is very moving.

Honestly, there are a bunch of people sick of the graphic video which hasn't changed in years. A bunch of us that went joked about it, saying that if he did the video portion, AGAIN, that it would be "go get a drink" time. Unfortunately, that was right when concessions shutdown. He's made the point, but I guess there are always first timers and that's the logic behind it.

We Went to the Beantown pub after and they we playing lots of Morrissey on the jukebox. Perfect setting for the reveal to my girlfriend.

Not often you can reveal the contents of your trousers in a bar and not get into a fight or arrested!

Excellent work obtaining the shirt! Congrats.

You're so lucky - especially given the turn of events. Since no label - was it made especially for him -since he has about 10 of them? It looks lovely on you you are not fat. Good work getting it in one piece.

It's now in my suitcase on the way back to the UK :)

We were in the pit, everyone distracted by the chaos of people trying to rush the stage and security to my right, so when Moz threw the shirt I stood up on the seats and grabbed it out of the air and stuffed it down my trousers (!). Only one guy saw me do that. He tried to grab for it but a quick "GET THE f*** OFF!" made him back off lol

We Went to the Beantown pub after and they we playing lots of Morrissey on the jukebox. Perfect setting for the reveal to my girlfriend.

There is no label in the shirt, it's very thick material, the zip is broken... Careless Moz ;-)

I'll post more pics when we get home.

Happy times

- - - Updated - - -

LOL yep!

Not often you can reveal the contents of your trousers in a bar and not get into a fight or arrested!

Excellent work obtaining the shirt! Congrats.

You're so lucky - especially given the turn of events. Since no label - was it made especially for him -since he has about 10 of them? It looks lovely on you you are not fat. Good work getting it in one piece.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL yep!

Don't be upset about not fitting into the shirt. He's a whole lot thinner in person than in photographs- I was pretty shocked!

Does anyone remember Moz saying something about Bruce Wayne before he introduced the band?

Morrissey was wonderful-it was my first and probably last moz concert seeing as his tendency to cancel continues to grow. Without the KY the concert was much better than I had hoped. He has a bunch of energy and his passion for animals is apparent. Not only were PETA representatives present at the concert, but the opening video and visuals during Meat is Murder were graphic.
I see a ton of people grumbling about how he keeps canceling- I dont know why they are complaining. Moz is this great artist who is continuing to travel around and put on shows for his fans even though he has had multiple illnesses. Are you blaming him for not wanting to put on multiple concerts when he's sick? and also-you get the money back. if you made plans to travel just use the refunded money to buy yourself a nice dinner in a new city.
Calm down people. Let's just appreciate what we can always count on from Morrissey-amazing music.

I love this so so so much.

I was standing next to red plaid shirt in the lobby. He's English. He knew exactly how to stage invade- he was quick and went in for a gentle hug. Well done, sir.

The second stage invader was an ass, and on the guest list to boot. He grabbed Morrissey by the neck and then head and people screamed. He was rightfully tackled to the ground and Moz kept on singing, not missing a beat.

Yeah he's been wearing these shirts for a couple of years. Did he buy 100 of them? They don't sell them anymore.

I did not know that. David should have a golden circle seat to every show. I can remember him going to every show on the tour from 1991 on.

Rob/Boston

Such an amazing performance - I have everlasting respect and admiration for Morrissey, and greatly appreciate him giving all he could before being rushed to the hospital!

Much love, and much adoration. Well done, my friend.

Damn! You got his shirt!! Amazing! I've only gotten pieces of it in concerts. I'm not on this board regularly and I don't recall seeing photos of fans showing their prize post-concert. Am I wrong?? Sooooo lucky and soooo jealous up here in Vancouver!!! :thumb:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom