"Boy, Interrupted" by Dale Hibbert available for pre-sale; Morrissey-solo Q&A request for questions

Mark from Pomona Books sends news of the pre-sale for "Boy, Interrupted" by Dale Hibbert now available at the link below.

In addition, Dale has agreed to answer some questions from site users for a Morrissey-solo Q&A. Please post any questions for Dale you might have in the comments below, I'll forward the top / most liked questions in a few days.

UPDATE Nov. 20:
Answers posted.

Boy, Interrupted by Dale Hibbert
- Pomona Books

Pub: November 2015
ISBN-13: 978-1904590309

"I have felt alone all my life." Dale Hibbert’s story reads like a song by The Smiths, which might not be a coincidence.

His mother died when he was eight days old. He was a latch-key kid. He has married four times and has eight children. He has ‘died’ twice. He is a depressive. He has been penniless. But he has also been a musician, producer, sound engineer, a millionaire and the owner of night clubs, cafés and successful businesses. He has lived in a car, and a mansion.

Hibbert was a member of The Smiths during their early days and privy to the dreams and outlandish ideas of young Morrissey and Marr. As the bass player and engineer at their first recording sessions, he helped shape their sound. With Morrissey’s arms around his waist, they rode the streets of Manchester.

Hibbert gives a compelling insight into the rain-swept, working class life that fuelled the creativity of The Smiths. He was also a witness to the Manchester music scene of the late-1970s and early-1980s that spawned, among others, Joy Division, Buzzcocks and The Fall.

All those people, all those lives, as Steven (‘Don’t call me Steve!’) Patrick Morrissey once said.

boy_interrupted.jpg

Related link:

Last edited:
Re: "Boy, Interrupted" by Dale Hibbert available for pre-sale; Morrissey-solo Q&A forthcoming

I read a book once. Will this be like that?

Yes, but this time with less pictures.

a drink ? ;)

Last edited:
Re: "Boy, Interrupted" by Dale Hibbert available for pre-sale; Morrissey-solo Q&A forthcoming

Questions have been submitted, thank you.

Note: I've been alerted that there are some posts on the site purporting to be Dale, it isn't actually him.

Questions have been submitted, thank you.

Thanks, David. Did you submit all of them? And any idea of when we might get them back? (Not that I'm pushing, I'm glad he's taking out time to answer our questions.)

I submitted most of them, just not the joking / trolling ones. I don't know when he'll get to them but I'll post when I receive them.

Thanks, David. Did you submit all of them? And any idea of when we might get them back? (Not that I'm pushing, I'm glad he's taking out time to answer our questions.)

I submitted most of them, just not the joking / trolling ones. I don't know when he'll get to them but I'll post when I receive them.

So let me get this straight. You'll CENSOR questions to Dale f***ing Hibbert, but you won't sensor attacks on Morrissey, Morrissey's mother, his health, his family, his friends or the like? How do YOU know posts are "joking" or "trolling", where do you get off judging someone's intent without being in their head. Every single time I think you've gotten the raw end of the stick, you and UncleSkinny (whom seems to be constantly drunk-posting), prove me wrong, again and again and again. I accuse you of being a troll and request you ban yourself and Uncleskinny from your own website. You really have no reason to be here anymore, David, gift it to someone who cares much more than you, Skinny and Kewpie. It's the right thing to do. Surely, by now David Tseng, "YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID." Solow has sunk to a new low. I think I understand now, like the Chinese and other communist countries, your free speech means, "Anything that I, David Tseng, want to be said is said." Now things are crystal clear.

If I am banned after this post, my point is further proven.

So let me get this straight. You'll CENSOR questions to Dale f***ing Hibbert, but you won't sensor attacks on Morrissey, Morrissey's mother, his health, his family, his friends or the like? How do YOU know posts are "joking" or "trolling", where do you get off judging someone's intent without being in their head. Every single time I think you've gotten the raw end of the stick, you and UncleSkinny (whom seems to be constantly drunk-posting), prove me wrong, again and again and again. I accuse you of being a troll and request you ban yourself and Uncleskinny from your own website. You really have no reason to be here anymore, David, gift it to someone who cares much more than you, Skinny and Kewpie. It's the right thing to do. Surely, by now David Tseng, "YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID." Solow has sunk to a new low. I think I understand now, like the Chinese and other communist countries, your free speech means, "Anything that I, David Tseng, want to be said is said." Now things are crystal clear.

temper the temper. Now Dale was kind enough to answer some questions. I think it wise of David to
let the sane ones thin through the colander of reason, don't you? no? never mind.

The questions aren't censored, they're still here. Apparently he sent of the ones he deemed appropriate. In my dealings with him, that means as long as you were being serious and not a f***ing tool, he sent it along. If "Dale f***ing Hibbert" wants the crap that I assume wasn't sent along, he's welcome to come wade through shit replies like yours to find them. As for a banning, you flatter yourself. I would guess most here don't know you or give a shit what you say.

That would prove nothing, we know you have been banned before, "Jamie". You are allowed to troll here because we allow you to, but keep it up and you will get what you ask for.

its the peeps from the BRS they are seething that dale didnt offer to have then submit any question. pay him no mind.
things are so slow over there they are now reporting on themselves.

moz chill, quit accusing everybody of being trolls. have you lost your mind?

That would prove nothing, we know you have been banned before, "Jamie". You are allowed to troll here because we allow you to, but keep it up and you will get what you ask for.

N.b., not to be confused with me. I've gladly had Poet on "Ignore" for quite some time.

Sorry, yes, of course not you. "Jamie Syrie" to be more clear.

N.b., not to be confused with me. I've gladly had Poet on "Ignore" for quite some time.

Sorry, yes, of course not you. "Jamie Syrie" to be more clear.

Wait, what?You mean Jamie and Poet are two different posters? You sure?, Because their writing styles
are so similar.

temper the temper. Now Dale was kind enough to answer some questions. I think it wise of David to
let the sane ones thin through the colander of reason, don't you? no? never mind.

This.

- - - Updated - - -

The questions aren't censored, they're still here. Apparently he sent of the ones he deemed appropriate. In my dealings with him, that means as long as you were being serious and not a f***ing tool, he sent it along. If "Dale f***ing Hibbert" wants the crap that I assume wasn't sent along, he's welcome to come wade through shit replies like yours to find them. As for a banning, you flatter yourself. I would guess most here don't know you or give a shit what you say.

And this.

Dear Kenneth, I truly think we could have been great friends. I am sorry we never met. These days I am quite ill. I hope you will forgive me for some of the things I said. Take care, Eric

As an addendum to my earlier post RE: Rourke's basslines, I just remembered this exchange from a Reddit Q&A with Johnny from two years ago. Per Johnny:

"Andy and I worked very well together. He would come up with his bass lines and I would produce him. He's unique."

The full Q&A is pretty interesting and can be read here.

As an addendum to my earlier post RE: Rourke's basslines, I just remembered this exchange from a Reddit Q&A with Johnny from two years ago. Per Johnny:

"Andy and I worked very well together. He would come up with his bass lines and I would produce him. He's unique."

neat thanks for something substantive to read here. i for sure like his bass line in ruffians

neat read though i never go on reddit. funny to see someone mention capp n jazz. i wonder what hed think of american football as that album is amazing. funny to see him champion meat is murder the song as a break through for him as so many people here dislike it

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom