Boz, Morrissey, Cathal Smyth photo posted by Lyn Boorer / Facebook

(Cathal Smyth)

full

Update:
Now the subject of a Central post:

I think that's true on the surface - there's just a lot of terror, confusion & pain underneath.
Parts of it might fit and it might be different when you meet him in private of course, but "There’s no confusion for him" is not something I associate with him.

This man is at least 50% personified confusion at all times and it's reflected in his words. He talks a lot about things that confuse him and is constantly trying to make sense of the world around himself.

Parts of it might fit and it might be different when you meet him in private of course, but "There’s no confusion for him" is not something I associate with him.

This man is at least 50% personified confusion at all times and it's reflected in his words. He talks a lot about things that confuse him and is constantly trying to make sense of the world around himself.

He probably just means Morrissey never doubts that singing & writing is what he wants to do, almost everyone else laments not doing something sensible.

He also said that he thinks Certain People I Know is about him.

I thought the most bizarre thing was him comparing Morrissey to a samurai.

"Morrissey is a total samurai. There’s no confusion for him. He lives on instinct and the truthful recognition of how he feels. He’s got that amazing ability to create a vacuum around himself that people are frightened to enter. His depth and his stillness is frightening to most people. He’s got the skill of a martial artist, to be visible or invisible. If you want to understand Morrissey, just read the Bushido, the code of the samurai. A brilliant geezer."

What a fascinating {bizarro} notion. "His depth and his stillness is frightening to most people" ~ or it could just be the quiff.

But, yeah, Steven as Samurai, í could see it. He did say he could imagine living in Japan.
Ghost Dog: The Way of the Rashomoz

That's what Jake said...

He has a well documented weakness for straight and rough men. Don't know about Peter Hogg, who was "Rent a chap" for Paul Rutherford too. But anyway: "What had girls to offer? Nothing but a mangled jungle of tangled hair presented as the jackpot payoff. Honeypots sprawled like open graves, their owners doing nothing at all other than letting you."

Nuff said!

He has a well documented weakness for straight and rough men. Don't know about Peter Hogg, who was "Rent a chap" for Paul Rutherford too. But anyway: "What had girls to offer? Nothing but a mangled jungle of tangled hair presented as the jackpot payoff. Honeypots sprawled like open graves, their owners doing nothing at all other than letting you."

Nuff said!
Jake obviously wasn't straight after all.
Peter Hogg was described by Mark Nevin as "a very bitchy Scouse queen, a friend of Pete Burns and Frankie Goes To Hollywood, part of the whole gay Liverpool crowd." And Kevin Armstrong told stories about him picking up boys while going out with Moz, so probably not too interested in honeypots.

Jake obviously wasn't straight after all. Peter Hogg was described by Mark Nevin as "a very bitchy Scouse queen, a friend of Pete Burns and Frankie Goes To Hollywood, part of the whole gay Liverpool crowd." And Kevin Armstrong told stories about him picking up boys while going out with Moz, so probably not too interested in honeypots.
Hogg - Yes
Walters - undecided in 1993
Smash - Straight

Mixed affairs, IMHO

You know so much about THESE things.
I don't know if he was "undecided", obviously, but it was Jake who followed Moz home the night they met and not the other way round.

Your phrasing just conjured up a very funny image in my mind:
Moz with a handwritten sign that says

"Undecided? Come to the 'other' side, we have beans on toast."

What a fascinating {bizarro} notion. "His depth and his stillness is frightening to most people" ~ or it could just be the quiff.

But, yeah, Steven as Samurai, í could see it. He did say he could imagine living in Japan.
Ghost Dog: The Way of the Rashomoz

He is not a Ghost Dog on a chain.

Ancient joke: what's the difference between a straight actor & a gay actor? 4 pints.
Applies to a lot of people who aren't actors as well.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom