[BT] Morrissey - 2007-05-09: Fillmore Auditorium, Denver, CO

Sorry guys the hall monitor has givin me a pink slip for detention. :rolleyes:

Personally, I applaud you...I just fret what will happen next

I posted the Seattle show and had took the heat, as well as the applause of many...

Are you still going on with this now boring "insult the flac people in every post
" shtick? stop it for god sake. No one cares anymore

As long as any mp3's are ripped from the decompressed to WAV and burned FLAC using EAC with LAME set to V0, set up as per the instructions on Oink or Hydrogenaudio (http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=Category:EAC_Guides)...don't see why anyone should have a problem. Amirite?

Are you still going on with this now boring "insult the flac people in every post
" shtick? stop it for god sake. No one cares anymore

I suggested that we AVOID any future problems with THEM...

I have much better things to do than insult them in every post

But do you have better things to do?? You are quite a prolific poster. What exactly are these other things you have to do....?

Provide for others...

Are you starting an Anti-SNS fan club?

Can I join?

Provide for others...

Are you starting an Anti-SNS fan club?

Can I join?

No and no. But I do take your point about providing stuff for others, and I do agree with you in the whole FLAC-debate. But please tell me you're not one of these mental, internet-types like Markfromscatter on the main site who just post stuff with the aim of winding people up... Such freaks give proper (i.e. normal) Morrissey fans a bad name.

No and no. But I do take your point about providing stuff for others, and I do agree with you in the whole FLAC-debate. But please tell me you're not one of these mental, internet-types like Markfromscatter on the main site who just post stuff with the aim of winding people up... Such freaks give proper (i.e. normal) Morrissey fans a bad name.

Of course not...

At times my sense of humor gets gradually worser.... :D

Hey, thanks for converting this to MP3 and uploading it, despite the fact that I asked that you not do this.

I realize that I give up control of my recording when I share it, and I have no control over what happens.

I know of other shows that were taped on this tour that will not see the light of day because of this. These other tapers (friends of mine) don't like their recordings being SHARED as MP3's. We do not like this because it degrades the quality of the recording. If you wish to do this on your own, that is fine with us, JUST DON'T SHARE THEM! We would like to keep our recordings of the highest quality.

Just to make this clear: We don't want this done because eventually someone converts the MP3's BACK to FLAC files and then shares them again. I don't mind sharing these FLACs forever. As a matter of fact, I am quite happy if you do. But when the MP3's get converted back to FLAC and shared people get MP3 quality when they are expecting FLAC quality.

I know some of you are going to say, "I can't hear the difference" That is probably because your playback system isn't that great. Some of us music lovers spend thousands of dollars on playback. We really like our music to sound the best it can (and believe me I think it's money well spent). If you are happy listening to this via your computer speakers that is fine with me. But when I download a set of FLAC files that sound like they've been converted to MP3 and back to FLAC, it's rather frustrating, as I know that the original FLAC's are out there somewhere, and I'd much rather have the original files.

I see that some of you say you can't do the torrent thing. This is more than likely a bunch of BS. My ISP does this, but with a little bit of reading (Google is your friend) you can easily get around this. If not, you can always go the old fashioned route and request a snail mail trade (or BandP).

By ignoring tapers requests, you just reduce the number of recordings that you will get to listen to. If that's what you want, keep ignoring tapers requests.

I don't want to get into the same argument people always have with this. It doesn't matter if you agree with us or not.

So, the next time Moz plays in Denver (or Chicago, as I tape shows there when I am there), and you don't see any recording surface you will now know why.

Enjoy your MP3's of this show, while I enjoy my recording of the next time I go see Morrissey.

Let the flaming begin...I am looking forward to reading your responses.

Actually, I have nothing to say...

Unless if you paid any attention....

The person took down the MP3 link....

Ummm...or are you mad about the MP4s?

I don't think you ever said we couldn't do that, did you?

Obviously many of the people here are just uneducated about why tapers make this request. This is probably due to the fact that many Morrissey fans do not listen to many bands that allow taping, and therefore are not familiar with what we do, and why we make the request not to share ANY LOSSY FORMATS.

My point here is to educate you on this so you can continue to enjoy the efforts of tapers.

You can read this and learn from it, or you can ignore it.

MP4 is a lossy format. I did flake and had a typo in my TXT file so I guess I may be partially to blame, but others quickly picked up on my typo, and knew what I meant.

So, please in the future listen to the taper and follow his or her wishes. It may not seem fair to some people, and I can understand that. Life isn't always fair, and the best thing EVERYONE can do is honor their requests.

I too would like to hear others recordings. I know many tapers, and due to my position (as a taper) I can usually get these recordings even if the taper choses not to seed them (for whatever reason, including not trusting fans of a particular artist to follow their requests). However, I don't know EVERY taper, and therefore can't get any recording.

I'm sure many of you have seen this argument over and over.

Just to make things clear:

(1) Tapers invest a lot of money and effort to make these recordings.
(2) Most tapers WANT to SHARE their recordings.
(3) Tapers can be a bit anal, and are a sensitive breed. I would suggest just sucking up any requests you find odd, so that you can enjoy as many recordings as possible.

While I appreciate the thanks I get from the vast majority of fans of most bands, a few bad apples can spoil things for those good fans. As a "good" fan of Morrissey (or other artists) you need to police yourselves. I see some people are doing this, which is nice. But others still find the need to bite the hand that feeds them.

I am not saying I will not share my next recording of Morrissey. However, I might change my mind if I see that too many Moz fans have a bad attitude (and this goes for fans of any artist, not just Morrissey).

Once again, I really hope everyone enjoys this, and can learn from this. Please DO NOT re-share the lossy files here or anywhere else.

Also, I really hope those that "can not" do the torrent thing, please learn how to. I say this because it's a great thing we've got here. It takes a little effort, but in the end I promise it's worth it.

I had a great time at this show, and met a lot of really cool and friendly people. Actually, it was one of the nicest group of fans I've seen at any show. Certainly, some of the most enthusiastic fans I've ever seen.

So, seriously, I want you all to learn from this so you can enjoy as much live music as possible. I love music, and want everyone else to be able to listen to as much music as possible.

I do thank you for your efforts...and I have learned

To AGREE TO DISAGREE :)

It's obvious we aren't going to change each others opinion about things, so all I can do is respect your wishes and encourage cooperation from others

Thank you again

And I look forward to anything you chose to share in the future

Regards,
SNS22

Thanks. I am having a discussion about this on a tapers forum, and I think we are coming to the conclusion that people that don't tape don't understand, and may never. Not to mention it is impossible to educate everyone.

Heck, I might even just give in, and convert my future recordings to MP3 myself with the request to not re-convert the MP3's to FLAC. That way I know that at least the lossy version of the recording was converted in the best possible way.

It's just frustrating when I make a simple request and some people just ignore it. This is especially frustrating with fans that are so dedicated. If this was a recording of some crappy trendy artist, I wouldn't be upset, as I would expect those fans to be idiots! I hold Moz fans to a much higher standard, but I also understand that the person(s) that converted these probably just made a mistake. Heck, I made a mistake in the TXT file myself.

So, in the future, just follow the tapers request and the world will be a better place for most of us.

Thanks. I am having a discussion about this on a tapers forum, and I think we are coming to the conclusion that people that don't tape don't understand, and may never. Not to mention it is impossible to educate everyone.

Heck, I might even just give in, and convert my future recordings to MP3 myself with the request to not re-convert the MP3's to FLAC. That way I know that at least the lossy version of the recording was converted in the best possible way.

It's just frustrating when I make a simple request and some people just ignore it. This is especially frustrating with fans that are so dedicated. If this was a recording of some crappy trendy artist, I wouldn't be upset, as I would expect those fans to be idiots! I hold Moz fans to a much higher standard, but I also understand that the person(s) that converted these probably just made a mistake. Heck, I made a mistake in the TXT file myself.

So, in the future, just follow the tapers request and the world will be a better place for most of us.

"Love, Peace, and Harmony...Very Nice, Very Nice, Very Nice..But Maybe In The Next World"

"There is a better world...There Must Be"

How about the people who prefer FLAC files download the FLAC files, and the people who prefer mp3's can download the mp3 files? all it takes is a quick link saying "here's the mp3 files, and here is a link to the flac files for those who prefer them". all this arguing about something so basic is pointless.

Fatah-

Thanks for taking the time to share some key points, and so patiently given the situation. I am not a taper, but I get it 100% and appreciate the clarity and kindness behind your post.

Please know that, in the end, 99% of us are deeply grateful, and do respect the requests of tapers. I know it can be hard not to let a few bad seeds (pardon the pun) ruin it for everyone, and I appreciate those of you that continue to share despite ignored requests and bad attitudes.

In the end, with you - all of you that tape and share shows - there would be no need for a "bootleg" forum at all, because none would exist. I hope that everyone who enjoys downloading here is more cognizant of this in the future.

Thanks again and Viva Morrissey!

- unrulyboy -

Can someone post the Seattle show on MegaUpload? I don't know how to use the torrents site. Thanks a million in advance.

Back
Top Bottom