"Bulbous salutation in the otherwise festive zone" card

Posted by @mikejoyce / Twitter:

@mikejoyce: It was sent to me today.

festive_card.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: "Bulbous salutation in the otherwise festive zone" card

Morrissey got screwed by the judge, Joyce cashed a 10% check over and over , so he agreed it was 10%, US law. STUPIDITY isn't a defense.

No he didn't, it was the law. Why don't you understand that? As I said above, you got a problem, go argue with the judge, or do you prefer laws you make up? The appeal also failed.

Because they were mates? They were young kids from a working class neighborhood. They had no reason to believe that Morrissey was sneaking out of recording sessions to have secret meetings with Geoff Travis, just to ensure he was getting more money than his band mates. The fact that Joyce and Rourke did not sign these contracts shows that it is quite plausible that they had no idea they were getting less.

Johnny said over and over again that Mike and Andy knew it because he told them all the specifications. Johnny said it was their agreement that Mike and Andy get less money but also have less work and less responsibilities. So, do you say that Johnny is a liar? Because most people here constantly go on about how sincere Johnny Marr is. Surely he wouldn't lie in such an important case, wouldn't he?

Look, many tried to explain it to you but you just can't grasp it.

Rourke and Joyce DIDN'T have the same reins of power in all finances within The Smiths. They ONLY complained about live fees and mechanical royalties. If you are a frontman, you have much more on your shoulder, more responsibility, more work, more time invested etc. In return you get much more from songwriting royalties (financially) and you get much more recognition (morally). Robbing the rhytm section on live and mechanical royalties is pitiful and pathetic and makes you seem you are a greedy bastard.

it's true.... unfortunately!! :straightface:

it's true.... unfortunately!! :straightface:

The simple point is that there are many jobs in a band you don't get paid for unless you divide the existing royalties a bit more freely by yourself. If a band splits all royalties equally among the members although some of them do far less then it's not fairness, as most people like to call it, it's generosity (or stupidity, take your pick).

Fingers crossed he'll die soon.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

It takes a very sick man to be able to say this kind of thing over and over again. Emotionally damaged, complete lack of empathy, oblivious to any social, moral or ethical codes that tells us that it is not ok to say these kinds of things.

You would benefit from a complete and thorough mental examination. I also wouldn't mind a police investigation - you do seem quite unstable, extremely hostile and possibly potentially dangerous. A mentally unstable, hateful, hostile butcher with no moral fibre. Scary stuff.

OnT:
Joyce should've been happy with his 10%. Seems reasonable for a drummer with no other duties whatsoever. And with no contract it should've been a no-case.

Last edited:

It takes a very sick man to be able to say this kind of thing over and over again. Emotionally damaged, complete lack of empathy, oblivious to any social, moral or ethical codes that tells us that it is not ok to say these kinds of things.

You would benefit from a complete and thorough mental examination. I also wouldn't mind a police investigation - you do seem quite unstable, extremely hostile and possibly potentially dangerous. A mentally unstable, hateful, hostile butcher with no moral fibre. Scary stuff.

OnT:
Joyce should've been happy with his 10%. Seems reasonable for a drummer with no other duties whatsoever. And with no contract it should've been a no-case.

You don't get it do you Gregor ?

what's good for the goose is good for the gander
Contents
English
Proverb
English Edit

Proverb Edit

What is good for a woman is equally good for a man; or, what a woman can have or do, so can a man have or do. This comes from an earlier proverb, “What’s sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.”
What is good for one type is equally good for another type, despite any irrelevant differences between the types.
Last edited 8 months ago by Ungoliant MMDCCLXIV
Wiktionary® MobileDesktop
Content is available under CC BY-SA 3.0 unless otherwise noted.
Terms of UsePrivacy

No he didn't, it was the law. Why don't you understand that? As I said above, you got a problem, go argue with the judge, or do you prefer laws you make up? The appeal also failed.

And your constant and ridiculous claim that Tge Smiths will one day have a reunion is an EPIC fail. Joyce may have won in court, but he f***ed up any chance of a career. This New Years Eve he will be deejaying in a pub in Chorlton whilst Morrissey plays in LA. Let's hope it was all worth it. Let's hope Joyce is enjoying that double garage of his.

The Smiths is dead - long live Moz.

Hang the DJ, hang the DJ hang the DJ.

You don't get it do you Gregor ?

Contents
English
Proverb
English Edit

Proverb Edit

What is good for a woman is equally good for a man; or, what a woman can have or do, so can a man have or do. This comes from an earlier proverb, “What’s sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.”
What is good for one type is equally good for another type, despite any irrelevant differences between the types.
Last edited 8 months ago by Ungoliant MMDCCLXIV
Wiktionary® MobileDesktop
Content is available under CC BY-SA 3.0 unless otherwise noted.
Terms of UsePrivacy

This drivel doesn't help you, I'm afraid.

And your constant and ridiculous claim that Tge Smiths will one day have a reunion is an EPIC fail. Joyce may have won in court, but he f***ed up any chance of a career. This New Years Eve he will be deejaying in a pub in Chorlton whilst Morrissey plays in LA. Let's hope it was all worth it. Let's hope Joyce is enjoying that double garage of his.

The Smiths is dead - long live Moz.

Hang the DJ, hang the DJ hang the DJ.
Couldn't have put it better!!! Was Joyce greedy or just thick? Cheers to his pub gig , weddings next!

I think time has proven that while yes, the frontman has a lot on his shoulders, if he plays no instruments, and writes no music, then there is a lot on the shoulders of his bandmates as well. The band has slid into decline as evidenced by plodders like, oh, at least the last two albums. (Generously speaking)
They have their moments, but YOR was dreck from start to finish.

You are correct, i was only speaking now in terms of The Smiths...

It seems they all shared the same accountants and lawyers and Mike should have gotten a lawyer before he did.

Don't forget that after Morrissey forced Joe Moss out of the picture, Morrissey's mum was acting as their accountant for a while. Presumably this is around the time Morrissey decided he and Marr should get a hefty pay increase?

Morrissey got screwed by the judge, Joyce cashed a 10% check over and over , so he agreed it was 10%, US law. STUPIDITY isn't a defense.

I guess stupid people have no accountability in the UK because Judge Weeks decided Morrissey was shady and Mike Joyce wasn't intelligent enough to understand what he was signing.

This drivel doesn't help you, I'm afraid.

Take the easy way and give in your all the same in the cult aren't you ?

So Silly Steven can come out with ridiculous statements but God forbid anyone else eh !
Oh I get it now thanks.

Johnny said over and over again that Mike and Andy knew it because he told them all the specifications. Johnny said it was their agreement that Mike and Andy get less money but also have less work and less responsibilities. So, do you say that Johnny is a liar? Because most people here constantly go on about how sincere Johnny Marr is. Surely he wouldn't lie in such an important case, wouldn't he?

I don't think it's necessary to think Johnny lied about anything. It's not impossible that he did, but actually everyone's accounts of what happened seem pretty much compatible. Under duress and without them getting any legal advice, Johnny feels that he got Andy and Mike to agree to the general principle that they should get less money. However, he didn't claim to have got them to agree to 10%. Andy and Mike felt that there was no agreement. But there's a lot of room for cross-purposes given the circumstances, and in any case an agreement to a general principle is not really an agreement to anything concrete. It's just an indication that negotiation is possible. It turned out not to be workable for some unknown reason (perhaps someone involved was not willing to give any ground). At the end of the day, it's not really that Johnny must be lying, it's just that his version of events doesn't add up to very much.

Actually Mike is doing in Italy on NYE as he did last year too, getting paid handsomely too.

Take the easy way and give in your all the same in the cult aren't you ?

So Silly Steven can come out with ridiculous statements but God forbid anyone else eh !
Oh I get it now thanks.

No, that's not at all what I was saying. Go back and read it a few times over, or make someone read it for you.

Actually Mike is doing in Italy on NYE as he did last year too, getting paid handsomely too.

Can you imagine what he'd be earning if he was playing a Smiths gig though? He f***ed up.

Can you imagine what he'd be earning if he was playing a Smiths gig though? He f***ed up.

History tells us he'd be getting as little as possible.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom