"Bulbous salutation in the otherwise festive zone" card

Posted by @mikejoyce / Twitter:

@mikejoyce: It was sent to me today.

festive_card.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: "Bulbous salutation in the otherwise festive zone" card

It has to be a very opressive feeling when someone answers a question during an interview, gives an opinion beginning the sentence using “I understand why” and not at all saying “Go people do this or that”; and then powerful people publicly accuse him of a crime such as incitement to violence. When you say someone is a criminal that’s, at least, an insult. He was insulted, because he was accused publicly of a crime he didn't commit. Period.

There’s a defense against those false accusations: the courts. But Moz was personally mistreated and injured by the justice system represented by judge Weeks (leaving aside the unfavorable outcome on two instances). Reading his Autobiography, his own lawyers were pretty useless and acted in fear of reprisals.

Which Smiths gigs did you attend where he only gave 10% Ketamine or is your suggestion that he only received 10% for his efforts. If its the former, I doubt whether you ever saw The Smiths or have ever been to Manchester, where you would find that Mike Joyce is a well liked chap. If its the latter, you seem to forget he received a 1 million pound settlement as well as the royalty increase.

Please note this comment is my perspective on the events leading up to BB's campaign to debunk Morrissey as a Crank-Fraud/Clown. Before he left this space-time reality matrix, he left instructions for us to include Johnny Marr on the charge sheet which we will now do. BB, Sharon and myself occupy the same 'meat-space' but that person is merely a conduit for our ruminations, he/she merely types these words in trance, similar to the way Morrissey writes lyrics with his left hand whilst in darkness. These words are from 'another dimension. Etc.

BB believed both Morrissey and Marr should be put on trial for crimes against music. They fraudulently traded as a band/group/gang then tried to blame Joyce & Rourke when they protested at the real injustice in this story. At least Marr has paid his debt and got on with his life leading to a creative rebirth, but where is the evidence that Morrissey has paid Joyce 1 million pounds and settled the accrued fees and interest charges of his absurd vanity/victim script court case? He presumably imagined he'd be seen as a modern Wilde tormented by injustice rather than a greedy bastard. Ditto Marr, but he at least had the sense to settle before the High Court.

"BrummieBoy" was always adamant that The Smiths greatness lay in the fluke alignment of 4 equally brilliant talents, exactly like Led Zeppelin, but obviously not as good. As a musician/singer, he knew the swirling cauldron of the music was just as important as the lyrics or Morrissey's absurd Diva attempts to submerge the music behind The Hegemony Of The Voice/Singer/*Star*. Without the rhythmn section of Joyce & Rourke, he maintained The Smiths would not have achieved truly epic greatness & this is why Morrissey's attempts to recreate The Smiths template with Street/Whyte/Boorer always failed, even if there was periodic highlights to add to the decades long 'Coda' to The Smiths that is 'Morrissey:Solo' .BB said that Robert Plant was absolutely right to dismiss the concept of Led Zeppelin without Bonham and even though he loved the 13 album & tour, without Bill, Black Sabbath are NOT BLACK SABBATH. Any renunion of The Smiths without Joyce and Rourke would be absurd and BB hoped that they would be given the silly Rock&Roll Hall of Fame one day to call Morrissey and Marr's bluff. Having spent decades bemoaning his failure to be given any silly trophies would Morrissey turn up? With Marr? Or finally restore dignity and honour to The Smiths by acknowledging the contribution of Joyce and Rourke and hang his head him shame (with Marr) for ever trying to shaft them?

The Drummer and The Bassist are just as important as The Guitarist and The Singer in any authentic group, otherwise it's something else, which is fine. So long as that is made clear from the outset. BB will take to the stage as a solo artist fronting a vast collective but everybody knows the score, the legals, the finances. BB wanted it to be a band in the 70s but there were too many diva egos in Birmingham. Morrissey now trades as a Solo artist as does Marr, their ego issues having destroyed The Smiths. What was never acceptable was the fraudulent parading of The Smiths as a Clash-like 'Last Gang In Town' based on male bonding/loyalty and trust, when all along Morrissey and Marr were scheming to syphon off the cash in a deceitful and manipulative way. One only has to look at U2, friends at school they made a pact and all share the profit and glory. BB was sometimes driven beserk by Bono's pontifications but he always knew that behind the clown-facade was a man of integrity and honour who hadn't shafted his friends for money. Ditto The Edge. No doubt The Edge and Bono could have tried to shaft Larry and Adam, but being Dubs, L & A would have told The Singer and The Guitarist to take their vanity ego and greed and shove it up their arse. Bono and The Edge would have acheived 'success' either together or alone, but they would never, ever have achieved the remarkable glory that is U2 if they had betrayed the gang vows they took. The First Of The Gang To Die was Morrissey, then Marr, only Joyce and Rourke come out of it all with any dignity and honour.

BB is hoping to work with Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke, but that will have to wait until the issue of a reunion of The Smiths is settled by whether or not Morrissey is given a new round of Corporate Rock Whore funding by a Major Label for his Solo Vanity Projects. After #ProfitFromParis #TSAisthenewISA and #LasFalkandsFarago that now seems unlikely. His renewed dissing of Madonna for her astonishing show of bravery by singing in La Place De La Republic to let her jihadist assasins know she will not live in fear was the final straw. The BB collective had their Xmas Party at Madonna's show in Brum on Weds. She really is a phenomenon. Morrissey's envy of her success and genuine radicalism is beyond preposterous. Her 'fall' at The Brits will be seen as the moment she acheived true world historic apocalyptic religious fame and honour for, as the song goes, "I get knocked down, but I get up again..." If only Morrissey and Marr had had the balls of Madonna.....

BB will breifly denounce Morrissey and Marr at some stage of his public career and release 5 albums he wrote during the time The Smiths were together, hopefully featuring Joyce and Rourke. Those five albums will be seen to eclipse the entire work of The Smiths. The BB will get back to the dance-floor for some more confessions.......And if Morrissey and Marr try the High Court route to take down BB for 'defamation' using the same gangster code as the British Royal Aristocracy, BB will just go bankrupt and start again. Of course, in doing so, they would hand him their fame and heads on a plate and be subject to eternal scorn and ridicule for eternity for ever taking 'fan fiction' on a 'hateful online creche' as a threat to their 'reputations'. They have destroyed their reputations by fighting that court case to the High Court. If they fancy another one, bring it on...BB is 4Real, the real punk rebel who has never, evva, given a flying f***. Ask Madonna.... BB has waited 40 years to allow the technology and culture to evolve to the point when it was worth taking to the stage. It's never been about 'fame'. He is the Anti-Star, the black hole on the event horizon that will consume that entire nonsense. Etc.

It's Xmas, keep it 4Real, keep living the dream, keep living for love

Solstice Greeting from
Alfie M aka: The Archivist

J.K. Rowling Verified account ‏@jk_rowling

Are you the sort of person who gloats when they see a woman fall, or the kind that celebrates a magnificent recovery? #TeamMadonna

Please note this comment is my perspective on the events leading up to BB's campaign to debunk Morrissey as a Crank-Fraud/Clown. Before he left this space-time reality matrix, he left instructions for us to include Johnny Marr on the charge sheet which we will now do. BB, Sharon and myself occupy the same 'meat-space' but that person is merely a conduit for our ruminations, he/she merely types these words in trance, similar to the way Morrissey writes lyrics with his left hand whilst in darkness. These words are from 'another dimension. Etc.

BB believed both Morrissey and Marr should be put on trial for crimes against music. They fraudulently traded as a band/group/gang then tried to blame Joyce & Rourke when they protested at the real injustice in this story. At least Marr has paid his debt and got on with his life leading to a creative rebirth, but where is the evidence that Morrissey has paid Joyce 1 million pounds and settled the accrued fees and interest charges of his absurd vanity/victim script court case? He presumably imagined he'd be seen as a modern Wilde tormented by injustice rather than a greedy bastard. Ditto Marr, but he at least had the sense to settle before the High Court.

"BrummieBoy" was always adamant that The Smiths greatness lay in the fluke alignment of 4 equally brilliant talents, exactly like Led Zeppelin, but obviously not as good. As a musician/singer, he knew the swirling cauldron of the music was just as important as the lyrics or Morrissey's absurd Diva attempts to submerge the music behind The Hegemony Of The Voice/Singer/*Star*. Without the rhythmn section of Joyce & Rourke, he maintained The Smiths would not have achieved truly epic greatness & this is why Morrissey's attempts to recreate The Smiths template with Street/Whyte/Boorer always failed, even if there was periodic highlights to add to the decades long 'Coda' to The Smiths that is 'Morrissey:Solo' .BB said that Robert Plant was absolutely right to dismiss the concept of Led Zeppelin without Bonham and even though he loved the 13 album & tour, without Bill, Black Sabbath are NOT BLACK SABBATH. Any renunion of The Smiths without Joyce and Rourke would be absurd and BB hoped that they would be given the silly Rock&Roll Hall of Fame one day to call Morrissey and Marr's bluff. Having spent decades bemoaning his failure to be given any silly trophies would Morrissey turn up? With Marr? Or finally restore dignity and honour to The Smiths by acknowledging the contribution of Joyce and Rourke and hang his head him shame (with Marr) for ever trying to shaft them?

The Drummer and The Bassist are just as important as The Guitarist and The Singer in any authentic group, otherwise it's something else, which is fine. So long as that is made clear from the outset. BB will take to the stage as a solo artist fronting a vast collective but everybody knows the score, the legals, the finances. BB wanted it to be a band in the 70s but there were too many diva egos in Birmingham. Morrissey now trades as a Solo artist as does Marr, their ego issues having destroyed The Smiths. What was never acceptable was the fraudulent parading of The Smiths as a Clash-like 'Last Gang In Town' based on male bonding/loyalty and trust, when all along Morrissey and Marr were scheming to syphon off the cash in a deceitful and manipulative way. One only has to look at U2, friends at school they made a pact and all share the profit and glory. BB was sometimes driven beserk by Bono's pontifications but he always knew that behind the clown-facade was a man of integrity and honour who hadn't shafted his friends for money. Ditto The Edge. No doubt The Edge and Bono could have tried to shaft Larry and Adam, but being Dubs, L & A would have told The Singer and The Guitarist to take their vanity ego and greed and shove it up their arse. Bono and The Edge would have acheived 'success' either together or alone, but they would never, ever have achieved the remarkable glory that is U2 if they had betrayed the gang vows they took. The First Of The Gang To Die was Morrissey, then Marr, only Joyce and Rourke come out of it all with any dignity and honour.

BB is hoping to work with Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke, but that will have to wait until the issue of a reunion of The Smiths is settled by whether or not Morrissey is given a new round of Corporate Rock Whore funding by a Major Label for his Solo Vanity Projects. After #ProfitFromParis #TSAisthenewISA and #LasFalkandsFarago that now seems unlikely. His renewed dissing of Madonna for her astonishing show of bravery by singing in La Place De La Republic to let her jihadist assasins know she will not live in fear was the final straw. The BB collective had their Xmas Party at Madonna's show in Brum on Weds. She really is a phenomenon. Morrissey's envy of her success and genuine radicalism is beyond preposterous. Her 'fall' at The Brits will be seen as the moment she acheived true world historic apocalyptic religious fame and honour for, as the song goes, "I get knocked down, but I get up again..." If only Morrissey and Marr had had the balls of Madonna.....

BB will breifly denounce Morrissey and Marr at some stage of his public career and release 5 albums he wrote during the time The Smiths were together, hopefully featuring Joyce and Rourke. Those five albums will be seen to eclipse the entire work of The Smiths. The BB will get back to the dance-floor for some more confessions.......And if Morrissey and Marr try the High Court route to take down BB for 'defamation' using the same gangster code as the British Royal Aristocracy, BB will just go bankrupt and start again. Of course, in doing so, they would hand him their fame and heads on a plate and be subject to eternal scorn and ridicule for eternity for ever taking 'fan fiction' on a 'hateful online creche' as a threat to their 'reputations'. They have destroyed their reputations by fighting that court case to the High Court. If they fancy another one, bring it on...BB is 4Real, the real punk rebel who has never, evva, given a flying f***. Ask Madonna.... BB has waited 40 years to allow the technology and culture to evolve to the point when it was worth taking to the stage. It's never been about 'fame'. He is the Anti-Star, the black hole on the event horizon that will consume that entire nonsense. Etc.

It's Xmas, keep it 4Real, keep living the dream, keep living for love

Solstice Greeting from
Alfie M aka: The Archivist

J.K. Rowling Verified account ‏@jk_rowling

Are you the sort of person who gloats when they see a woman fall, or the kind that celebrates a magnificent recovery? #TeamMadonna

Alfie, we understand your boss BB is a communist and a simplistic. And that loads of words and a decent use of the language aren't equivalent to a clear mind and a good reasoning.

First, not all bands have the same dynamic of work. Most of times, from the outside you can’t see what’s actually happening among its members. The stage doesn’t necessarily reflect the load of responsibilities each one of them assumes on a daily basis.

Second, the iniciative, time, effort and personal talent of each one of the members should count. They counted in The Smiths when they were paid the original checks and all agreed while they were performing. And they counted after the band dissolved, since they were reflected in the career each member developed.

I can´t make a political speech here, but dictatorship and communism are two concepts that get along very well. That’s why earnings don’t reflect the work, talent and initiative in communism. Communism is esentially unfair and alienating, because it doesn’t promote self-improvement and self-initiative. The dictators think you are stupid so they decide for you, they make you believe you need their protection to justify their existence, so they meddle in your private business and agreements. Eventually, any dictatorship will end in communism to survive, and every communism ends in a dictatorship by the same reason. By the way, Marx wasn’t born in Russia.

Alfie, we understand your boss BB is a communist and a simplistic. And that loads of words and a decent use of the language aren't equivalent to a clear mind and a good reasoning.

First, not all bands have the same dynamic of work. Most of times, from the outside you can’t see what’s actually happening among its members. The stage doesn’t necessarily reflect the load of responsibilities each one of them assumes on a daily basis.

Second, the iniciative, time, effort and personal talent of each one of the members should count. They counted in The Smiths when they were paid the original checks and all agreed while they were performing. And they counted after the band dissolved, since they were reflected in the career each member developed.

I can´t make a political speech here, but dictatorship and communism are two concepts that get along very well. That’s why earnings don’t reflect the work, talent and initiative in communism. Communism is esentially unfair and alienating, because it doesn’t promote self-improvement and self-initiative. The dictators think you are stupid so they decide for you, they make you believe you need their protection to justify their existence, so they meddle in your private business and agreements. Eventually, any dictatorship will end in communism to survive, and every communism ends in a dictatorship by the same reason. By the way, Marx wasn’t born in Russia.

wtf are you talking about? normally you dont make much sense, but today you have outdone yourself in your incoherency.

i dont think you would describe boz and the lads as having talent and initiative nor moz promoring any self improvement or self initiative in them. on the contrary, if they just but once step out of line they are sent home for the duration.

wtf are you talking about? normally you dont make much sense, but today you have outdone yourself in your incoherency.

i dont think you would describe boz and the lads as having talent and initiative nor moz promoring any self improvement or self initiative in them. on the contrary, if they just but once step out of line they are sent home for the duration.

I don't know who you are, I'd like to enjoy the same privilege you have to know my name to criticize the coherence of your previous words as you do with mine. Answer is delayed until that moment :)

Ketamine Sun;1986948307 And as far as the settlement goes... well... justice was not served.[/QUOTE said:
Actually I feel sorry for Morrissey and his blind devotees. He so much tries to picture himself as a modern-day Oscar Wilde, punished by the evil Judge Weeks, sentenced innocently....oh..ohh. In truth all future generations will look at this court case (as a footnote to the Smiths story) as how pitiless, greedy Morrissey and Marr were. But again, you know, people move on.

I don't know who you are, I'd like to enjoy the same privilege you have to know my name to criticize the coherence of your previous words as you do with mine. Answer is delayed until that moment :)

my name is countfour. *rolls eyes*

Actually I feel sorry for Morrissey and his blind devotees. He so much tries to picture himself as a modern-day Oscar Wilde, punished by the evil Judge Weeks, sentenced innocently....oh..ohh. In truth all future generations will look at this court case (as a footnote to the Smiths story) as how pitiless, greedy Morrissey and Marr were. But again, you know, people move on.

https://www.instagram.com/p/_kJqqZgmI6/

Salulations

Some people don't move on: they continue publishing on their twitter accounts photos of salutation cards with the faces of their former partners. Some people do move on and now have a succesful career, like Moz :)

moz has a very successful career. with no record label, no manager, no booking agent, no more books, rejection by every single major (real) label in the entire planet, videos on an iphone by his nephew, running out of money, awards for the worst books,,,, i guess you can even say moz has given the definition of success a totally new meaning.
hitting up his former mates for 15 percent. i dont think you can be more successful than that.

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others" George Orwell 'Animal Farm'

#ReplaceableLawnmowerParts

Alfie-The Archivist

Last edited:
fixed for ya !

No problem, ;)

Of course! Morrissey moved on. He didn't dedicate 40 pages of his book of the court case?!

Anyways i can only repeat myself. History will look at this footnote with shaking heads ''what bastards M&M were''. Nothing changes that.

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others" George Orwell 'Animal Farm'

#ReplaceableLawnmowerParts

Alfie-The Archivist

Justice means giving each person what he or she deserves, not giving everyone the same. The last is unfair.

jeez. He's a fine drummer.Fine for what they needed and no better. Call me wacky,but I don't think Mike had to put in as much effort to the Smiths as much as M and Marr did (nor did he need to,he drummed ). I think Andy contributed a little more than Mike as far as bringing something new to the table to contribute to the richness of the songs.. Could the Smiths have continued without Joyce or Rourke ? I think so. Would it have been the same or better or worse? Who's to say.

Mike Joyce put as much work into a live gig as any of the other three, if not more. Seems like it can't be repeated enough times: fame, recognition and the huge sum of royalties that are rightfully bigger and more to M&M.

' if not more ' ?

what's that mean?

He sweated more? Do you have a sweat counter device?

As far as 'Mike Joyce put as much work into a live gig as any of the other three' I agree, He played the drums as best he knew how at that moment that he could. And that goes for all of them doing the best at what they knew how to do at the time as they could.

I don't understand your last line, please explain or word differently. ' : fame, recognition and the huge sum of royalties that are rightfully bigger and more to M&M. ' ?

edit: also need to explain because you seem to have read my post wrong, when I say ' I don't think Mike had to put in as much effort to the Smiths as much as M and Marr did (nor did he need to,he drummed )'...

I'm not talking about just 'live gigs' which seems to be your concern. I'm talking about him as drummer in the Smiths. He had no other duties than to be there when needed to play drums as best he could. I don't think that deserves the title of or the equal benefits of an equal partnership among the four members, especially when M's and Marr's duties as members stretched beyond being there to sing,play guitar.

gosh you're thick

' if not more ' ?

what's that mean?

He sweated more? Do you have a sweat counter device?

As far as 'Mike Joyce put as much work into a live gig as any of the other three' I agree, He played the drums as best he knew how at that moment that he could. And that goes for all of them doing the best at what they knew how to do at the time as they could.

I don't understand your last line, please explain or word differently. ' : fame, recognition and the huge sum of royalties that are rightfully bigger and more to M&M. ' ?

edit: also need to explain because you seem to have read my post wrong, when I say ' I don't think Mike had to put in as much effort to the Smiths as much as M and Marr did (nor did he need to,he drummed )'...

I'm not talking about just 'live gigs' which seems to be your concern. I'm talking about him as drummer in the Smiths. He had no other duties than to be there when needed to play drums as best he could. I don't think that deserves the title of or the equal benefits of an equal partnership among the four members, especially when M's and Marr's duties as members stretched beyond being there to sing,play guitar.

Jesus Christ, your last paragraph is beyond belief. Do you really think he just drummed, do you think every song has the same drum pattern? The beat, the pattern etc are integral to the way a song sounds and Mike came up with those.

Do you really think Still Ill would sound like it does if he just turned up and drummed?

Do you really think What Difference Does It Make would sound like it does if he had just turned up and drummed?

Do you really think The Queen Is Dead ..... Hopefully you see what I mean?

You really are coming across as a proper tit.

Last edited:
Jesus Christ, your last paragraph is beyond belief. Do you really think he just drummed, do you think every song has the same drum pattern? The beat, the pattern etc are integral to the way a song sounds and Mike came up with those.

Do you really think Still Ill would sound like it does if he just turned up and drummed.

You really are coming across as a proper tit.

You say 'tit' ! I have been referring to it as 'stupid' recently so there we have it Suface ! "Stupid tit" works for me.

The stupid tit didn't even have time to listen to Mikes interview and was requesting certain interview points to skip to in previous posts. Plenty to say on the matter yet can't be arsed to listen to what's coming out of the horses mouth. Cult tunnel vision stupid tit.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

'
As far as 'Mike Joyce put as much work into a live gig as any of the other three' I agree,

You agree he worked as much at live gigs as the other three? So why did Morrissey and Marr think it's fair to pay FOUR TIME less as themselves? More precisely, why do YOU think it's fair to get paid 4 times as much in a band? Or if it wasn't a band, why wasn't it called Morrissey and Marr?

I try to be as clear and straight as possible. If you are a songwriter/frontman, you possibly put more effort into the band, more time to organsie things, having meetings with managers etc. In return, if the band i successful (and the level The Smiths achieved definitely counts as successful) you get songwriting royalties as in thousands, tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands pounds. Money the rhytm section doesn't get. Plus you get much more recognition, you are the ''face'' of the band, you get interviewed, invited to parties and so on. The more work and plus effort is the price you pay for getting more than the others (drummer, bassist, backing vocalist etc) get.

After you receive your XX,000 GBP royalty check for radio plays it takes guts to rob your drummer and bassist etc on live fees. And then you're hurt if they sue you.

Do you get it now?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom