Can u smell the burning animal flesh at Moz's fave LA hangout-Cat & Fiddle?

I'm confused. Are you saying that he shouldn't eat at restaurants where they serve meat just because he doesn't eat meat himself? That would make life very difficult.

We're not talking about a restaurant he just found himself in one time. We're talking about his SPOT in LA. His chosen hang-out.

The reason he didn't want them serving meat at the venue is because he was PLAYING at the venue. He wouldn't have said anything about it had he not been the draw for the evening. It's like he was inviting people to come see him and then serving them meat against his will. It wasn't LIKE that, actually -- It WAS that. He didn't want to be a party to something unethical in his eyes.

One of the examples I gave was Morrissey throwing a fit at a multi-act FESTIVAL. My contention is that he threw the fit because he wanted to get into the papers with some controversy. Meanwhile, his chosen hang-out spot in LA is a restaurant that is serving up the meat. If his hyper-sensitivity to being around meat being cooked and served is to believed at his festival incident, how can it be that his chosen hang-out spot in LA was subjecting him to the same things he walked off the stage over?

Also, no, you can't really smell much meat at The Cat & Fiddle, come to think of it. It's not a grilly meaty place. They seem to really appeal to vegetarians.

Most of the menu is not vegetarian, so I don't know how you are trying to claim it as some kind of vegetarian restaurant. The menu is not outdated; it is the current menu on their web site.

Also? Even if it was just a publicity stunt, why not? It's a great way to get your cause noticed. I don't see anything wrong with that at all.

I contrasted Morrissey with another pop singer, Northeast Ohio's Chrissie Hynde, of The Pretenders fame. She's a PETA person too. Guess what? She hangs out in vegan restaurants. She also owns a vegan restaurant in Northeast Ohio. She seems more sincere.

Last edited:
I think one look at the alcohol available would explain why Morrissey would find this place acceptable.

I mean, Boddingtons.

If I ever go to LA, that'll be my hang out.

Eh? Boddingtons is pretty good, but what's the big deal? They serve that in numerous bars in my city of Cleveland, and they sell it in canned 4-packs in my neighborhood grocery store. You act it's some rare thing. It's distributed in the USA by freaking Anheuser-Busch. It is common. I'd understand it if the Cat & Fiddle served something truly special, like the fantastic craft beers of the Great Lakes Brewing Company of Cleveland, OH. Sorry, having Boddingtons on tap doesn't explain why he threw a fit at the music festival for serving meat but chose a meat-serving restaurant in LA as his SPOT and HANG-OUT. The most likely explanation is that he wanted to get into the papers at the festival.

Last edited:
Re: Theo

Was that really necessary to post, Kewpie?

Kewpie has been trolling me for years. Even though I'm semi-retired from SoLow and only check in here once in a blue moon, she still can't stop. I wouldn't mind, really, except that Kewpie is a moderator and thus it is extremely unprofessional.

Re: Theo

There's a slight difference between one kitchen in a pub serving food and the smell of hundreds of burger / hotdog stands cooking meat in open air festivals. To suggest that this is to get into the papers is bizarre.

I'm confused. Are you saying that he shouldn't eat at restaurants where they serve meat just because he doesn't eat meat himself? That would make life very difficult.

The reason he didn't want them serving meat at the venue is because he was PLAYING at the venue. He wouldn't have said anything about it had he not been the draw for the evening. It's like he was inviting people to come see him and then serving them meat against his will. It wasn't LIKE that, actually -- It WAS that. He didn't want to be a party to something unethical in his eyes.

Also, no, you can't really smell much meat at The Cat & Fiddle, come to think of it. It's not a grilly meaty place. They seem to really appeal to vegetarians. That menu might be a bit outdated too, because when I was there I felt like they had a lot more vegetarian options... I'm not sure.

Also? Even if it was just a publicity stunt, why not? It's a great way to get your cause noticed. I don't see anything wrong with that at all.

Oh please.:rolleyes:

Oh please.:rolleyes:
^This would be my exact response to nearly every one of your posts if I were to allow myself to be classless, flippant, dismissive, and unnecessarily disagreeable on a daily basis.

Last edited:
We're not talking about a restaurant he just found himself in one time. We're talking about his SPOT in LA. His chosen hang-out.

One of the examples I gave was Morrissey throwing a fit at a multi-act FESTIVAL. My contention is that he threw the fit because he wanted to get into the papers with some controversy. Meanwhile, his chosen hang-out spot in LA is a restaurant that is serving up the meat. If his hyper-sensitivity to being around meat being cooked and served is to believed at his festival incident, how can it be that his chosen hang-out spot in LA was subjecting him to the same things he walked off the stage over?

Most of the menu is not vegetarian, so I don't know how you are trying to claim it as some kind of vegetarian restaurant. The menu is not outdated; it is the current menu on their web site.

I contrasted Morrissey with another pop singer, Northeast Ohio's Chrissie Hynde, of The Pretenders fame. She's a PETA person too. Guess what? She hangs out in vegan restaurants. She also owns a vegan restaurant in Northeast Ohio. She seems more sincere.

Oh God. Really? Perhaps you should straighten your dickie and get out more, Theo.

Eh? Boddingtons is pretty good, but what's the big deal? They serve that in numerous bars in my city of Cleveland, and they sell it in canned 4-packs in my neighborhood grocery store. You act it's some rare thing. It's distributed in the USA by freaking Anheuser-Busch. It is common. I'd understand it if the Cat & Fiddle served something truly special, like the fantastic craft beers of the Great Lakes Brewing Company of Cleveland, OH. Sorry, having Boddingtons on tap doesn't explain why he threw a fit at the music festival for serving meat but chose a meat-serving restaurant in LA as his SPOT and HANG-OUT. The most likely explanation is that he wanted to get into the papers at the festival.

I had no idea you could get Boddies everywhere in the US. That's so cool.

Don't get the mac and cheese. It's basically fettucchini alfredo and it's gross. Get the rarebit. And a Boddington's. And go on Sunday evening, live jazz and less hipsters.

Yes the rarebit was pretty good. It's a nice place to sit outside and have a drink. People take their dogs there. We need more outdoor seating here.

Morrissey does like to complain about the smell of meat...But then again, I'm sure when he's in resturaunts that he deals with it all the time, so I get your point. I dont think Morrissey was too bothered about the smell, but then again he never really tends to complain anywhere else

Back
Top Bottom