Can you delete comments from the main page?

• Thread starter Deleted member 4260
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4260

I didn't want to post about this because I didn't want to drawn attention to it, but it's out of hand now.
Is there a way for the mods to delete the disgusting comments on the mainpage under the Greenville show? This has happened before in the past, but I've never seen it this out of control.

It doesn't bother me, in fact it's hysterical that people take the time out of their lives to do that, but I know there are alot of young fans that come on here and my motherly instincts just kicked in.

I didn't want to post about this because I didn't want to drawn attention to it, but it's out of hand now.
Is there a way for the mods to delete the disgusting comments on the mainpage under the Greenville show? This has happened before in the past, but I've never seen it this out of control.

It doesn't bother me, in fact it's hysterical that people take the time out of their lives to do that, but I know there are alot of young fans that come on here and my motherly instincts just kicked in.

We know who these people are. Comments on the main page run under a diferent system from these forums (fora?), and we never delete them (I can't remember a time when one was). Users have a Karma score, depending on their contribution to the site. Once in a while certain users will get some moderating points, which they can use (they will see slightly different options when they log in). Each post starts off with a score - usually 0; what happens is the silly and unpleasant ones get moderated down (below 0) and the good and informative ones get moderated up (above 1). You might have noticed that the ones that get moderated up appear more prominent, and the ones that get moderated down disappear (at least until you set the threshold lower - there is always an option to look below your current threshold). I think the people posting this stuff now will, in the long run, look even more stupid than they already do, the general posters having had a chance to see what they posted. If they wanted to.

Peter

Last edited:
I dont understand that these comments get posted ( i did state it at the chloe thread at his forum) anyway if someone uses a offensive language on any other board he will get banned or at least the moderator /administrator will refuse to keep that
i mean if even morrissey himself call it..oh you know what name he gave this site..he obviously did read these comments on the main site once or someone from his management did told him about and he back off..so its really embarassing that he actulaly know about it and once i again i dont know wany other forum or board who allows to post offensive commentin that extreme way ahh should i mention that chloe main board comments again...that get posted since she was mentioned the first time
and once again also if the the anonymous possibility is gone and poeple post under their names it will be better...

Last edited:
I dont understand that these comments get posted ( i did state it at the chloe thread at his forum) anyway if someone uses a offensive language on any other board he will get banned or at least the moderator /administrator will refuse to keep that
i mean if even morrissey himself call it..oh you know what name he gave this site..he obviously did read these comments on the main site once or someone from his management did told him about and he back off..so its really embarassing that he actulaly know about it and once i again i dont know wany other forum or board who allows to post offensive commentin that extreme way ahh should i mention that chloe main board comments again...that get posted since she was mentioned the first time
and once again also if the the anonymous possibility is gone and poeple post under their names it will be better...

These are the breaks. We allow anoymous posting on the front page, because some proper gems have been stowed away from time to time. The downside is the loonies. As I mentioned, people can choose to set the threshold lower if they don't want to see the loony posts.

Peter

morrissey called it 'solow'...he didn't call it that because of trolls, he called it that because he's a private person and doesn't like any site that tracks his moves--including controversial moves. On top of that this site also posts rumors...some rumors are, obviously, false and morrissey doesn't like any rumor that may damage his image. there is a history involved in exactly which stories in the past got morrissey pissed of, including getting his lawyers involved.

there is a history involved in exactly which stories in the past got morrissey pissed of, including getting his lawyers involved.

Yeah, Morrissey tried to have his lawyers harass a "little guy" who helped to keep fans from forgetting about him during the long years when Morrissey forgot to record an album. What a guy.

As for the trolls on the main page, some of them are some of Morrissey's biggest fans. One - Paul AKA Freeyourself - is such a hardcore Morrissey fan that he (rather unsuccessfully) attempts to dress and look like Morrissey. You won't find trolls nearly as mean or deranged on most any other pop stars' fan sites, but they have always been a major element on every Morrissey-related site going all the way back to Usenet and AOL in the early '90s. Such awful people are a significant portion of the people Morrissey attracts.

Last edited:
As for the trolls on the main page, some of them are some of Morrissey's biggest fans. One - Paul AKA Freeyourself - is such a hardcore Morrissey fan that he (rather unsuccessfully) attempts to dress and look like Morrissey.

For the hard of understanding, the just plain stupid, and those with their own spite- filled agendas, such as my old friend Theo here, can I just point out, for the thousandth time, that the person abusing me/impersonating me (really badly)/posting filth on the main page comments section, is not me.
I made one post, simply to reaffirm this, on the Tabernacle thread (three, if you count the ones correcting the boring clown's spelling. After all, I didn't want Theo to think I couldn't spell)
Entitled: "Boring Clown Alert"

http://tour.morrissey-solo.com/comm...1&commentsort=0&mode=thread&pid=283243#283260

Occasionally I do have to post on this site, such as the above, and such as now, simply to clear up the many inaccuracies levelled against me, but just to put Theo's rather small mind at rest, I hereby, and catagorically state, that this is the last post I will ever make here.
Once again for Theo, any posts abusing gay people in the foulest terms imaginable are NOT me "seeking attention" (from who? why?), just as posts abusing me personally are NOT me seeking attention, and crude posts supposedly made by me, some even "signed" by me, were NOT in actual fact made by me.
The guy posting all this crap has been doing so for many years now, and is responsible for at least 99% of the objectionable posts on the main page comments section.
The site owner knows the difference between my posts, and those of the miscreant, but, whereas in the past he has confirmed posts WERE made by me, he has NEVER confirmed that bogus posts were NOT made by me, even though he knows this to be a fact.
No Theo, I think you'll find that YOU are the only "troll" on this thread (so far).
Your remark about my personal appearance was wholly uneccesary, particularly as it was a blatant attempt to insult me, because there is history between us.
btw How would someone go about "dressing and looking like Morrissey" successfully? Presumably they would have to actually BE Morrissey, no?
Never have I said I look like Morrissey. If only.

So Theo, if you ever read a comment or post, and suspect me of having made it, simply ask me to confirm it by using either of these methods:
1. I use my profile page on Mozwa.com and post, confirming it was me.
2. I could post on my band's MySpace site. I could change the main pic, at your request.

http://www.myspace.com/morrisseytributeband

These would be ways I could publicly announce my non-involvement.
Alternatively, you could try and be civilised and just message me on either site, rather than publicly denouncing me on an open forum.
Your choice.

Last edited:
once a thicko eh?

for one that listens to 'Morrissey' for the music only (so therefore it don't matter when the next l.p. is out, just follow the ex band members eh?), you seem to have a vast knowledge about his looks? Care to tell me more? Is there something else that appeals to you about Morrissey (obviously not his words). Have you just 'outed' yourself? Well if so I congratulate you, good choice. You'll be a veggie in no time no doubt!

your(s)

Grim

Yeah, Morrissey tried to have his lawyers harass a "little guy" who helped to keep fans from forgetting about him during the long years when Morrissey forgot to record an album. What a guy.

As for the trolls on the main page, some of them are some of Morrissey's biggest fans. One - Paul AKA Freeyourself - is such a hardcore Morrissey fan that he (rather unsuccessfully) attempts to dress and look like Morrissey. You won't find trolls nearly as mean or deranged on most any other pop stars' fan sites, but they have always been a major element on every Morrissey-related site going all the way back to Usenet and AOL in the early '90s. Such awful people are a significant portion of the people Morrissey attracts.

I don't see what this has to do with me, but I'm tempted to stir the pot anyway. :D

My friend Anthony once stated that all of his friends fall into three categories... There are those that run from trouble, those that face up to trouble and those that instigated the whole thing. Just lighting the fuze and walking away.

Heh heh

1067231667_ectedspoon.jpg

For the hard of understanding, the just plain stupid, and those with their own spite- filled agendas, such as my old friend Theo here, can I just point out, for the thousandth time, that the person abusing me/impersonating me (really badly)/posting filth on the main page comments section, is not me.
I made one post, simply to reaffirm this, on the Tabernacle thread (three, if you count the ones correcting the boring clown's spelling. After all, I didn't want Theo to think I couldn't spell)
Entitled: "Boring Clown Alert"

http://tour.morrissey-solo.com/comm...1&commentsort=0&mode=thread&pid=283243#283260

Occasionally I do have to post on this site, such as the above, and such as now, simply to clear up the many inaccuracies levelled against me, but just to put Theo's rather small mind at rest, I hereby, and catagorically state, that this is the last post I will ever make here.
Once again for Theo, any posts abusing gay people in the foulest terms imaginable are NOT me "seeking attention" (from who? why?), just as posts abusing me personally are NOT me seeking attention, and crude posts supposedly made by me, some even "signed" by me, were NOT in actual fact made by me.
The guy posting all this crap has been doing so for many years now, and is responsible for at least 99% of the objectionable posts on the main page comments section.
The site owner knows the difference between my posts, and those of the miscreant, but, whereas in the past he has confirmed posts WERE made by me, he has NEVER confirmed that bogus posts were NOT made by me, even though he knows this to be a fact.
No Theo, I think you'll find that YOU are the only "troll" on this thread (so far).
Your remark about my personal appearance was wholly uneccesary, particularly as it was a blatant attempt to insult me, because there is history between us.
btw How would someone go about "dressing and looking like Morrissey" successfully? Presumably they would have to actually BE Morrissey, no?
Never have I said I look like Morrissey. If only.

So Theo, if you ever read a comment or post, and suspect me of having made it, simply ask me to confirm it by using either of these methods:
1. I use my profile page on Mozwa.com and post, confirming it was me.
2. I could post on my band's MySpace site. I could change the main pic, at your request.

http://www.myspace.com/morrisseytributeband

These would be ways I could publicly announce my non-involvement.
Alternatively, you could try and be civilised and just message me on either site, rather than publicly denouncing me on an open forum.
Your choice.

your posts are better when you include a picture of yourself.

What is it with the front page?

I cannot believe the stuff that gets written on there - almost any topic descends into mindless drivel. Who are these people and why do they come here?

Is it the anonymous feature that allows them to be so moronic?

Makes me embarrased to be a fellow moz fan sometimes.:mad:

Re: What is it with the front page?

The anonymity is the trigger, exactly.

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/945/greaterinternetf***wadtnk3.jpg

I cannot believe the stuff that gets written on there - almost any topic descends into mindless drivel. Who are these people and why do they come here?

That's why I never go to the main page.

Sadly the answer to that is no...
They have always made up many names... or come in anonymous...
Your Best go at this is to just be yourself..If you have something to say have the courage to just say it..
Take and hold good advise and if you want to play around or joke around with someone Oh just eventually tell them who you are..
Do not Trust anyone that does not make themselves clear of is not a gentle soul with you.
Even in the real world out there people will always be strange.. I know I am.. Yet...I am as real as real can get.
Haha Well at least one of them.
Or I try.. I do not share to much about myself here.. But I have no problems showing who I am...

It has been sad about so many that have come in here and have gotten hurt..
Yet Keep them close somehow if it is you wish their persona to be around.
Well this is how I see it..
Any other good Ideas?

And yes this place can completely absorb all your spare time and will suck it up! So It is up to you to set boundaries:cool:...

Tags
boring clown alert mini-me
Back
Top Bottom