Charles Aznavour dies at 94; Morrissey statement

UPDATE 10:55 AM PT:

Link posted by Alexi:

DIM THE LIGHTS - Morrissey Central
October 1, 2018

Charles Aznavour dies. Impossible, but true. We shared May 22nd (birthday, but 2 or 3 years apart.) A few years ago I invited him to sing on my album World peace is none of your business. He listened, but declined - a wise man, indeed !
Music lasts longer than life, and Charles Aznavour is music : now, today, tomorrow and always.

MORRISSEY 1 October 2018

44461_Unknown.jpg

Charles Aznavour, French singing star, dies at 94 - BBC News
French singer and songwriter Charles Aznavour has died at 94 after a career lasting more than 80 years, a spokesman has confirmed.

Excerpt:

The star died at one of his homes in the south east of France.

The performer, born to Armenian immigrants, sold more than 180 million records and featured in over 60 films.

44457__103647639_aznavour_bbc.jpg

Morrissey has featured "Emmenez-moi" in his intermission videos.

Last edited:
Dim The Lights.

Charles Aznavour dies. Impossible, but true. We shared May 22nd (birthday, but 2 or 3 years apart.) A few years ago I invited him to sing on my album World peace is none of your business. He listened, but declined - a wise man, indeed !
Music lasts longer than life, and Charles Aznavour is music : now, today, tomorrow and always.
MORRISSEY 1 October 2018
I wonder what song Morrissey wanted him to sing.
I could imagine "I'm not a man" being a likely contender. It would have been a worthy version with his voice.
"Kiss me a lot" would be less likely if only for the incongruity of Charles Aznavours French accent singing "your Mammys back yard"

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder what song Morrissey wanted him to sing.
I could imagine "I'm not a man" being a likely contender. It would have been a worthy version with his voice.
"Kiss me a lot" would be less likely if only for the incongruity of Charles Aznavours French accent singing "your Mammys back yard"

I would take a wild guess at Oboe Concerto.

“Before Aznavour,” the French writer and filmmaker Jean Cocteau once quipped, “despair was unpopular.”

A very classy tribute to the man. We should all just leave it at that.

Is this it?

fantastic,iv never seen this clip before,its like carry on rainbow.everybody has seen rainbow at one time or another if your of a certain age,sure M would know what this programme was if you asked him,its like woolworths just about everybody in Britain bought something at some point from woolies,thats where I bought who put the M in Manchester.

"I still. cannot. speak. French. I am. very. lazy." (Beethoven Was Deaf)

Did Morrissey ever learn some French?
I imagine he at least speaks decent Italian as he lived there for a decade. Surely he must speak reasonable French as he has a place in Lausanne??? God forbid he's one of those expats who refuse to learn the host language.

It was a steaming pile of shite. The ones that disagree are the sycophants and loonies like VeganCro and that nutty broad who emojiis.
That comment is a cold pile of sun dried shite caked into your boots and trekked through your own house.
Aside: I'm surprised by your venom compared to your previous well balanced considered comments in the past. But hey everyone has the right to disagree. I loved World Peace and LIHS. I might be a slag but I'm no sychophant.

I know, I'm getting quite a collection of them :lbf: Apparently when you comment on the thread topic, you're still off-topic :confused:

Well this thread is not about Geoffrey Hayes
and Rainbow. So, yes, you are off topic, no?

Geoffrey H once got drunk in the bar at The Royal Exchange in Manchester, he blew his top LOL. I never viewed Rainbow in the same light after :rainbow:

I hear old men have the runs a lot so quite sure that french fry had it too.
ah well you will have that to look forward to in later life.

He is someone who has just died on the same day as Charles Aznavour. Hence, it is related to the topic in question. I was also replying to Acton's post. That's how conversation works - it circles around the subject and spins off on related topics. If we all stuck rigidly to the thread heading, 3/4 of the posts on this site would be off topic and we'd all just be parroting versions of the same post at each other.

Last edited:
I guess it is. One of the reasons I posted it was I was wondering if Moz had watched Rainbow. I know he didn't spend his early years reading only Wilde or writing about his shipwrecked life. I know he liked comics and sci-fi and horror films. So, in a funny way, the death of a TV host from your youth could have more impact than a death from your adult life. I'm really off topic here. The reason I kept the posts going was because there are so many funny Rainbow utube clips which I thought some people would love. I reckon Moz watched them and right now is penning a new song titled 'The monochrome rainbow'.

I wonder if Moz watched ChiPs or maybe it was after his time. My little brother loved it so much.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom