Morrissey Central "CHART PROGRESS" (March 23, 2020)

Morrissey Central: "CHART PROGRESS"

Unknown_lelcci.jpg

Having been UK Number 1 on Friday, Morrissey's I Am Not A Dog On A Chain is today number 2.

With the closures of HMV shops, please note that online orders are still being fulfilled by HMV, Amazon, Spotify.
Your support is appreciated.

Regards,
FWD.

how has the chart progress of his latest album got anything to do with his wealth?

morrissey has been a very wealthy man for a number of years and if any of the complainers on here had his wealth , you would also live his lifestyle.

im sure i read something once from morrissey saying " i am a millionaire and have been for a number of years but i am incapable of being a millionaire ".....or something similair.

how do any of us know what he does behind the scenes with his money.....George Michael is a prime example.

Today’s midweeks are in:

Albums

1 The Weeknd - After Hours (14.7k) *
2 Morrissey - I Am Not a Dog On a Chain (6.3k) *
3 Lewis Capaldi - Divinely Uninspired to a Hellish Extent (5.5k)
4 David Bowie - Is It Any Wonder? (3.5k - same sales as #5) *
5 Kenny Rogers - All the Hits & All New Love Songs (3.5k) *

Top-3 seems almost certain.

He's got zero chance of top 2 by Friday as Luke Garibaldi is selling around 1500 a day. Should be ok for #3. Fingers crossed he'll avoid his worst ever first-week sales but it'll be a close-run thing and no chance of reaching 10,000.

Today’s midweeks are in:

Albums

1 The Weeknd - After Hours (14.7k) *
2 Morrissey - I Am Not a Dog On a Chain (6.3k) *
3 Lewis Capaldi - Divinely Uninspired to a Hellish Extent (5.5k)
4 David Bowie - Is It Any Wonder? (3.5k - same sales as #5) *
5 Kenny Rogers - All the Hits & All New Love Songs (3.5k) *

Top-3 seems almost certain.

Yikes LIHS sold 25k I believe. Is it just the business or has his fan base really shrunk that much?

Last edited:
Yikes LIHS sold 25k I believe. Is it just the business or has his fan base really shrunk that much?

California Son sold 8k in week one, so it will probably sell more than that, although at the time lots of posters reckoned that the low volume of sales for CS were because it was a covers album. Who knows what goes on nowadays, more people seem to go to gigs than buy albums?

The business, the pandemic & partly The Monstering. It was extreme. But they'll come back or be replaced by new fans. And it'll just be an interesting bit of his legend.

California Son sold 8k in week one, so it will probably sell more than that, although at the time lots of posters reckoned that the low volume of sales for CS were because it was a covers album. Who knows what goes on nowadays, more people seem to go to gigs than buy albums?

lol Skinny you know damn well this fake pseud cant add or subtract.

Two things have happened. One is that the UK fanbase has shrunk, and most experts agree by around 60% over a two-year period with the seemingly endless For Britain/racism coverage. The new album should still have sold at least 10,000 but, for the first time ever, the singles were boycotted/ blacklisted/ignored by UK radio stations (wrongly or rightly). A catchy song on the radio is the single most effective form of advertising for an album, way more so than good reviews. This explains why Low in High School (25,000) sold many more than World Peace (18,000). World Peace had much better reviews but High School had the huge airplay success of Spent the Day in Bed. The drop to below 10,000 is pretty catastrophic and just shows how many people/organisations/radio stations etc. have turned their back on Morrissey in the last 2 years, incensed by his decision to effectively campaign for a far-right political party - politics that are totally and utterly at odds with over half of his fanbase (probably nearer three quarters - a few people still buy his stuff despite feeling massively uncomfortable at the For Britain endorsement).
His fan-base has also withered elsewhere in the world but not by as much (perhaps by a third) as his actions/statements never made the mainstream newspapers and websites there as they did in the UK. Away from the UK, he's still mainly known as an eccentric, anti-royal, vegetarian, indie pop star rather than a far-right, racist weirdo (sadly, his image among the general public in the UK these days).
'I'm not far right' reads the t-shirt slogan he's worn at all the recent concerts. It's good that he's acknowledging this misperception (and personally I know that he is indeed not far right in his views - he's just far muddled). Unfortunately though, go to his official website and you will still see his post wholeheartedly urging everyone to vote for a far-right political party, arguably the single most destructive and idiotic thing he's done in his whole life. If only a close friend/colleague/relative could urge him to remove the post, explaining that he was drawn to the leader of the party (a feminist, vegan, lesbian) rather than what they stood for.

Oh look, the bell end has returned. Where have you been for the last few weeks. I assume a short custodial sentence for masturbating in front of the hair salon again?

would you rather be referred to as 'radis noir' your other fake name Skinny?
its best to erase the memory of this 'surface' id, surely one of the great idiotic fake

Two things have happened. One is that the UK fanbase has shrunk, and most experts agree by around 60% over a two-year period with the seemingly endless For Britain/racism coverage. The new album should still have sold at least 10,000 but, for the first time ever, the singles were boycotted/ blacklisted/ignored by UK radio stations (wrongly or rightly). A catchy song on the radio is the single most effective form of advertising for an album, way more so than good reviews. This explains why Low in High School (25,000) sold many more than World Peace (18,000). World Peace had much better reviews but High School had the huge airplay success of Spent the Day in Bed. The drop to below 10,000 is pretty catastrophic and just shows how many people/organisations/radio stations etc. have turned their back on Morrissey in the last 2 years, incensed by his decision to effectively campaign for a far-right political party - politics that are totally and utterly at odds with over half of his fanbase (probably nearer three quarters - a few people still buy his stuff despite feeling massively uncomfortable at the For Britain endorsement).
His fan-base has also withered elsewhere in the world but not by as much (perhaps by a third) as his actions/statements never made the mainstream newspapers and websites there as they did in the UK. Away from the UK, he's still mainly known as an eccentric, anti-royal, vegetarian, indie pop star rather than a far-right, racist weirdo (sadly, his image among the general public in the UK these days).
'I'm not far right' reads the t-shirt slogan he's worn at all the recent concerts. It's good that he's acknowledging this misperception (and personally I know that he is indeed not far right in his views - he's just far muddled). Unfortunately though, go to his official website and you will still see his post wholeheartedly urging everyone to vote for a far-right political party, arguably the single most destructive and idiotic thing he's done in his whole life. If only a close friend/colleague/relative could urge him to remove the post, explaining that he was drawn to the leader of the party (a feminist, vegan, lesbian) rather than what they stood for.
A great deal of what you state as 'your facts' is frankly utter codswallop and made my blood boil reading it. YOU (and folks know who you are) have been all over this website like a rash for too long spouting this nasty opinion of yours along with a handful of others. When will it sink in that what YOU say means sod all to Morrissey and his fans...we will continue to follow The Great Man's successful career so get it up ye!!! ?

What about the huge airplay success of Istanbul from World Peace album, it was all over several stations, I know because I heard it. Who are these so called "experts" you mention that have apparently calculated a 60% drop in fans? YOU are making stuff up and it doesn't backup your point as its utter nonsense. On your final paragraph, think about it, why would Morrissey apologise to the hateful mob who have feebly attempted to derail his career? Not a chance in hell! ?

I think a major factor in physical album sales dropping is the ease in hearing music online without having to pay for the music itself. There are so many ways to hear the songs without buying them now. Another point which I think is valid is people have realised they can have the music without adding to the 'clutter' around the house so searching for a song on Spotify, YouTube etc or listening to an uploaded leaked album all stop the physical purchase of CD'S, vinyl etc.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom