Cheap Trick Produced By Steve Albini!

klivert70

Gone to waste
Just came across this on the net and thought it might interest some of you.
Here's the story:
On the "Rockline 2003" show, someone called in and asked the band for the history behind this disc, and Bun E. Carlos gave the explanation. The "In Color" album was produced by Tom Werman, but the band always felt that Werman screwed up the album. "He made it safe for radio, but the album sounds like it was done in a cardboard box." So about five years ago [late 1990s] they were in the studio hanging around with the producer Steve Albini, and had nothing to do for a few days, so they said "Yeah, that would be fun to redo that." So they started re-recording the songs. They have not finished it yet, haven't gotten all the harmonies or instruments on it yet, but someday they might finish it and piggyback release it as a bonus disc with something else.

Although it still sounds quite trashy you can definitely hear the godlike Albini influence.

http://rocktownhall.com/Cheap_Trick(Albini).zip

Thanks, as ever, to the original uploader.

I haven't heard it yet, but thanks for sharing that. I loved them in their day.
Bun E.'s in some supergroup combo I read a while back. I guess he's still keeping busy.

Here's the story:
On the "Rockline 2003" show, someone called in and asked the band for the history behind this disc, and Bun E. Carlos gave the explanation. The "In Color" album was produced by Tom Werman, but the band always felt that Werman screwed up the album. "He made it safe for radio, but the album sounds like it was done in a cardboard box." So about five years ago [late 1990s] they were in the studio hanging around with the producer Steve Albini, and had nothing to do for a few days, so they said "Yeah, that would be fun to redo that." So they started re-recording the songs. They have not finished it yet, haven't gotten all the harmonies or instruments on it yet, but someday they might finish it and piggyback release it as a bonus disc with something else.

Although it still sounds quite trashy you can definitely hear the godlike Albini influence.

Hi there- my favorite Cheap Trick album is Heaven Tonight (my high school stoner album.) :blushing: In Color is a pretty good album - I don't think it sounded THAT bad. Live At Buddokan (sic) is classic :D Thanks for the upload!

Here's the story:

I'd love to download this but it would take 15 hours! Ouch!

Back
Top Bottom