Chicago, IL - Civic Opera House (July 9, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

The Queen Is Dead / Suedehead / Alma Matters / Staircase At The University / Ganglord / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Speedway / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Scandinavia / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Yes, I Am Blind / Istanbul / First Of The Gang To Die / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / The Bullfighter Dies / Meat Is Murder / Now My Heart Is Full // What She Said

setlist provided by DrKeith

Last edited:
The queen is dead
Suedehead
Alma matters
Staircase at the university
Ganglord
World peace is none of your business
Speedway
Kiss me a lot
Throwing my arms around Paris
Scandinavia
Everyday is like Sunday
Stop me if you think that you've heard this one before
Yes I am blind
Istanbul
First of the gang to die
I will see you in far off places
The bullfighter dies
Meat is shit (murder)
Now my heart is full

What she said

Rocio Siempre Ch!o ‏@Rc0 · 3 hours ago
#Morrissey at the Lyric Opera House Tonight.
CJg7B3rUEAAQAJk.jpg

Staircase/Ganglord:
https://www.periscope.tv/w/aG8jajMxODE4MTN8MzY5NzM0NzIt_Y6x4hyhTX8_OPEkEiKfH82V1skP82RamK2LOnLOKQ==
(open with Firefox, Chrome or Safari) (expires in 24 hours)

Last edited by a moderator:
The queen is dead
Suedehead
Alma matters
Staircase at the university
Ganglord
World peace is none of your business
Speedway
Kiss me a lot
Throwing my arms around Paris
Scandinavia
Everyday is like Sunday
Stop me if you think that you've heard this one before
Yes I am blind
Istanbul
First of the gang to die
I will see you in far off places
The bullfighter dies
Meat is shit (murder)
Now my heart is full

What she said/rubber ring

excellent show - seemed in very good voice tonight - only a few people attempted to get on the stage during what she said but were stopped quickly.

Opened the show exclaiming "Chicago, Chicago, Chicago..." before going straight into TQID. Don't know if the show was sold out but it looked like it was a full house. The crowd was into most of the show although blank faces on "Scandinavia" and some of the "World Peace..." songs. For the most part, Morrissey sounded good but he did have some problems with the lyrics on "Meat is Murder" and at least one other song. It also looked like he sneezed several times throughout the show. Before the encore, he said "Please forgive me for my happiness and thank you for your lust!" A few attempted to reach the stage but none reached Morrissey. One would-be invader mugged for the crowd while up there, looking like an idiot. Thankfully, the song count was back up to 20 after a couple of shows with 19 songs. Overall, a good show with a good crowd although not at the level of energy as the last show in Chicago.

A lot of energy tonight and the crowd was great. Saw very few open seats near the top. Oddly enough there was an amusing moment during meat is murder. In the beginning of the song around the first verse Morrissey sees something in the crowd and starts cracking up. He then very cutely says stop it.

Pretty strange that he drops Kick The Bride Down The Aisle at the very concerts where his very fans are in attendance to whom it most applies. Guess he adores them being skin deep into his arse so that he not want to alienate them, but that doesn't make them any less some of those nail polishing women who so easily compete with "Kate Middleton", whom the song is supposedly about. Where exactly is the difference between her and those fans. Kate Middleton at least isn't very rude to other people, not that I noticed not paying too much attention to her, which cannot be said about these fans of his. And look how they get exactly what they want with their sneaky bite and get away with strategy.

"Kate Middleton, whom the song is supposedly about"

- Evidence? Or just an uninformed assumption to support your rant...?

"Kate Middleton, whom the song is supposedly about"

- Evidence? Or just an uninformed assumption to support your rant...?

If you haven't paid attention to what he has been saying and pointing out surrounding this song in concert and in interviews, then you yourself should perhaps shut the f*** up. Others are not going to do the research work for you. You don't have to do any research as such, just randomly superficially check on what's happening. We are not your umbrella and bag carriers who grind salt on your dish. Oh, hang on... By the way, I am the one who spoke out about this song during the European tour, trust me, I regret nothing more, especially given those other two songs still being on the setlist instead. And I am the one who originally wrote that there are indeed women like this, when the album originally came out, which led to an interesting twist coming from his homosexual fans, who applied a strategy to this song that they'd never "allow" applied to anything referencing their arsef***s. You know, yes, there are homosexuals who f*** arses, but not all of them, which is why nobody should mention the arsef***s kind of argument.

Pretty strange that he drops Kick The Bride Down The Aisle at the very concerts where his very fans are in attendance to whom it most applies. Guess he adores them being skin deep into his arse so that he not want to alienate them, but that doesn't make them any less some of those nail polishing women who so easily compete with "Kate Middleton", whom the song is supposedly about. Where exactly is the difference between her and those fans. Kate Middleton at least isn't very rude to other people, not that I noticed not paying too much attention to her, which cannot be said about these fans of his. And look how they get exactly what they want with their sneaky bite and get away with strategy.

So with all of those people in attendance how would you know these are the fans to which it most applies? There is no way you would know every single person there and the details of their personal life.

I was at the very front last night touching the stage! Got tons of amazing pix and video! Just can't figure out how to post them from my phone! Still in Chicago, I'll try when we get home.

Also have a piece of his shirt - it was total chaos! The nice girls next to me shared. It smells good :)

If you haven't paid attention to what he has been saying and pointing out surrounding this song in concert and in interviews, then you yourself should perhaps shut the f*** up. Others are not going to do the research work for you. You don't have to do any research as such, just randomly superficially check on what's happening. We are not your umbrella and bag carriers who grind salt on your dish. Oh, hang on... By the way, I am the one who spoke out about this song during the European tour, trust me, I regret nothing more, especially given those other two songs still being on the setlist instead. And I am the one who originally wrote that there are indeed women like this, when the album originally came out, which led to an interesting twist coming from his homosexual fans, who applied a strategy to this song that they'd never "allow" applied to anything referencing their arsef***s. You know, yes, there are homosexuals who f*** arses, but not all of them, which is why nobody should mention the arsef***s kind of argument.

Aha ... Don't know what you are talking about. Just remember Moz saying that the song is about one particular woman and not ALL women, obviously. I don't really give too much credit on everything Moz says because we know by now that he likes to confuse. I, for one, don't believe for one second that Moz would use the beautiful and very personal words "you're that stretch of the beach that the tide doesn't reach", which he originally directed at Linder Sterling, for a song about Kate Middleton. But what do I know?

Was anyone else really affected by all the images of police brutality that were shown during 'Ganglord?' I LOVE that song, but it made it difficult to enjoy it watching scene-after-scene of police officers kicking people in the head. Ugh, some of the police in this country are absolute monsters. The video compilation ended with an evil smile of one particular officer dressed in riot gear. Really freaky stuff...

Even with Morrissey laughing during the first line of Meat Is Murder, it was hard to watch the video for that and Ganglord.

Even with Morrissey laughing during the first line of Meat Is Murder, it was hard to watch the video for that and Ganglord.

That's exactly the point. The videos are meant to be hard to watch. Otherwise there would be no need form them (in Moz' eyes regarding the content of the songs).

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom