Classic Pop: Sparks on Morrissey - "it's saddening, very disheartening"

In a new interview in Classic Pop, the Sparks are asked about Morrissey.
"We love so much of what he's done, to see his stance against humanity seems so contradictory. From his music we thought inclusion would be part of his views. When it comes to us versus them,
Morrissey seems to be on the side of them. It's very disheartening."

Scan posted by Famous when dead:

full

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you realize whats your sound? "no Its never Morrissey-s fault" an endless lonely river of apologies. You are talking about progress ?

Yes - I am talking about progress because I know what's been happening on the left. I've seen the in-fights.

Their new album is masterful bliss. I want to marry it. I can separate the artists from the art. No prob.
I’ve just listened to it this morning as I was taking breakfast, stand out tracks for me where...lawnmower, Stravinskys only hit , left out in the cold, and please don’t f*** up my world.... Alexa has bother understanding my dull, flat northern voice so she couldn’t find several tracks on my play
List... overall it sound good...

Dude - did you ever read the post where our Steve urges everyone to vote for these clowns? Not a single mention of animal rights or halal slaughter.
Just nonsense like this; "For Britain is the bulldog breed that will never surrender". The kind of meaningless crap you'd expect to hear from a deeply unpleasant, politically illiterate, Sun reader.

You clearly haven't because there isn't a post where he doesn't mention some rights clash - the idea that he only focused on Anne Marie - an Irish woman - out of British nationalism is you not paying attention.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you realize whats your sound? "no Its never Morrissey-s fault" an endless lonely river of apologies. You are talking about progress ?
You are wrong, there is no apologies as there's nowt to apologise for, so stick that where the sun don't shine ya weirdo.

Do you really believe that one single person on this planet buys their record just because they criticize Morrissey?
And they were actually being pretty mild in their criticism. It's hardly going to make the news anywhere (other than here).
Fingers crossed, it will help Steve realise what an absolute fool he's been in officially endorsing a far-right party, and finally retract that f***ing statement.

And they were actually being pretty mild in their criticism. It's hardly going to make the news anywhere (other than here).
Fingers crossed, it will help Steve realise what an absolute fool he's been in officially endorsing a far-right party, and finally retract that f***ing statement.
Hahaha...Mr Repeat Himself strikes again!

It's the left who have been bloody fools - ignoring problems & casting out anyone who disagrees as if they were moral monsters.

The abuse heaped on Morrissey is shameful esp as he gave up defending himself after 2 attempts & then just got kicked around in hundreds of tweets & articles.

I'm pretty sure this would bum Morrissey out. Was it just me or did anyone think his longtime Italian PA looked like Ron Mael? Like maybe when the lights were low Morrissey imagined it...

🤒

Moz has never had 8o yrd old Italian assistants who drop can of paints in their har.o_O

🤒

Clairol no 5 is dripping on their hair. 🧐
:lbf:
not blue or red paint, but clairol dark brown and it aint dripping they dunk their wigs in it.:lbf:

Do you really believe that one single person on this planet buys their record just because they criticize Morrissey?
What's that got to do with the intention of an artist to try and sell it

Resorting to an insult, Karen? Not a very good response. Morrissey stands with insular tribalism against a more expansive view of civilized inclusion. It's really not a good look in this day and age, especially coming from the arts.
"Insular tribalism", "civilized inclusion", "good look in this day and age"...

Rethoric.

Where are the substantive arguments?

The irony here is that Morrissey IS compassionate and appears to unwaveringly support the disenfranchised his entire life. He is also cynical. And funny. In terms of the ‘us v them’ argument, the problem is who ‘us’ or ‘them’ are is completely subjective so isn’t useful. For instance, the UK’s metropolitan middle-class would consider ‘us’ as being pro-EU, yet that is also the establishment position. ‘Them’ are the anti-establishment working class. Therefore they believe the working class and poor - and Morrissey by association - are bad and it is virtuous to support the establishment. It couldn’t be more backwards.

It's the left who have been bloody fools - ignoring problems & casting out anyone who disagrees as if they were moral monsters.
The abuse heaped on Morrissey is shameful esp as he gave up defending himself after 2 attempts & then just got kicked around in hundreds of tweets & articles.
It's not shameful at all. His decision to urge decent people (his fans) to vote for a political party that wants to protect the richest people in society by reducing their taxes; spend billions more on military aggression using money saved by no longer helping the world's poorest countries; deny the existence of a climate crisis and end all environmental taxation and; abolish inheritance tax to yet again favour the richest people in society, is absolutely sickening.
He's asked us to support this ghastly band of right-wing clowns. Instead of obeying his orders, we've simply stopped supporting him. We've voted with our feet. 25,000 sales of Low in High School, 6,000 sales of Dog on a Chain. If he retracts his shameful support for a party that wants to protect the most privileged and wealthy people in society, and turn the world into a more dangerous place with a huge increase in military expenditure, many of us (but probably not all) will happily start giving him our money again. The whole sorry episode is just heartbreaking - the new album is his best in years.

Trouble is, for many of us, this supposedly more "expansive view ... in this day and age" doesn't look as expansive as it's cracked up to be . . .

If it genuinely looked more tolerant and caring than the past, I might be convinced.

But we seem to "progress" to a more intolerant, angry, hateful, dog-eat-dog egocentric Capitalist world with every passing year.

(Not to mention soulless, standardised, sterile and utterly dumbed-down.)
Brilliant!

"Retracting a statement" is meaningless. It simply means a person has been forced to deny what he really believes. It's the stuff of Soviet show trials.

Morrissey is just like most other normal English people. He's shocked at the level of mass immigration into his country and can see that it has no benefits for ordinary people, apart from the moneyed the business class who financially benefit from exploiting a steady stream of cheap uncomplaining labour.

Migrants are not brought here for humanitarian or benevolent reasons - it's all about money.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom