Cologne - Palladium (Mar. 9, 2020) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Irish Blood, English Heart / I Wish You Lonely / Jim Jim Falls / At Amber / Morning Starship / Lady Willpower / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Once I Saw The River Clean / If You Don’t Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Back On The Chain Gang / Love Is On Its Way Out / I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Home Is A Question Mark / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / Some Say I Got Devil / Wedding Bell Blues / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // Half A Person / Jack The Ripper

Setlist courtesy of Lars, @Thewlis & Anon

Last edited:

Regards,
FWD.

Btw, now officially all concerts with over 1000 people have to be canceled in Northrhine Westfalia, for an unlimited time. Morrissey yesterday mentioned something like that too, saying that the Cologne gig was the last that got through (or something like that, I can't remember his exact words). So if the Cologne gig would've been today it would've been canceled. So we really had lots of luck it still could take place and was such an amazing show.

Btw, now officially all concerts with over 1000 people have to be canceled in Northrhine Westfalia, for an unlimited time. Morrissey yesterday mentioned something like that too, saying that the Cologne gig was the last that got through (or something like that, I can't remember his exact words). So if the Cologne gig would've been today it would've been canceled. So we really had lots of luck it still could take place and was such an amazing show.
The gods are with him. I need them to stay onside for the rest of the week.

I can add to this most of the songs that were played before the videos started.

It started with some classical music, this was definitely one of the pieces that was played:

Norma Tanega: You're Dead
Kirsty MacColl: You Know It's You
New York Dolls: Vietnamese Baby
Hotlegs: Neanderthal Man
David Bowie: Karma Man
Lou Reed: I Wanna Be Black
Nathan Abshire: Shamrock
Patti Smith: Piss Factory
Ice Cube: Death (Yes, really...)
Ricky Wilde: I Am An Astronaut
Betty Davis: Shut Off The Lights

I might have missed one or two.

Thank YOU soooo much! :thumb: :thumb::)

Last edited:
Thank YOU soooo much! :thumb: :thumb::)

Is it Shamrock instrumental or Waltz?

or ...

Shamrock (Instrumentral)!

I believe he has expressed his love for Nathan Abshire before? And also used this tune in other pre-show tapes.

Very nice idea. There were definitely other tuba-heavy pieces at the beginning, probably from the same "British tuba concertos" album? I'll try to identify them in London on Saturday.

Shamrock (Instrumentral)!

I believe he has expressed his love for Nathan Abshire before? And also used this tune in other pre-show tapes.

:thumb:

Yeah he’s been grooving on the Cajun
since the Arsenal days. Particularly Balfa Brothers and Abshire.

Thanks again!

Yes, I agree with you 100% that we were lucky that the gig happened at all. And I think that most people n the audience, and Morrissey as well, realized it and that's why there was such a celebratory atmosphere yesterday. Some people traveled long distance to attend this short European tour, and know because I met some on the train today (from Cologne to Paris). And for the German in attendance, coming from various parts of the country, they also knew to enjoy live music while they still can.

When Moz came back onstage last night for the encore, he said "To give is the reason we live", he didn't do the Frankie Vally cover with that very same title, but launched into Half A Person instead. But he referred to the joy that live music brings in the lives of people, and possibly to that joy being denied now due to the measures taken in response to the coronavirus epidemy. It was in appropriate thing to say in my opinion. I live in Brussels and I know it is only a matter of time before our government implements similar measures. And we have experienced similar bans on large gatherings before, so I know the feeling of relief and joy when we can finally resume our normal lives.

Energetic??, I wasn’t there, but I doubt it,

Well, everything is relative of course. It's not like 1991 / 1992 anymore of that is what you are referring to. Try to see it in comparison to other, more recent gigs. Morrissey was into the performance last night and I know because I was there.

I must have been very tired after the show last night and my eyes skipped some lines in my notes. I forgot to list after the Candy Darling clip:

Baby Workout by Jackie Wilson

“I’ve got your bag...” (sending a bag back-and-forth) clip from b&w comedy film.

does anyone know the preshow song (not video) that is sung by a powerful female voice like Shirley Bassey or Timi Yuro but in a foreign language (German, I think?)

The concert was great last night. Morrissey had much energy, he was fresh, he looked good, he was chatty, his voice and his mood in top form... Morrissey come back soooon to cologne again, pleeeaaaase!

A lot of the time I never knew who was in the clips. I should have looked on Solo.

Superb. Thank you for posting !

Yes, I agree with you 100% that we were lucky that the gig happened at all. And I think that most people n the audience, and Morrissey as well, realized it and that's why there was such a celebratory atmosphere yesterday. Some people traveled long distance to attend this short European tour, and know because I met some on the train today (from Cologne to Paris). And for the German in attendance, coming from various parts of the country, they also knew to enjoy live music while they still can.

When Moz came back onstage last night for the encore, he said "To give is the reason we live", he didn't do the Frankie Vally cover with that very same title, but launched into Half A Person instead. But he referred to the joy that live music brings in the lives of people, and possibly to that joy being denied now due to the measures taken in response to the coronavirus epidemy. It was in appropriate thing to say in my opinion. I live in Brussels and I know it is only a matter of time before our government implements similar measures. And we have experienced similar bans on large gatherings before, so I know the feeling of relief and joy when we can finally resume our normal lives.

before the encore he gave away one Vinyl-Album und some T-Shirts to the audience and said directly afterwards the „To give is the reason I live“ line, so it had nothing to do with corona.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom