"Cosmic Dancer" b/w "That's Entertainment" vinyl 7" released today (February 19, 2021)

73E2BCA0-9201-4EE6-BED2-10A7EE68EA21-min.png

First mentioned last August and 3 months after the digital release of Cosmic Dancer, today sees the official release date of the double A-side black vinyl.
This release appears to be very widely available with HMV, Mporium, most Amazons & Indies having good stocks.
Amazon & HMV briefly listed the release date as January 29, both revising it shortly thereafter.
It will more than likely chart quite high on the vinyl singles chart based on previous releases.

There is no matrix message on either side of the record.

F3295296-12F1-4065-A4ED-84477B0B0410.jpg
5DDA0BD0-3A92-42AC-81FB-BE2F21C9584A.jpg

(above pics via @AngelosBarry)

Cosmic Dancer is mis-dated as February 6, 1991 (the Kill Uncle Tour didn't start until the end of April, '91).
The actual date of the gig was June 2, 1991 at The Great Western Forum (the venue's name at the time).
This appears to be an error based on the US/UK dating systems and clearly wasn't checked thoroughly.

PXL_20210215_1044252962~2.jpg

The Morrissey Central assertion re: That's Entertainment:
"...The recording is not the aborted version from 1994..."
may well remain a mystery (or perhaps is as erroneous as the dating of Cosmic Dancer).

Update:

That's Entertainment became available on a variety of digital music hosts/shops some time after midnight UK time.
The track appeared on YouTube thereafter too (with comments turned off):

Regards,
FWD.

Related Items:

Andy got a truly shit deal, and settled out of court for a pittance. Poor guy.
The circumstances of that are not for me to share. But they are as hilarious as they are mean.

Allow me to answer your questions.

He is a mega-fan Morrissey obsessive who pretends to hate Moz. Look on YouTube for Mastermind The Smiths & you’ll see who he is.

He comes here cos he is deranged & can’t cut himself off from the man he adores but claims to hate. He clearly enjoys the daily arguments & negative attention he gets.

he is an interesting case, more extreme in his focus compared to the others that obsessively visit here. I don’t think they have ever questioned why they do what they do, maybe they’re afraid to.

he is an interesting case, more extreme in his focus compared to the others that obsessively visit here. I don’t think they have ever questioned why they do what they do, maybe they’re afraid to.
He’s ‘interesting’ because he’s grieving. I’m not sure the other negativity here comes from that position.

He’s ‘interesting’ because he’s grieving. I’m not sure the other negativity here comes from that position.
Grieving? Grieving Moz?

The circumstances of that are not for me to share. But they are as hilarious as they are mean.
He deserved better. I doubt that addiction helped Andy's money matters, either. Joyce gets a payout and Andy ends up bankrupt. I hope Johnny throws a few fivers his way, in any case.

Grieving? Grieving Moz?
It’s I’ll advised for anyone, I think, to invest their identity in a pop star. And if you do, make sure they’re dead—otherwise they’ll kill a piece of you.

I speak as someone who can’t leave the house without an Elvis Presley photograph in my wallet.

He deserved better. I doubt that addiction helped Andy's money matters, either. Joyce gets a payout and Andy ends up bankrupt. I hope Johnny throws a few fivers his way, in any case.
I’m sure he wouldn’t let him starve.

It’s I’ll advised for anyone, I think, to invest their identity in a pop star. And if you do, make sure they’re dead—otherwise they’ll kill a piece of you.

I speak as someone who can’t leave the house without an Elvis Presley photograph in my wallet.
I agree. Not meaning Skinny now, but a lot of 'superfans' come across as very deeply unhappy, empty people. I'm guessing Elvis was a hero of yours?

I agree. Not meaning Skinny now, but a lot of 'superfans' come across as very deeply unhappy, empty people. I'm guessing Elvis was a hero of yours?
Yes. But I’m conscious I idealise him; there is a version of Elvis that is a hero of mine. And George Formby too: my dad was a massive fan of the latter, and saw him live.

When I join the dots, Morrissey was an inevitability—although The Stone Roses were the gateway drug.

They don’t call him CrankFraud for nothing you know.
He completely failed to connect with his audience during lockdown, probably because he can’t get his head around social media and the repulsive thought of posting stuff to the loyal fanbase without financial gain. He’s an absolute 4kin Luddite. There is nothing special about this guy whatsoever apart from the fact that he got away with the gimmick for so long.
The next album will milk his Mother’s death for maximum kerching, mark my words.
The last gig in Leeds was hilarious, as soon as I presented our tickets we were instructed that we’d been upgraded and new tickets were issued to us because he’d FAILED MISERABLY to sell the place out. Black curtains everywhere. The performance that followed was an absolute crock of shite as well. It’s all there in the archives, even the diehards spat their dummies out.
As soon as Boris sets us free I’ll gladly pop down to Beechmount and throw some more cabbages over his gated entrance.
Cheeky BsTard even had a pop at the NHS for his beloved Mother’s death LOL !

One for all and all for one BB. The years and years we put in tearing him a new arsehole has finally paid dividends.
Victory is ours and so, so sweet.

If you ever need to contact me go through Little Benny, he’s registered on here and we can arrange a shindig in Digbeth.

TTFN and Best
(Copy/paste/generic/trendy/buzzwords) “Stay 4kin Safe“ LOL !

Benny

BtBB 🇬🇧🔪
Do you not see the irony in your post?
You’re completely thick, and sadly, your feral children have inherited your rotten genes. The picture of you acting up outside Beechnount, was an awful site. You can tell by that, what sort of house you live in.

I agree with this
My other half is one of several who deem me to be obsessed but in reality, they base their opinion on the number of shows I have attended, the number of records and cds I have and the T-shirt’s I get from shows. The reality is, I don’t think of Morrissey day and night. I don’t post lyrics and pictures about him daily. And nor is his music/opinions the same as mine (that’s just a couple of examples). But I am aware of serval people who have no mind of their own, of me thoughts and they feel in a competition with others to be super fan 1 and/or be noticed by Morrissey or SER. It’s tragic, really.

Do you not see the irony in your post?
You’re completely thick, and sadly, your feral children have inherited your rotten genes. The picture of you acting up outside Beechnount, was an awful site. You can tell by that, what sort of house you live in.
I think your diatribe would have carried more impact had it been in English

Whilst I disagree with much that you say, I was at Wembley 2020 to enjoy Morrissey. Given I’d been there just 12 months before to see 21 Pilots bring the house down (my kid’s a fan) it soon became an exercise in seeing a great artist meeting the limits of his performance style.

It might protect the ego of fans to speak about brilliance, but he was up against it that night—and his problematic response was to sing to and for the first 10 rows of an arena size venue. On one level it was the most interesting Morrissey gig I’ve ever attended—but that was because I saw him confronting a challenge.

Everyone sat near me at Wembley clearly looked alienated, and it felt like that’s what Morrissey was aiming for. I was cognitively engaged, but the only emotions I felt we’re related to fascination rather than fanaticism.

I was thinking if I’d seen anything similar, and The Sex Pistols at Crystal Palace c.2002 came to mind. They’d obviously lost out to The Cure playing Hyde Park (at the same time). But Lydon managed to make everyone believe that his venue was packed to the rafters, and ‘we’ all felt we had won a gold-dust ticket in a Radio One raffle: Tickets were readily available outside, for about a quarter of their face value.

And regarding the inevitable: in 2019 I saw an 84 year old Frankie Valli have 12000 people eating out of his hand. His team had paid attention to every detail of that performance and he looked and sounded like a star in his pomp despite his advancing years.

I returned home from the Morrissey gig £300 lighter. I would now question every aspect of podding out for Morrissey again: Venue, ticket price, nearby boozers, train comfort, likelihood of cancellation. These are questions Morrissey can’t really afford for me to be asking—it means the people sat around me won’t ever be coming back.
It was certainly the second worst Morrissey gig I’ve been to (Leeds was f***ing awful, but that was because of the crowd being full of arseholes). I’d place more of the blame on the looming lockdown for lack of atmosphere.

Agree, people identify and it helps support their identity the story that they tell themselves they are, beliefs etc, just one of the many traps, illusions, ego. Unfortunately, most go through their whole life like this, sometimes it’s not until they’re on their death bed do they then realize that they are not this thing, their stories, their experiences, their family, their profession, that is all just the construct of their imagination. But, that there is something (which is not a thing) deeper inside untouched by ego, untouched by the ‘world’ that points to what we really are.

‘I don’t know anyone that’s happy, do you?’

It’s a rare thing, indeed. Though I guess it’s how one defines what happiness is in general and then for themselves. But yes, it’s human folly
and a true tragedy that we constantly look outside of ourselves
for that person or thing that will make us whole, make us happy.

It is not until we turn our attention inwards in silence without words without thought without world that we begin to see where true peace resides, for peace is the happiness we all hunger for, but it’s there, it’s always been there waiting, it welcomes all.

:)

It was certainly the second worst Morrissey gig I’ve been to (Leeds was f***ing awful, but that was because of the crowd being full of arseholes). I’d place more of the blame on the looming lockdown for lack of atmosphere.
I saw Morrissey’s Leeds 2018 show, the local football contingent made their presence felt at that gig too.

I’d seen him in Leeds before (1999 I think) and it was a great gig—with a fab audience.

I saw Morrissey’s Leeds 2018 show, the local football contingent made their presence felt at that gig too.

I’d seen him in Leeds before (1999 I think) and it was a great gig—with a fab audience.

Just getting through it was an achievement after the hellscape press he got.

He looked petrified.

Cheered up as no one tried to kill him.

Lyn's sounding as if it's the end, but hopefully he'll do a tour of small, quirky venues & get back into the swing of it that way.

Just getting through it was an achievement after the hellscape press he got.

He looked petrified.

Cheered up as no one tried to kill him.

Lyn's sounding as if it's the end, but hopefully he'll do a tour of small, quirky venues & get back into the swing of it that way.
The end? There’s always a Third Act.

I agree with this
My other half is one of several who deem me to be obsessed but in reality, they base their opinion on the number of shows I have attended, the number of records and cds I have and the T-shirt’s I get from shows. The reality is, I don’t think of Morrissey day and night. I don’t post lyrics and pictures about him daily. And nor is his music/opinions the same as mine (that’s just a couple of examples). But I am aware of serval people who have no mind of their own, of me thoughts and they feel in a competition with others to be super fan 1 and/or be noticed by Morrissey or SER. It’s tragic, really.
Preston 2004 (?) was the last time I got feverish at the front. Since then I’ve enjoyed the comfort of seats, and the cooler heads of my neighbours.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom