Could you die for Morrissey?

If it was a case of you or Him, could you make that sacrifice?

Sometimes i have days where listening to his music is the highlight of my day!

He's the only person i've ever fallen in love with.

I could.

comicguypoint.gif

Worst. Thread. Ever.

No seriously... that's kind of weird. I have to say absolutely positively the final answer Regis... is "No"

I'd live for him, but not die for him.

It is true, is what means to give the life for other one
To be here to give her all my love,
Only you want to give samples of fondness and respect, the rest is an obsession

of course NOT!!!! he`s no my father, for god sake i never met him, i don`t know him personally,of course we all like his music and some of us find him attractive but that`s it, he`s just a human some people tend to forget that ,so no i couldn`t die for him,i value my life a lot :)

Last edited:
It is a bit of a worrying question Still Ill...

I have loved the man for 20 years myself, but ultimately I love MY Morrissey (ie the version of him I have concocted for myself through his music) not necessarily the real man. I think it is important to realise the disparity between the two.

Also, I keep saying this, but Morrissey is just a man (and lets face it dears he does have his foibles!). We all think hes the bees knees but he is a person, not a deity and I think he would be more than disturbed to think that people would actually die for him.

The only people I would die for are my children. Even then I'd probably be a bit miffed! :D

It is a bit of a worrying question Still Ill...

I have loved the man for 20 years myself, but ultimately I love MY Morrissey (ie the version of him I have concocted for myself through his music) not necessarily the real man. I think it is important to realise the disparity between the two.

Also, I keep saying this, but Morrissey is just a man (and lets face it dears he does have his foibles!). We all think hes the bees knees but he is a person, not a deity and I think he would be more than disturbed to think that people would actually die for him.

The only people I would die for are my children. Even then I'd probably be a bit miffed! :D

Although we did nearly DIE for the man at Wembley last Christmas didn't we?...that sprint for the stage when they finally opened the doors nearly BLOODY killed us both!:eek:

There've been occasions when I wondered if I was going to die from Morrissey... mainly the Saturday after the Star and Garter.

If it was a case of you or Him, could you make that sacrifice?.

I mean i like HIM (he is my buddy), but he can go 1st, as I am too pretty to die 1st! (sorry to his wife).

Sometimes i have days where listening to his music is the highlight of my day!
He's the only person i've ever fallen in love with.
I could.

you need to get out more mate!

Last edited:
When would this situation ever arise

Phone rings, its morrissey 'Hello there's something we need to discuss, now i have been given two options by mr death, its either me or you. I'd just like to know your thoughts on the matter of your life'

Exactly. This is one of those thought experiments that doesn't lend itself to insight. What's the point, aside from creeping people out?

Is there anybody here who doesn't like the person Morrissey, but only his music?

Thats very interesting...never really considered it before...maybe you should make this into a thread in its own right?:)

Personally I don't think I can separate the man from the music.

Last edited:
Is there anybody here who doesn't like the person Morrissey, but only his music?

Well, I appreciate the general air of misanthropy Moz gives off, but I must say there's a lot not to like about him. The whole "Andy, you have left The Smiths" thing that seems to have been reprised with Kristeen Young; the cutting off of those who dare to offend him... I don't think I'd ever want to be mates with Moz. But then, none of us (as far as I'm aware!) know him, so how do we really know what he's like?

It's a roundabout way of saying it, I know; and I'm certainly "a Morrissey fan", but yeah, when you separate the two, it's the music that I love, not so much the man.

Exactly. This is one of those thought experiments that doesn't lend itself to insight. What's the point, aside from creeping people out?

wow, this thread has actually suprised me in a way. there seems to be quite a few actual "sane" people on here, who can be sane, and a smiths/moz fan at the same time and not think of him as their savior and would not die, kill, or mame for him. wow.

I don't know him from Adam, really. I don't believe that what I do have access to is terribly informative about what he is actually like. I'd probably do some of the things he gets criticized for myself, so who am I to judge?
I don't like dramatic confrontation, either.

Then again, I can be fond of what I do know about him. without having any desire to be his "friend", or to get all frinky about it.

In a near-death situation, I would try to save him, of course, just like I'd try to save anyone, but I wouldn't do it at the expense of killing myself.
I'm sure he feels the same way.

Back
Top Bottom