Covid anxiety

Aspenturaft

I miss performing outside. This covid is killing my mental state. I even read that during this pandemic, a larger than average share of young adults (ages 18-24) report symptoms of anxiety and/or depressive disorder (56%). Compared to all adults, young adults are more likely to report substance use (25% vs. 13%) and suicidal thoughts (26% vs. 11%). This is true as I'm experiencing this and its hard to face this kind of anxiety. I've been reading ways to avoid this depression but, not working. Please help me by sharing your though of what must I do.

I miss performing outside. This covid is killing my mental state. I even read that during this pandemic, a larger than average share of young adults (ages 18-24) report symptoms of anxiety and/or depressive disorder (56%). Compared to all adults, young adults are more likely to report substance use (25% vs. 13%) and suicidal thoughts (26% vs. 11%). This is true as I'm experiencing this and its hard to face this kind of anxiety. I've been reading ways to avoid this depression but, not working. Please help me by sharing your though of what must I do.
Is there anything that can make you laugh? Like a silly movie, for example....

Since there's nothing you yourself can do about the pandemic (except getting vaccinated), distractions are probably the best possible cure. Movies you enjoy - silly one's if you just wanna try to laugh, or serious ones that mirror your mental state (I feel that when I am depressed, I want to indulge in stuff that mirror my state, that helps me). Same with music and books. Also, creativity might be a good idea. Do you write? Paint? Play an instrument? Some people can't produce anything whilst depressed, though.

And, depending on where you live, nature is probably a safe bet. Do you live near a forest etc? Nature can work wonders. It sounds like a cliché, but it's really not.

I'd suggest plenty of diary writing ✍ That's what I've been doing, though the feelings of sadness still come. It helps me get through them.

If you have anyone around you tell them how you feel. Also ask them to help. They can maybe help you reorient your thoughts to the things that help distract or soothe you when you start to feel down

Hey all! Thanks for your responses. I guess I had a bit of breakdown there. Thanks for listening. I watch too much news and it got to my head. Well, nevertheless, this pandemic still su'ks and I hope it ends soon.

I've been thinking doing a live stream to combat the depression I'm facing. Can you give me tips what I should consider? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom