9804E303-ACEF-49B4-9D4B-117D15C0E085.jpeg
023B94A0-9547-44C8-84F2-24B437BDD1CE.jpeg
30015D55-9DA3-4052-AB8F-F156DAA3F4DE.jpeg
9A28A664-9B42-4DD9-A010-0E9EF93C4A82.jpeg
AE91E593-C0BB-45EA-80A2-489F506CD575.jpeg
887C175A-758D-4C44-B881-FDA846E53BF8.jpeg
FF158D79-79E3-4FB2-A2E6-CF26BFB56B8C.jpeg
9BF2537C-9500-4113-8644-6DA4D3D3C3B4.jpeg

I don’t know what I can and can’t say on here, Cos I will turn this into a legal matter if you continue to slander. Roger knows what he’s done, and it’s nothing to do with this item. If you try to f*** me over you get it twice as hard, simple. If anyone gets their comeuppance from me, it’s justified. And anyone that thinks I’d rip someone off, or result to dirty tactics with no reason, clearly doesn’t know me. I’m fair until someone tries it on.

I don’t know what I can and can’t say on here, Cos I will turn this into a legal matter if you continue to slander. Roger knows what he’s done, and it’s nothing to do with this item. If you try to f*** me over you get it twice as hard, simple. If anyone gets their comeuppance from me, it’s justified. And anyone that thinks I’d rip someone off, or result to dirty tactics with no reason, clearly doesn’t know me. I’m fair until someone tries it on.
You’re implying there is some ulterior motive when ithere isn’t. It’s pretty clear Roger just wants the money that is owed to him for the record he sent you. Why don’t you address his main accusation supported by the string of receipts: namely that you did receive the record, but you asked PayPal to refund your payment anyway?

So ordinaryboy86 posts a pic of this rare gem of a record on the very same day it is delivered, then denies having received it? Is there more to this ugly story? Cause this looks cut & dry.

Why don't you return the money?

Are you saying he ripped you off previously, so you ripped him off in revenge? Because you seem to be saying his story is true (& therefore not slander) but you feel justified because of something else.

ordinaryboy86 is implying there’s more to the story when I don’t think there is. why don’t you address the main accusation supported by a string of receipts: you received record but asked for a refund from PayPal anyway?

I’d already paid for this once. Roger listed and sold one on eBay, back end of last year. I always check the recently sold/completed listings, to see if I’ve missed anything, I seen a signed debut had sold in America, I messaged the seller/roger to see if it was still available, if the buyer has paid etc, and to let me know if he’s let down so I can nip in. He said no it’s sold “but I have another” - alarm bells always ring when sellers claim to have “another” copy of a rare item, but I said ok let’s see, he showed me one that was almost identical, the one in question now. It looked so close to the one that’d actually just sold, it legitimately crossed my mind that he was auto-penning them, anyway, I know I’m always covered with PayPal, so I took the risk. He wanted $800 US, was about £650, reasonable enough. Long story short, paid (via goods and services after some deliberating), then the anxious wait ensues, weeks pass, no sign, no response, telling myself to chill, no one likes an anxious buyer, I deal with them a lot, and I found myself acting in a similar way, I opened a case after about 8 weeks, immediately escalated, seller never complied or responded to PayPals request for further information, I got a refund no problem. Fuming but overwhelmed with relief to have my money back. Months pass, surprise surprise , see one pop up on Discogs, in America, I didn’t register at the time or even consider it being the same one from the same seller, but I asked for pics and when the name came up I knew who it was, and it was the exact same copy that I’d paid for months earlier. Albeit a few hundred quid more. Again if you know me, if you follow my pages, you know the graft I put in, the flash sales, the selling in bulk to raise money for better items, a £650 record means selling 20-30 standard singles from my collection, not only was my time wasted, I sold stacks of records from my own collection to fund a record that this guy never even sent me. So f*** him, and anyone judging me without knowing the full picture.

I’d already paid for this once. Roger listed and sold one on eBay, back end of last year. I always check the recently sold/completed listings, to see if I’ve missed anything, I seen a signed debut had sold in America, I messaged the seller/roger to see if it was still available, if the buyer has paid etc, and to let me know if he’s let down so I can nip in. He said no it’s sold “but I have another” - alarm bells always ring when sellers claim to have “another” copy of a rare item, but I said ok let’s see, he showed me one that was almost identical, the one in question now. It looked so close to the one that’d actually just sold, it legitimately crossed my mind that he was auto-penning them, anyway, I know I’m always covered with PayPal, so I took the risk. He wanted $800 US, was about £650, reasonable enough. Long story short, paid (via goods and services after some deliberating), then the anxious wait ensues, weeks pass, no sign, no response, telling myself to chill, no one likes an anxious buyer, I deal with them a lot, and I found myself acting in a similar way, I opened a case after about 8 weeks, immediately escalated, seller never complied or responded to PayPals request for further information, I got a refund no problem. Fuming but overwhelmed with relief to have my money back. Months pass, surprise surprise , see one pop up on Discogs, in America, I didn’t register at the time or even consider it being the same one from the same seller, but I asked for pics and when the name came up I knew who it was, and it was the exact same copy that I’d paid for months earlier. Albeit a few hundred quid more. Again if you know me, if you follow my pages, you know the graft I put in, the flash sales, the selling in bulk to raise money for better items, a £650 record means selling 20-30 standard singles from my collection, not only was my time wasted, I sold stacks of records from my own collection to fund a record that this guy never even sent me. So f*** him, and anyone judging me without knowing the full picture.
That's a lot of money you've ripped him off for. Maybe you two can come to an agreement that you pay two thirds of it back or something, and call it even.

That's a lot of money you've ripped him off for. Maybe you two can come to an agreement that you pay two thirds of it back or something, and call it even.

I’m not responding to this soap opera any more, I’ve gave my side. Like it. Lump it, I don’t care. Unethical, yeah of course, understandable, definitely. I’d say we’re square.

If what you say is true where are the receipts? Where’s the receipt from last year ? Can you post a screenshot ? Can you take screenshots and post the messages you exchanged with Roger then ? He has the receipts. Do you ?

Yet there you were framing it and posting up all over the internet about your new cool rare item.............................

a lot of huffin n puffin from ob86. but nothing of substance, just a bunch of made up nonsense. let me address some of his rambling accusations:

the last time i sold anything on ebay was nine years ago. once i joined discogs there was no going back to eBay. attached are screenshots of my eBay seller feedback (note that none is recent) and my discogs profile.

i’ve never sold a smiths record on ebay. closest ive gotten was selling both of the hoax 7”s and that would’ve been in the late 90s/early 00s.

but just to humor ob86, i ask that he kindly provide screenshots of our eBay messages from last year. because there are none.

also kindly provide screenshots of our paypal transaction for 650pounds from last year. because there was none.

i listed the signed smiths test press on discogs three years ago, admittedly at a high price. i only had the one and discogs was the only platform i listed it on. so it didn’t suddenly “pop up”. it had been sitting there for three years.

34EA9C67-727F-4F56-8A09-FE44D1654B5E.jpeg
49521741-246D-488A-9DE8-B2B0CCC5EBA0.jpeg

I have to laugh at the “they’ll get it back double hard” or words to that effect

Richard, turn it in pal: you’re not capable of throwing a sickie,let alone a punch.

I’m not responding to this soap opera any more, I’ve gave my side. Like it. Lump it, I don’t care. Unethical, yeah of course, understandable, definitely. I’d say we’re square.

I understand you felt messed about, but you didn't lose any money in either transaction & he lost his item.

I understand you felt messed about, but you didn't lose any money in either transaction & he lost his item.
Not only did he not lose any money, he knowingly conned the seller out of it, and then proceeded to parade said item on various boards (these being one of them) as a framed rarity. Certainly he wasn't telling anyone here he felt it was fake. I hope the OP shows all this evidence to paypal and they close his account minimum.

Back
Top Bottom