Cruel World Co-performers, English Beat's Dave Wakeling suggests fans can leave early before Morrissey plays

Dave Wakeling, frontman of English Beat and Co-performer of Cruel World Festival, tells fans they can leave early before Morrissey show....

unnamed (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Cut'n'paste on Twitter too.
FWD.

It seems more likely that people will take a break in the middle of the festival - just after Public Image Ltd performance- to visit the toilets. Well, that's what I would do if I had the privilege of attending this festival.
:dolphin:

Last edited:
Surely a joke; stating the bleeding obvious for the virtue signalling daft—who might claim the festival format presents them with some complicated ethical dilemma?

From what I gather, Morrissey is unlikely to stop the show to plead with detractors to stay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha ha. The English Beat, for white nerds that think reggae is too edgy. The Beat has a HUGE white supremacist fanbase, so Dave is just being oblivious.

Dear Dave: I confess that I will arrive after your set. Put your money where your mouth is. Just boycott the festival and play in front of the usual 48 people at the Balboa Cafe.

I seem to see a pattern here. Anyone that says anything remotely off putting about Morrissey the crowd run to assume it's a horrible statement about Morrissey (the Mozster mentality strikes again!). Dave is not saying anything nasty about Morrissey. He is simply just stating the facts that if you were not going to the festival on principle that Morrissey is playing still come and skip his performance. He is actually just helping to promote the event. No slam on Morrissey.

Yeah, this is a bit of a weird thing for people to get their knickers in a twist over. He's not saying anyone should leave, just encouraging people with reservations to come anyway, and then leave early if they don't like him.

You can go to any of the artists listed when this gig was announced, and everyone's feed has various people moaning about Moz, so it's not surprising some of the bands are doing damage control. As a random example, I just checked Blondie's facebook page regarding this announcement, and here are some comments:

• Would be best if Morrissey wasn't on the bill!
  • Morrisey as the top headliner or involved at all is a buzz kill. He's lost his way. Alt-right. No thanks.
  • The irony of Morrissey headlining a Cruel World Fest is so killing! Mr Far Right grizzling about a cruel world he’s instrumental in creating? Amazed at the bands supporting this.

I seem to see a pattern here. Anyone that says anything remotely off putting about Morrissey the crowd run to assume it's a horrible statement about Morrissey (the Mozster mentality strikes again!). Dave is not saying anything nasty about Morrissey. He is simply just stating the facts that if you were not going to the festival on principle that Morrissey is playing still come and skip his performance. He is actually just helping to promote the event. No slam on Morrissey.

Maybe he thought he was being funny, maybe Morrissey is part of the joke. Who knows. But the truth is Morrissey is a legend for a lot of people worlwide and those words do sound unnecessarily rude to them. Or not necessary at all, because people are smart enough to know what band performance they have to skip and what to do during those idle minutes. Surely for the majority the skipped band won't be Morrissey, the head of the show. The thing is why someone would play in a festival headed by a band he thinks people wouldn't like to listen. That seems quite silly.

I would not be happy if someone on a bill was reinforcing the idea that there was something so awful about one of the artists that the audience could leave before the end.

If they've got objections they shouldn't be involved.

I reckon blood wacker take a piss tit. How is Moz Angeles the hometown of the Brittish Beat or whatever they are called? I reckon this Brit is talking shit about California's Son and claiming Moz Angeles as his hometown? I reckon if California Son hears this, he's gonna go all Hillbilly Jim on his ass. I reckon wtf is it with you foreign Brit people that makes you so loonie...is it all the Burger King you stuff you faces with or letting a ball falling from the sky hit you on the head and calling it a "sport"?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom