Cruel World Co-performers, English Beat's Dave Wakeling suggests fans can leave early before Morrissey plays

Dave Wakeling, frontman of English Beat and Co-performer of Cruel World Festival, tells fans they can leave early before Morrissey show....

unnamed (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
80% of the people at the festival are coming for Morrissey, and 80% of that 80% will be mestizos who don't give one flying f*** about his politics.
Ignoring the racist part of your post... we don't know that "80% of the crowd is there for Morrissey." Have you ever been to a festival? I've been to several where I didn't care at all about the headliner and was there to see other bands on the bill. I think it's a mistake to view all other bands on the bill as support acts for Morrissey.

Last edited:
Personally find that disrespectful to Morrissey and the musicians in his band and I say that as someone who adored the first 3 albums by The Beat.
When he says Morrissey is on last what he really means is that Morrissey is headlining.
Has DW personally vetted the views and opinions of all the others artists on the bill to make sure they align with his ?
Does he have to align with every artist on the bill, or is he allowed to have his own opinion?

Fak Arf.

Pro-tip: The hot-dog cannons will fire up whilst the stage crew preps and Morrissey won’t even leave his dressing room. Another last-minute cancellation. Merch sales will be light, as anyone with the gall to wear a Melvis shirt will risk having the ever-loving shit kicked out of them.

I’m looking forward to this. See you twats there! ;)

o_O

if you google 'simpletons reduced to playing 7-11s' this moroon
group comes up(n)

🇭🇷>:hammer:

If he's just trying to get publicity for his increasingly irrelevant band, mission accomplished. However, there are less obnoxious ways to get attention.

Yeah, this is a bit of a weird thing for people to get their knickers in a twist over. He's not saying anyone should leave, just encouraging people with reservations to come anyway, and then leave early if they don't like him.

You can go to any of the artists listed when this gig was announced, and everyone's feed has various people moaning about Moz, so it's not surprising some of the bands are doing damage control. As a random example, I just checked Blondie's facebook page regarding this announcement, and here are some comments:

• Would be best if Morrissey wasn't on the bill!
  • Morrisey as the top headliner or involved at all is a buzz kill. He's lost his way. Alt-right. No thanks.

• The irony of Morrissey headlining a Cruel World Fest is so killing! Mr Far Right grizzling about a cruel world he’s instrumental in creating?

So Morrissey is some Hitler-God hybrid now ?!!

:laughing::lbf:doh:

• Amazed at the bands supporting this.

Don’t know about ‘supporting’.

They did agree to play, so most of them must be fine with the false accusations and ‘controversy’ surrounding him.

I would not be happy if someone on a bill was reinforcing the idea that there was something so awful about one of the artists that the audience could leave before the end.

Hear hear !

If they've got objections they shouldn't be involved.

Yep.

By playing this festival....

The English Beat are supporting Morrissey and his ‘evil’ views!

:cool:

Surely a joke; stating the bleeding obvious for the virtue signalling daft—who might claim the festival format presents them with some complicated ethical dilemma?

From what I gather, Morrissey is unlikely to stop the show to plead with detractors to stay.
Morrissey is unlikely to take the stage. If he does, he’ll get exactly what he deserves. People aren’t going to leave. They’re going to stay, for the soul purpose of taking care of business. Steve knows it and so do the rest of you sycophants. Not one of you has the balls to show up at this gig. ;)

So Morrissey is some Hitler-God hybrid now ?!!

:laughing::lbf:doh:

Don’t know about ‘supporting’.

They did agree to play, so most of them must be fine with the false accusations and ‘controversy’ surrounding him.
They’d probably just like to play, after a year and a half. …and get paid. They’re also well aware of the fact that he won’t take the stage.

Ignoring the racist part of your post... we don't know that "80% of the crowd are there for Morrissey." Have you ever been to a festival? I've been to several where I didn't care at all about the headliner and was there to see other bands on the bill. I think it's a mistake to view all other bands on the bill as support acts for Morrissey.
Agreed, this festival would have sold out immediately with or without Moz. He did a smart thing though in making his pre-sale the earliest to ensure his fans got tickets.

Agreed, this festival would have sold out immediately with or without Moz.

but it would have been a smaller turn out. And so not a second day added.

He has a large fan base in California, not counting those that are willing to travel from far off places just to see him. The festival organizers knew he would be a huge draw, another reason why he’s headlining.
He did a smart thing though in making his pre-sale the earliest to ensure his fans got tickets.

I wonder.

80% of the people at the festival are coming for Morrissey, and 80% of that 80% will be mestizos who don't give one flying f*** about his politics.
Even if that is true, that still means there could be up to 20% of the audience there who can't stand him and will be potentially hurling sausages etc at the stage. Hopefully they do a bag search before the meat products start flying. 🌭🌭🌭

They’d probably just like to play, after a year and a half. …and get paid. They’re also well aware of the fact that he won’t take the stage.

the fact that who won’t take the stage ?

Back
Top Bottom