David Bowie & Morrissey: "Cosmic Dancer (Live)" digital single & YT audio released today (November 13, 2020)

cosmic_dancer_live_tn.jpg

Today (his Mother's birthday), sees the first track from the Central-asserted single release.
There is currently no sign of the B-side or the upgraded Tim Broad video.
Should they appear later - see this thread for updates.
First appearing in Japan via YouTube and Amazon, the 'single' is now available for purchase in the UK and the audio is on YouTube.
Also via Amazon France, Germany and Italy etc. - although the US site isn't listing it currently.
It is also on Spotify and other services will undoubtedly follow.

The live video appeared later in the day:

Regards,
FWD.

Posted by GirlAfraidWillNeverLearn:

7" single now available for pre-order on MPorium UK and EU.

full

Related items:

Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
'Officially' listed as shot on "6th February 1991"..? doh:

And odd that this would appear to be the only footage available, even though we can see a second camera shooting on the opposite side of the stage.

Very anecdotally on my part: after discussion with Adam May re: Wolverhampton footage from the Broad estate, I was lead to believe it was all a bit unorganised and unlabelled after he died. No critique of Tim or family - just what I was told, so guessing it isn't as straightforward as assumed (assuming it still exists at all).
Regards,
FWD.

Picadilly records state release date 20th november ‘20. Is it a misprint?

This is only worthwhile as a historical curiosity. It's not very good, is it?

Any idea where or when this allegedly new version of That's Entertainment is being made available digitally on streaming services?

The date indicated on the YouTube video is obviously incorrect. Surprised that the Morrissey Official Channel can make such a bad mistake. The actual date is 2nd June 1991.

Rubbish audio and cover photo. Bowie’s estate shouldhave never allowed this release to see the day.

It makes me smile knowing that Bowie laughed at Moz for his criticism of Bowie eating cold cuts.

God bless the eternal and superior David Bowie.

May Moz burn in Hell soon, forever separated from his mother.

Love Morrissey.
Love Bowie.
f***ing Garbage.
Facts.

Is the only other double A-side Morrissey has released Redondo Beach/There Is A Light That Never Goes Out other than this one?

Rubbish audio and cover photo. Bowie’s estate shouldhave never allowed this release to see the day.

It makes me smile knowing that Bowie laughed at Moz for his criticism of Bowie eating cold cuts.

God bless the eternal and superior David Bowie.

May Moz burn in Hell soon, forever separated from his mother.
It looks like you have been permanently separated from your only other remaining brain cell....

Of course you’ll never understand this being a super fan of the greatest rip off merchant in British musical history ever....

Yes the LATE, not so great , Britain’s greatest Paedophile since Gary glitter.....
The one the only Davy Jones....
The singer of all time classics like the laughing gnome..........

To conclude...... Bowie is dead....
morrissey alive.... bitch

This is just terrible and indeed sounds like a bootleg. The audience is far too loud for an officially released song. It must have been great to witness live but on vinyl...not so much.

Bowie IS a good singer, but the song clearly doesn’t suit his type of voice, and the live track was clearly not originally intended for any kind of release when recorded.
Its just a cash grab from parlaphone, sweeping up any soundboard cuttings they can find on the floor...

Bowie IS a good singer, but the song clearly doesn’t suit his type of voice, and the live track was clearly not originally intended for any kind of release when recorded.
Its just a cash grab from parlaphone, sweeping up any soundboard cuttings they can find on the floor...
Quite right, it does sound like Bowie has smoked 20 benson and hedges, had 15 hot knives , and drank the best part of a bottle of JD .... just before lunch

Yes I do remember this now. A pleasant artifact from the ill-fated Morrissey/Bowie tour. As it happened, Morrissey left the tour halfway through because he simply had "f***ing enough" of Bowie's conceitedness.
Nah, this occurred on the Kill Uncle tour in 1991 in California...

í've now seen multiple retail sites list the date of the live recording as 6th February 1991 {the week before the release of "Our Frank"?}, so í am assuming this is from an 'official' PR {plus the surreal guff about "That's Entertainment" not being the 'commonly circulated version from 1993'}.

í mean í know it doesn't matter a whit in the grand scheme of current shit, but...FFS!

í truly wouldn't be surprised if it ends up printed on the sleeve notes.

Morrissey must be one of the most shambolically archived pop stars ever.

According to this rear sleeve image, there are scant details on anything. More space is given to the Tintoretto credit for 'The Supermen' quote than anything for the recorded noise

Artwork by Esteban & Evans...for larger ladies of Spain everywhere ~

Morrissey Bowie Cosmic Dancer.jpg

Last edited:
í've now seen multiple retail sites list the date of the live recording as 6th February 1991 {the week before the release of "Our Frank"?}, so í am assuming this is from an 'official' PR {plus the surreal guff about "That's Entertainment" not being the 'commonly circulated version from 1993'}.

í mean í know it doesn't matter a whit in the grand scheme of current shit, but...FFS!

í truly wouldn't be surprised if it ends up printed on the sleeve notes.

Morrissey must be one of the most shambolically archived pop stars ever.

My OCD has been raging ever since I saw the video tag yesterday and several record stores advertising the single using the same info.

Almost as bad as the stubbornly repeated misinformation that Fantastic Bird was recorded during the Southpaw Grammar sessions...

They've also copy-pasted the Bolan lyrics in the description of the video...

My OCD has been raging ever since I saw the video tag yesterday and several record stores advertising the single using the same info.

Almost as bad as the stubbornly repeated misinformation that Fantastic Bird was recorded during the Southpaw Grammar sessions...

They've also copy-pasted the Bolan lyrics in the description of the video...

í empathise with your rage.

And í respect your cherry.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom