@davidt you are full of shit

Vegan.Cro is not a ranting lunatic. (I took the words of Peppermint but this post is not specially for her/him).

Even if it’s only a metaphor (used in French as well, and I understood it as you all did), the aggressiveness of Vegan.Cro shows a hyper-sensitivity to the act of killing, to the consciousness of the next death and to the relentlessness after death. Everybody can see the dead body of a horse. Vegan.Cro sees beyond the corpse of a moral being : death given by someone, consciousness of dying, death in suffering and relentlessly after death (imagine the few seconds during which there is no brain death yet).

I know, it's not even a photography, not even a hyper-realistic drawing, just a picture, just a metaphor. That's why after the first few seconds of shock, I didn't feel the need to talk because I understood that Peter really gave his opinion through this metaphor; his purpose was not to shock.

Even if the text would have been written in place of the drawing, I’m sure that Vegan.Cro would have had the same reaction. He needed to shout (and that’s what he did) that he was outraged : his antispeciesist beliefs outweigh the profound meaning of the picture and the vision of death, the ultimate prejudice, outtakes the metaphor. And it was so violent for him that he became aggressive towards David. Aggressive because deeply offended by a post. Aggressiveness that he turned to David in this thread and in this thread only, not elsewhere.

It would be sad if the personality of Vegan.Cro was judged because of a big anger and that he is banned even if his words "Davidt you are full of shit" are not righteous.

Voilà. Parfois on pète les plombs. To freak sometimes can happen to everyone.

Vegan.Cro is not a ranting lunatic. (I took the words of Peppermint but this post is not specially for her/him).

Even if it’s only a metaphor (used in French as well, and I understood it as you all did), the aggressiveness of Vegan.Cro shows a hyper-sensitivity to the act of killing, to the consciousness of the next death and to the relentlessness after death. Everybody can see the dead body of a horse. Vegan.Cro sees beyond the corpse of a moral being : death given by someone, consciousness of dying, death in suffering and relentlessly after death (imagine the few seconds during which there is no brain death yet).

I know, it's not even a photography, not even a hyper-realistic drawing, just a picture, just a metaphor. That's why after the first few seconds of shock, I didn't feel the need to talk because I understood that Peter really gave his opinion through this metaphor; his purpose was not to shock.

Even if the text would have been written in place of the drawing, I’m sure that Vegan.Cro would have had the same reaction. He needed to shout (and that’s what he did) that he was outraged : his antispeciesist beliefs outweigh the profound meaning of the picture and the vision of death, the ultimate prejudice, outtakes the metaphor. And it was so violent for him that he became aggressive towards David. Aggressive because deeply offended by a post. Aggressiveness that he turned to David in this thread and in this thread only, not elsewhere.

It would be sad if the personality of Vegan.Cro was judged because of a big anger and that he is banned even if his words "Davidt you are full of shit" are not righteous.

Voilà. Parfois on pète les plombs. To freak sometimes can happen to everyone.
You talk in definitives with an insight in to something you can not ever fully know to be correct. The 'aggression' at David was unfair as it was attributed to a conscious act on his behalf and that has been proven not to be (see the valentine's event on the front page for details). Grown adults can communicate to a diverse group of people (even when impassioned) without being ridiculously heated, rude, accusatory et al. There have been many, many posts on this forum that go beyond a pictorial idiom - with far less 'sensitivity' shown by many grown, functional adults. Unfortunately, by sounding like an apologist you only let people see that you potentially have concrete, non-critical thinking. You do not know that person's internal workings and can only offer an opinion. It is equally plausible that it was insane ranting. Being able to consider both possibilities and adapt your view is the most sophisticated, adult way to present yourself to strangers - which is sadly lacking here often.
Regards,
FWD.

The various peoples of the non-anglophone world have not performed well in this thread.

To freak sometimes can happen to everyone.
I agree, Nathalie, it can. But he was aggressively pursuing the argument and relentlessly trolling me and others for three days - that's not a spontaneous 'freak'. The vile, crazy things he was saying about David were out of order. I agree with FWD that you cannot possibly know his motivation and it's not for you to offer up excuses. I do find, on internet forums and also in the real world, that when a lot of people all have the same reaction to someone's behaviour they are usually not wrong.

Countthree, can I ask, am I right in thinking English is not your first language? And if it isn't, are you familiar with the phrase 'flogging a dead horse'? I am just curious because I wonder if that is causing some of the upset. To me it's so familiar that I didn't 'read' the picture, I read the meaning behind it, and found it amusing. I'm pretty sure it will be the same for others. But perhaps if you're not familiar with the idiom it might at first look shocking. Just wondering.

It's pretty obvious I'm not a native English speaker, but I knew the phrase. Anyway, I think the image is not appropriate, especially in this site.
There are a lot of popular phrases that denigrate women and other people based on their skin tone and they are equally inappropriate. Uncleskinny would have junped with the world racism. I would have said it's about human rights.
Animals have rights, too. Why is it so difficult to understand torturing animals is not a matter suitable for a joke? Even if you are not vegan, the idea of joking about animal suffering is cruel. And no, I don't agree with jokes or cartons about bulls attacking people, but I understand the statement because those bulls where reacting to a previous attack and the idea is to denounce a situation of cultural abuse.
In the same way that I don't like wars but I understand something had to be done against Hitler, or that I don't like coups d'etat but I understand that's the only exit to Venezuela, where people are literally eating each other.

It's pretty obvious I'm not a native English speaker, but I knew the phrase. Anyway, I think the image is not appropriate, especially in this site.
There are a lot of popular phrases that denigrate women and other people based on their skin tone and they are equally inappropriate. Uncleskinny would have junped with the world racism. I would have said it's about human rights.
Animals have rights, too. Why is it so difficult to understand torturing animals is not a matter suitable for a joke? Even if you are not vegan, the idea of joking about animal suffering is cruel. And no, I don't agree with jokes or cartons about bulls attacking people, but I understand the statement because those bulls where reacting to a previous attack and the idea is to denounce a situation of cultural abuse.
In the same way that I don't like wars but I understand something had to be done against Hitler, or that I don't like coups d'etat but I understand that's the only exit to Venezuela, where people are literally eating each other.

What about Morrissey's line "I got confused I killed a horse" which is pretty damn funny?

Okay, thanks for explaining. It wasn't that obvious to me as I'm a fairly new member. I feel differently but then my experiences, language and culture are different to yours.

Oh 12", this is my favourite Father Ted bit ever! Although I do also love 'Small/Far Away'. And anything with Mrs Doyle, obviously.

Oh yes, Mrs Doyle. There are so many great Father Ted moments. I love "I hear you're a racist now, father", but "Feck off, cup!" has got to be my favourite.

Oh yes, Mrs Doyle. There are so many great Father Ted moments. I love "I hear you're a racist now, father", but "Feck off, cup!" has got to be my favourite.
It's that look of Dougal's that gets me. The not-quite-right-in-the-head, glassy-eyed one - I don't know how they all kept a straight face when they were filming it. Tell me, though, 12", where are you from? I had a feeling you weren't British/Irish but I didn't think that humour would travel, which intrigues me. Unless of course you're Catholic :)

Best of luck with that. And don't worry, I sort of think this thread was doomed from the start. You could put your shopping list here.

Thanks Truth!
Just amazed a thread like that doesn’t already exist here or maybe I didn’t search good enough?

Maybe if someone could make the shopping list thread but how to make it relevant to the subject of this site I don’t know but it could be entertaining, don’t you think so too? :thumb:

Chappess. And thank you, but I'm sure I am as boring as most people :)

You don’t have a say in that Pep!
To be as boring as nost people could be an accomplishment in itself and therefore not boring at all.

But I really like your post and the hopeful and positive effects it had.
That NOT everything is lost and even youngsters who have to deal with a drab and colourless world have a possibility to experience some light and pleasure in their lives by doing something they sure can be proud of.
Even if they have to give it everything they got.

Cause it only has an impact on them as they experience some sort of revenue if they put all effort in it.
If you get things for free, or very easy, what kind of worth or value can it have for you anyway?

You don’t have a say in that Pep!
To be as boring as nost people could be an accomplishment in itself and therefore not boring at all.

But I really like your post and the hopeful and positive effects it had.
That NOT everything is lost and even youngsters who have to deal with a drab and colourless world have a possibility to experience some light and pleasure in their lives by doing something they sure can be proud of.
Even if they have to give it everything they got.

Cause it only has an impact on them as they experience some sort of revenue if they put all effort in it.
If you get things for free, or very easy, what kind of worth or value can it have for you anyway?
Ah, Q, you are so right. Actually, you've hit the nail on the head because the way that scheme worked, the communities were only ever given half the money to buy their land. They had to raise the rest themselves, and because of that it meant so much more. They had to work together and talk to each other! Everybody felt like they had a stake in it, and they were all so proud of their greens - there was hardly ever any vandalism. It was only a little scheme but it did so much good.

Ah, Q, you are so right. Actually, you've hit the nail on the head because the way that scheme worked, the communities were only ever given half the money to buy their land. They had to raise the rest themselves, and because of that it meant so much more. They had to work together and talk to each other! Everybody felt like they had a stake in it, and they were all so proud of their greens - there was hardly ever any vandalism. It was only a little scheme but it did so much good.

I think it is f***ing great you felt the need and had the ambition to give it everything YOU got as well.

I realise it is very difficult to accomplish anything at all as people are different and not always are willing to put there own interests aside and all going united for the goal they want to achieve.

I hope your experience will give you enough tools and options to do what you want to do in the future!

I think it is f***ing great you felt the need and had the ambition to give it everything YOU got as well.

I realise it is very difficult to accomplish anything at all as people are different and not always are willing to put there own interests aside and all going united for the goal they want to achieve.

I hope your experience will give you enough tools and options to do what you want to do in the future!
Well, I can't take the credit, it wasn't my scheme, I was only a small cog :) But thank you for your nice words.

Back
Top Bottom