Dear God, Please Help Me

Dear God, Please Help Me

• Yay

Votes: 54 75.0%
  • Nay

Votes: 18 25.0%

• Total voters

dazzak

Just had a conversation about this with someone in real life (it was amazing, we looked at each other and everything) and was wondering where the fans lie.

I adore it, I think its beautiful. I felt at first that the "explosive kegs" and "spreading your legs" jarred a little at first but within a few listens it was just perfect. I love the strings, and my 6 year old sings along. He said isnt morrissey's voice lovely when he sings I am walking through rome. My mother rang me to ask if that Rome song Morrissey does is called is the heart still free :D so to conclude my ramble i think it can appeal to all sorts of people.

Definitively yay. I always dreamed listening to morrissey saying: Now I'm spreading your legs with mine in-between :p

I'm really just waiting for someone to vote "nay" and explain themselves so I can attack them with pre-planned, extensively researched and concise responses.

dazzak said:
I'm really just waiting for someone to vote "nay" and explain themselves so I can attack them with pre-planned, extensively researched and concise responses.

ok. i cringe at the more controversial lines, probably because they're so personal, yet they've been hammered to death that you can't even hear them for what they are.

also, i think he's forcing his voice to sing higher than where he sounds better at.

Suzanne said:
ok. i cringe at the more controversial lines, probably because they're so personal, yet they've been hammered to death that you can't even hear them for what they are.

also, i think he's forcing his voice to sing higher than where he sounds better at.
You're stupid.

dazzak said:
You're stupid.

ah, i see you've been researching Freeyourself's old posts for clues on how to argue with carefully researched and concise language! :D

Suzanne said:
ah, i see you've been researching Freeyourself's old posts for clues on how to argue with carefully researched and concise language! :D
I bet you're fat too. Fatty.

dazzak said:
I bet you're fat too. Fatty.

i carry my spare weight in the areas that men appreciate!

sorry. i thought i was writing a rap song for a second.

I love this song more than Seasick, Yet Still Docked. That's right, I went there.

vicarinatutugal said:
my 6 year old sings along. He said isnt morrissey's voice lovely when he sings I am walking through rome. My mother rang me to ask if that Rome song Morrissey does is called is the heart still free :D
That is so sweet!
:)
And yes, the song is utter brilliance!

It's bloody brilliant. The 'explicit' lyrics work brilliantly, as they are initially so disarming they make you want to laugh out loud, but the song is so beautiful and passionately sung by Moz that it's impossible not to take it seriously.
I couldn't give a flying f*** if Morrissey is gay or straight, or what people choose to read into the lyrics: this song is brilliant.

One oddity about the song however is so much was hyped about Ennio Morricone's strings for this track: now I know the guy is a legend, and the strings here are very nice, but they are very minor background incidental stuff aren't they?

Defintely Yay!!!:eek: First time I listened to it, few seconds into the song, huuugeee shivers down my spine....And yes, however one wants to interpret the lyrics, listening to the whole 'kegs-spreading-HE/motions-HIS/legs' business it is all a bit much to take in one go (just jealous clearly):(

It's so beautiful it almost hurts......
I believe in freedom of speech and ideas, bla bla bla, but honestly those people who don't like it shouldn't be around.... They definetly didn't understand a thing.
no doubt a yey yey yey.:D

Sir Alec said:
I love this song more than Seasick, Yet Still Docked. That's right, I went there.
Oh no you di'ENT!?#! *shakes head w/ funky attitude* :mad:

Back
Top Bottom