Describe how Morrissey came

Scarlet1987

The sanest days are mad
into your life.

Last edited:
Stupid twat.

You live a lie.

Er........In 1995 I went to see Bowie at Wembley Arena and a certain Morrissey was the support. Well, Bowie was my hero but was upstaged by Moz and his incredible charisma. I had a new hero from that day.

I was listening to the radio (3RRR community radio).
It was about 1986 and I heard This Charming Man by The Smiths.
I'm not sure that Morrissey was actually coming when he sang
that, but, heh heh.:blushing:

i love dave, but what the hell is going on here

sorry... I was just typing and that happened.

real answer:

Morrissey first got my attention because I read rock magazines when I was a little kid, and he was in them giving really smart and funny interviews. I read quite a few of them before I happened to be at the Wherehouse one day and there was a cassette for a new Smiths record, Strangeways. Once I bought that and thought it was great I got The Smiths, and then over the next few weeks I bought all the Smiths cassettes I could find.

That might be why it's always been about Morrissey to me, even though the music is great. I was a fan of his interviews first.

....Well, back in the day, I was a friend of Johnny Marrs, and he asked me to write some lyrics to go with his Guitar Noodlings...but Morrissey pulled me aside, and Battered me, and stole all my poems......I Have the PROOF...but nobody will believe me....and he came buckets ( Cheers Dave!!! great response above!!!) as he was putting the "boot" in....
(....Sweet and tender.....ermm....nope, ...forget how I wrote it now.....Bloody migraines......).

Last edited:
I first saw Morrissey on the 'Late Late Show' with Craig Kilborn back in 2004. I didn't know that it was Morrissey, but the song " I Have Forgiven Jesus" was burned into my conciousness. I "rediscovered" Morrissey in 2006 through my knowledge of the Smiths. The first song that really impacted me was "Everyday is Like Sunday". And he has been "singing my life" ever since.

I was a silly 18 year old, as opposed to the silly 35 year old I am now. I bought The Smiths best of. Heaven Knows and The Headmaster Ritual just hit me. I think listening to Danny Baker got me into liking a few of the songs. Anyway, after liking a couple of songs, and then realising he was singing my life, I then bought every album I could find. It was quite near christmas too, so I asked my parents to buy me the severed alliance, which I devoured in a day. I remember after that my mum hated him, and my dad liked him - after playing The Smiths/Mozz a lot. Life begun then, be it good or not.

My friend had a spare ticket to see the M.E.N 50th Birthday show, so I took it. In the week before attending I asked her to recommend some albums to get me acquainted....so I listened to Your Arsenal & Vauxhall....and that, as they say, was it. The concert was great but the aftershow at The Brickhouse was phenomenal...Unfortunately me and the friend are no longer chums. Her choice. I owe her a lot. Hope she sees this.

Drew....hello....you know me! Boh!!!

I saw the video for 'Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before' on one of the music channels.....then I was hooked.

That's what got me as well. I think I saw it on The Chart Show when I was about 11. I wasn't overly impressed then but something struck a chord with me and a couple of years later I borrowed Viva Hate from Dorking library and have been clinically depressed ever since. :)

I don't know why some people are upset: I've always found Sandie a bit dodgy with her "Girl don't come." And Nick, with his "Betty came by her own way". Bit naughty too, if you ask me.
Scarlet, on the other hand, is just asking a polite question.:thumb:

In the architecture program at my University back in the day...of course :rolleyes:
It was only right...

Back
Top Bottom