Morrissey Central "DID YOU SEE THE SAD RICH HUNTING DOWN, SHOOTING DOWN ELEPHANTS AND LIONS?" (June 12, 2020)

FWD.

In regards to these posts,

Is it really so strange to be informative?

No - it's just the website itself has no clear focus or direction.

Having said that, the whole of celebrity Twitter appears to have gone on fire so treading water right now isn't a bad thing.

Having said that, the whole of celebrity Twitter appears to have gone on fire so treading water right now isn't a bad thing.

Morrissey/Sam

is the direction and focus.

He will inform everyone, even if they don’t agree with him.

Everybody’s ....

Just the other day there were people in this space comparing Morrissey to Trump.
These posts on Central show they couldn't be more wrong. While Trump doesn't care about animals' lives at all, Morrissey's done everything he can to protect them.

?
WTF??????????????:eek:
what does 'the whole of celebrity twitter appears to have GONE ON FIRE:crazy:
so TREADING WATER:drama:
right now isnt a bad thing'.:(

it makes sense WTF does it even mean please explain:straightface:

Can you even imagine if Morrissey tried to write something like JK Rowling did the other day, her long essay thing? (Not that he would, as it's not his style to explain himself.)

Although having said that, this passage in particular did remind me of Rowling's (apparent) 80s Smiths fandom:

"When I read about the theory of gender identity, I remember how mentally sexless I felt in youth. I remember Colette’s description of herself as a ‘mental hermaphrodite’ and Simone de Beauvoir’s words: ‘It is perfectly natural for the future woman to feel indignant at the limitations posed upon her by her sex. The real question is not why she should reject them: the problem is rather to understand why she accepts them.’

As I didn’t have a realistic possibility of becoming a man back in the 1980s, it had to be books and music that got me through both my mental health issues and the sexualised scrutiny and judgement that sets so many girls to war against their bodies in their teens. Fortunately for me, I found my own sense of otherness, and my ambivalence about being a woman, reflected in the work of female writers and musicians who reassured me that, in spite of everything a sexist world tries to throw at the female-bodied, it’s fine not to feel pink, frilly and compliant inside your own head; it’s OK to feel confused, dark, both sexual and non-sexual, unsure of what or who you are."

Hilarious looking at Farage tweeting. Loads of miserable has-beens insulting him, a-la Skinny. They choose to follow him! If you don’t like it , turn off. The reality is they hang on every word. And to think that the subject actually reads them...

I don't know who this Duncan guy is but he actually thinks Trump is trying to start a race war

John Cleese is awesome
made a film called moon and slagged M off years ago.

Can you even imagine if Morrissey tried to write something like JK Rowling did the other day, her long essay thing? (Not that he would, as it's not his style to explain himself.)

Although having said that, this passage in particular did remind me of Rowling's (apparent) 80s Smiths fandom:

"When I read about the theory of gender identity, I remember how mentally sexless I felt in youth. I remember Colette’s description of herself as a ‘mental hermaphrodite’ and Simone de Beauvoir’s words: ‘It is perfectly natural for the future woman to feel indignant at the limitations posed upon her by her sex. The real question is not why she should reject them: the problem is rather to understand why she accepts them.’

As I didn’t have a realistic possibility of becoming a man back in the 1980s, it had to be books and music that got me through both my mental health issues and the sexualised scrutiny and judgement that sets so many girls to war against their bodies in their teens. Fortunately for me, I found my own sense of otherness, and my ambivalence about being a woman, reflected in the work of female writers and musicians who reassured me that, in spite of everything a sexist world tries to throw at the female-bodied, it’s fine not to feel pink, frilly and compliant inside your own head; it’s OK to feel confused, dark, both sexual and non-sexual, unsure of what or who you are."

I actually woke up relieved I was a Moz fan for once. Poor Jo.

She does love The Smiths!

Ice Cube has gone full World Jewish Conspiracy Plandemic after everyone was madly liking his BLM tweets. If everyone goes nuts Moz might start looking vaguely normal.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom