do you appreciate music more when your under the influence?

I do, too. I appreciate everything more when under the influence. I think that's kind of the point of putting oneself under said influence.

...I went through a self-pitying phase a few years ago, which I used to call "Blue monday" ( because I somehow always got a bit down on that day..) and used to regularly tank myself up on cider, and play loads of old tunes/videos that made me even more depressed.....I sort of enjoyed doing it, in my own strange way....I don't bother anymore, as I seem to have snapped out of it.....

I will say it's hard as f*** to play "Barbarism Begins At Home" correctly on the guitar when you're drunk. But that's about the depth of my experience.

Not more, only differently.

I really do like those eureka moments that come with certain substances. Substances which make metaphors a lot clearer and allow for more abstract or objective thought and analysis. I like finding new meanings in lyrics I've heard hundreds of times before.

I'm not sure what 'influence' we're talking of here. But the 'influence' under which I often find myself after a hard days work certainly enhances my appreciation of music.

I remember getting very stoned one night and playing the drums to Bournemouth Runner by The Fall, I felt like I was drumming for about half an hour just on one song, it was f***ing ace!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom