Does Anybody know why the Grimsby Date has been changed to the 28th?

• Thread starter idontoweyouanything
  • Start date
With a bit of luck the ferry carrying you to Dunoon will sink like a stone. When your grieving relatives (though i suspect they may be glad to see the back of you) recover your body the ferry company can justly say "well he can't complain, he knew the risk when he got on the boat".

Sound fair?

Well Your just a horrible prick then aren't you. It's easy to say that behind a keyboard but I doubt you'd say that to my face or anyone else's face. Does Morrissey really need "fans" like you....NO! f*** off back under the stone you came from, this place is a fan site, it seems you've only signed up to have a pop at him, which is a bit sad really.

Exactly.If some want to vast distances for just over an hours gig at risk of cancellation then more fool them.Its tough shit

I do feel sorry for people who have lost out on money but there's no point complaining, its happened and thats it. They should get over it.

I do feel sorry for people who have lost out on money but there's no point complaining, its happened and thats it. They should get over it.

It's not really fair though is it? He's messed his fans about in favour of money and the media spotlight. It's not even about the money people have lost, it's about having the decency to honour original arrangements. The Glastonbury dates have been public for quite some time, why didn't he leave a gap in his touring schedule?

apparently the eavis family have more powers than vincent. but who arranged the tour has nos not.

It's not really fair though is it? He's messed his fans about in favour of money and the media spotlight. It's not even about the money people have lost, it's about having the decency to honour original arrangements. The Glastonbury dates have been public for quite some time, why didn't he leave a gap in his touring schedule?

Is anything ever fair? Like I've said, it's happened, Morrissey has made his decision so we all have to like it or lump it. People who are moaning will probably still go to the re-arranged gig, still go to other dates on the tour and future tours....a bit hypocritical if you ask me. Why don't they think of people a bit worst off than themselves for a change? I had the disappointment of the roundhouse a few years back, on the way back to the hotel me and my mate were discussing the money we'd lost, but then got chatting to a couple from america, suddenly our few quid wasted seemed irrelevant compared to theirs.

First of all Morrissey won't tour as much or perhaps not at all if people didn't travel to see him several times. His fanbase simply isn't big enough.
I have travelled all over the UK to see him on the last two tours. I understand that is my choice, he has cancelled on me several times due to illness which I have never had a problem with, although I have been disappointed.
But this is unacceptable. He's messing everyone around just he can make a few extra bob. It's not just people who travel who are affected by this. People who live a lot closer may have had to make arrangements for trains, time off work etc. If I had made no arrangements thus far I would still be angry obviously there’s no real regard for the date or whoever was attending.
It’s simply quite rude you wouldn’t make arrangements with a friend and then rearrange it because someone who liked better wants to see you.
If he thought he was going to be asked for Glastonbury why didn't he keep those dates free or play on the Sunday night?

Look, the obvious logical thing you are suggesting is NOT to ever buy tickets if you don't want a chance of being treated with no consideration. It's true that this is the usual routine with Morrissey but there's no good reason for it. That's the issue. He did play several places in 2007 that I could attend and the places he picked to play were great and he made all the dates. I even thought about how I'd enjoy the time even if he didn't show up. But your position is ridiculous. Most people that cancel as many shows as Morrissey does get the same reputation he has. Let them vent without adding insult to injury. They have a right to feel cheated.

I agree with all of this. :)

Is anything ever fair? Like I've said, it's happened, Morrissey has made his decision so we all have to like it or lump it. People who are moaning will probably still go to the re-arranged gig, still go to other dates on the tour and future tours....a bit hypocritical if you ask me. Why don't they think of people a bit worst off than themselves for a change? I had the disappointment of the roundhouse a few years back, on the way back to the hotel me and my mate were discussing the money we'd lost, but then got chatting to a couple from america, suddenly our few quid wasted seemed irrelevant compared to theirs.

Why is it hypocritical? Why are we not allowed to criticise him? He's a human being, he's not perfect. I don't understand why some people seem to think that he is. Of course people will go to the rearranged date, that's why it's been rearranged. Why does this mean that they're not allowed to complain when Morrissey treats them with a complete lack of decency?

absolutely and we do/are. but we still have a right to be annoyed by the bad organisation that led to this. im sure everyone will calm down in time, but it was a bit of a shock.
Besides where would we be if we had no emotions at all over anything? hmm? ;-)

Have to agree with some of the comments here from those who are diappointed.. But Morrissey has some re-hashed product to promote which will be better off advertised to a bunch of no-marks on a DAIRY farm. I'm sure the Eavis livestock probably go off to the great Hindu cow festival in the sky rather than the slaughterhouse but hey ho...

Also on a logistical level why would you now play Glastonbury (knowing full well it was on that weekend), then go to Grimsby to come back down to Plymouth? To then go to the other side of the country in Kent? Some of us remember a cancellation at Worthy Farm in 1992. In those days though one didn't have to pay £200

I've got tickets for Plymouth but am now thinking that will be 50/50....

On the plus side second on the bill means we should get a good setlist for the tour. If he deigns to grace us with his presence

is anybody still staying in grimsby on he 24th..would be more expensive to me as my train ticket is non refundable and im travelling from scotland s i still arrive in grimsby
.so with notthing to do there i would like to know if anyone else is staying im grimsby and would like to met up? we could watch glasto on tv?

If you follow Moz you have to accept the risks. I chose not to go to Vegas last time and the short set proved me right. He can be frustrating but no other gig compares so he is worth all the shit!
Bloody Stretfordians!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom