Dog on a Chain review in Record Collector - 2/5

For reasons best known to themselves, Record Collector got the world's #1 Morrissey-hating journalist to review the new album. David Quantocks, who I believe was even once sued by Morrissey and forced to write a grovelling apology, gives it 2/5. In all fairness, he does quote an appalling lyric about geese and a niece which I'm hoping he mis-heard or made up. Haven't bought the mag so can't scan and attach.

Scan provided by Famous when dead in the comments.

Last edited by a moderator:
WOWE ! It’s amazing that Uncleskinny and sidekick Radis Noir consider this a album review. It’s obvious the intentions
by DQ .. it’s a hit piece, not an unbiased review about the music on a album.

So while other reviews have given the album 4 out of 5 and 9 out of 10 stars
and then this poor excuse for a human being gives it a 2 out of 5? Well, that’s a bit odd.

Anyway the haters on here are so blinded by their hate for Moz and anyone that enjoys the music that they can’t see why people on here are actually criticizing the so-called music ‘review’.

Getting DQ to review a Morrissey album is as loony as those that continue to come to a site dedicated to an artist they no longer like. :crazy:

Liking all the people who cheered the other reviews not liking this one. You know, when you want the buying public to part with their money for something, you put it out there and some people like it, and some people don't. And now you're crying over it. Well boo hoo. Stop being vicariously upset about something you HAVEN'T EVEN HEARD YET.

Skinnybob, we've heard 3 out of 11 tracks. So, using maffs, that's beep beep boop beep boop beep 27.272727272727% :p

WOWE ! It’s amazing that Uncleskinny and sidekick Radis Noir consider this a album review. It’s obvious the intentions

and then this poor excuse for a human being gives it a 2 out of 5? Well, that’s a bit odd.

Anyway the haters on here are so blinded by their hate for Moz and anyone that enjoys the music that they can’t see why people on here are actually criticizing the so-called music ‘review’.

Getting DQ to review a Morrissey album is as loony as those that continue to come to a site dedicated to an artist they no longer like. :crazy:
I thought it was an entirely reasonable review. Of course I haven't heard the album yet so I can't say whether or not I agree with it but I'll be sure to let you know what I think as and when I get a copy. I'm hoping it will be a good album but I'm not getting my hopes up, not based on what I've heard so far.

You mean the site that Morrissey himself doesn't like?

Morrissey has publicly disowned his biggest and longest-running fan site and banned its owner from attending his concerts.

I thought it was an entirely reasonable review. Of course I haven't heard the album yet so I can't say whether or not I agree with it but I'll be sure to let you know what I think as and when I get a copy. I'm hoping it will be a good album but I'm not getting my hopes up, not based on what I've heard so far.

No one here has heard it, think most are judging his rating compared to star ratings by other reviews, reviewers that actually gave the album a chance and went into some detail about the music on the album, kind of like what music journalists should do.

Also people are criticizing who is doing this ‘review’ and because of that
any Morrissey album no matter how good would not have a chance.

I asked you first.

Leave it to Morrissey to attack his own fans: At a gig Monday night in Bradford, England, the former Smiths frontman and his band took the stage for an encore of “This Charming Man” wearing matching black T-shirts emblazoned with an all-caps declaration, “f*** MORRISSEY-SOLO.COM.”

Moz’s shirt — seen above in a photo that was found on Facebook and reposted, naturally, on Morrissey-solo.com — is only the latest salvo against the long-running fansite, which the singer frequently derides as “Morrissey-so-low” in the snide missives he occasionally sends to a different fansite — True To You, which, at this point, carries more actual news from the singer than his own oft-neglected official site.

Leave it to Morrissey to attack his own fans: At a gig Monday night in Bradford, England, the former Smiths frontman and his band took the stage for an encore of “This Charming Man” wearing matching black T-shirts emblazoned with an all-caps declaration, “f*** MORRISSEY-SOLO.COM.”

Moz’s shirt — seen above in a photo that was found on Facebook and reposted, naturally, on Morrissey-solo.com — is only the latest salvo against the long-running fansite, which the singer frequently derides as “Morrissey-so-low” in the snide missives he occasionally sends to a different fansite — True To You, which, at this point, carries more actual news from the singer than his own oft-neglected official site.

What year was this?

And in what year are we in now?

My post that you’re replying to was made only a few minutes ago, so I’m talking about today or recently in reference to him visiting this site.

What year was this?

And in what year are we in now?

My post that you’re replying to was made only a few minutes ago, so I’m talking about today or recently in reference to him visiting this site.

Nobody know whether he does or he doesn't? However if you bumped, into him and asked his views on Morrissey Solo, how do you think he would respond?

I admire Quantick. He’s been involved in a lot of comedy shows I’ve enjoyed over the last 20 or so years. He’s entitled to his opinion, although the fact he’s reviewed the album is a little strange, given some of the history that’s already been touched on in this thread.

I do find that some reviewers judge the album too much on the lyrics alone. Obviously they’re important, especially in Morrissey’s case but so are the vocal melodies and the music.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain review

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom