Doll and the Kicks

Rush 2 Danger

Wind up nowhere
Hi one and all,

I seen Doll and the Kicks supporting Morrissey on at least two occasions circa 2006-2008.

I am a big fan of their work, actually they're about the only up-and-coming Moz support act that were worth listening too. I was naturally disappointed when they split some years back. I managed to purchase a copy of their debut album many years ago and also bought their Skeletons/The First Time single. However, I have never had any luck in tracking down a physical or digital copy of their live album/EP "Show Your Bones" (which consited of songs from their first album and some new songs which were intended for their never-released second album). Can anybody assist with a link to where it can be purchased or downloaded? Maybe somebody here even has a copy and would be willing to sell / rip and share?

Thanks.

Saw Doll and the Kicks play Ruby Lounge in Manchester, around the same time as their Moz support slot I think. Morrissey's nephew was stood near me in the audience. Fun times

"If You Care" is a cracking song.

Maybe try messaging their old band Facebook page (the last status was posted this year, so someone must still be running the thing), or messaging one of the bandmembers directly? I expect one of them is fairly likely to have box of CDs stuck in a garage somewhere.

I saw DATK in Reading after seeing them support Morrissey at the RAH, it was a right flea pit of a venue. I found myself stood next to the band as they watched the other bands that were on that night. DATK were way too loud for the venue so when I got meet Doll after their set, I couldn't hear a thing she said! I still got a photo of myself with my arm around Doll, she is gorgeous.

It's a shame they couldn't get a record contract as they definitely had the talent.

Whilst ripping their live album, I discovered this image on the inside of the cd case. I had completely forgotten Morrissey was mentioned. I tried to smooth talk one of the band members into giving me one of those stage passes at the RAH, but they weren't interested.

DATK - Tour.jpg

Doll and the Kicks were fantastic - great songs, great stage presence. Damn shame that they didn't 'make it', especially when there's so much shit in the charts now. They reminded me of another band I loved at that time, The Long Blondes.

I must have seen them about 8 or 9 times, if not more. I didn't like them at all. Oddly though, the final time I had to stand through one of their sets I had warmed to the musicians. I completely disagree about her having stage presence. I found her to be a formulaic and a bit of a cliché.

Hi one and all,

I seen Doll and the Kicks supporting Morrissey on at least two occasions circa 2006-2008.

I am a big fan of their work, actually they're about the only up-and-coming Moz support act that were worth listening too. I was naturally disappointed when they split some years back. I managed to purchase a copy of their debut album many years ago and also bought their Skeletons/The First Time single. However, I have never had any luck in tracking down a physical or digital copy of their live album/EP "Show Your Bones" (which consited of songs from their first album and some new songs which were intended for their never-released second album). Can anybody assist with a link to where it can be purchased or downloaded? Maybe somebody here even has a copy and would be willing to sell / rip and share?

Thanks.
I will have to look to see if I still have Show Your Bones. I'm not sure, and it could be in a few different boxes. If I say nothing further on here, it's that I no longer have it, or can't find it. I'll give it a proper go though. I think the issue with that one in particular is that they weirdly named it after a Yeah Yeah Yeahs album that preceded it, and I wonder if there was copyright/etc issues making it hard to find.

Just an update should somebody stumble across this in the future.

Received no CD's nor any communication from the seller/website, ended up having to get PayPal to issue a refund. Seems this route is a dead end.

Back
Top Bottom