Eddie Vedder re: Bonfire Of Teenagers: "some of the best Morrissey stuff I’d heard in years" / Andrew Watt confirmed as producer (January 14, 2022)

Eddie Vedder says new Morrissey record is "some of the best Morrissey stuff I've heard in years"

pearljamonline.it are quoting Vedder's Mojo interview (issue 340/March).

Other media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, if that won't get him a deal where he can spend other people's money, I don't know what will.

Onwards and upwards!
:)

AH!!
so you want the record company to use Moz money to put out the cd?
very logical:nomouth:
do a LePew, where he talks pony about 'playing' with Pearl Jam
when he will be 'opening' a festival with a 15 min set, where Pearl Jam will be playing at:lbf:
its like needing a fungus and buying the top brand, the non fungus fungus.

:lbf:

:hammer:

Not much of a Pearl Jam fan... like a few of their songs... but have no reason to hate on Eddie Vedder. I wouldn't at all be surprised if he was at least a casual Smiths/Morrissey fan.

I think he's definitely is a fan of The Smiths/Morrissey/Marr

anyone looked at this andrew watt cv yet and have opinions about the breadth of work/type of top 40 artist? maybe morrissey might be stirring up the radio hits with this one. also "watt" is about as old as kill uncle.

anyone looked at this andrew watt cv yet and have opinions about the breadth of work/type of top 40 artist? maybe morrissey might be stirring up the radio hits with this one. also "watt" is about as old as kill uncle.

... The moods, the twists, the precision … it's difficult to do well, and I was blessed with a most supremely intelligent producer. He played and sang backing vocals on every track … so beautifully … and brought something that no one else could hear into each track...

Probably recorded something like this - as per Morrissey's description:

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...on-it-february-20-2021.147936/post-1987402064

And an old lazy Wiki link from May when first discussed:

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...on-it-february-20-2021.147936/post-1987377788

Regards,
FWD.

Why is he working with all these dodgy American hard rawk people?
If you check out Josh Klinghoffer's solo stuff he has a lot of mellow acoustic things.

Not sure what direction Morrissey went in with him but I suspect it's more nuanced than the stuff Jesse wrote which tends to be heavier and straight forward.

On the radio 2 session last night I think Johnny said he was playing with Pearl Jam this year but he didn't say where, wonder if it's their Hyde Park gigs in July as he's out with Blondie pre that and then in the US with The Killers from August to October.

It was Foo Fighters that he mentioned playing with, actually. Johnny's toured with Pearl Jam when he was in the Healers, and played with Eddie in Neil Finn's 7 Worlds Collide, so they go way back.

It was Foo Fighters that he mentioned playing with, actually. Johnny's toured with Pearl Jam when he was in the Healers, and played with Eddie in Neil Finn's 7 Worlds Collide, so they go way back.

Ah ok, thought he said Pearl Jam but I was driving at the time so not listening properly.

Ah ok, thought he said Pearl Jam but I was driving at the time so not listening properly.
Did you ever get in the car outside work and next thing you're parking at home with no recollection of the journey? Used to happen to me sometimes when I used to travel to and from work.

He's worked with a lot of useless but mega selling x-factor type singer celebrities. You'd wonder why Moz picked him or why he'd pick Moz. Hopefully the result is unexpectedly brilliant.

Did you ever get in the car outside work and next thing you're parking at home with no recollection of the journey? Used to happen to me sometimes when I used to travel to and from work.
Depends on how many coors
I’ve had 😉

... The moods, the twists, the precision … it's difficult to do well, and I was blessed with a most supremely intelligent producer. He played and sang backing vocals on every track … so beautifully … and brought something that no one else could hear into each track...

Probably recorded something like this - as per Morrissey's description:

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...on-it-february-20-2021.147936/post-1987402064

And an old lazy Wiki link from May when first discussed:

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...on-it-february-20-2021.147936/post-1987377788

Regards,
FWD.
thank you!

Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom