Elvis '68 Special

My favourite televisual feast ever. Any other fans of this masterpiece here?

Yes, I'm a big fan. Quite naturally, since I'm a bluesfan.
Actually, and i know many people think this is kind of perverted, I prefer the 68 cbs and anything recorded after it. I've always admired Elvis band, but post 68 it's like Elvis really takes controll of things.

He's on fire, adding soul, jazz, blues, rock or whatever he likes. It's all really rehearsed, but still kind of ad lib.
And the band is ace to, Burton in particular.
No to mention the jumpsuits.

Yes, I'm a big fan. Quite naturally, since I'm a bluesfan.
Actually, and i know many people think this is kind of perverted, I prefer the 68 cbs and anything recorded after it. I've always admired Elvis band, but post 68 it's like Elvis really takes controll of things.

He's on fire, adding soul, jazz, blues, rock or whatever he likes. It's all really rehearsed, but still kind of ad lib.
And the band is ace to, Burton in particular.
No to mention the jumpsuits.

As a blues fan, you're missing a real treat on BBC4 right now. Blues guitars, BB King, Les Paul, the whole shebang. Do you get BBC4 in Malmo???

I agree, he is more in control of his 'people' after the comeback. But I do prefer the rawness of the 50's recordings.
TV doesn't get any better than the jam session on the Comeback Special.

As a blues fan, you're missing a real treat on BBC4 right now. Blues guitars, BB King, Les Paul, the whole shebang. Do you get BBC4 in Malmo???

I agree, he is more in control of his 'people' after the comeback. But I do prefer the rawness of the 50's recordings.
TV doesn't get any better than the jam session on the Comeback Special.

We don't get it, at least I don't. i get BBC prime. So I get to see some sit coms at least. All very, very english. Love them!

My mum is a fan of Elvis, so his music and stuff was always on in our house. I really think Elvis was cool, i love the 68' comeback special! He sings that song 'Memories' on it, f***ing beautiful song. I think that is like Elvis at his best, seriously the guy looked f***in' HOT! in that black leather suit, 4 real!! :horny:

There is another show i seen Elvis on, singing a song called 'Edge Of Reality' also a great song. Elvis Rocks!! :guitar:

Back
Top Bottom