Morrissey Central "ENNIO MORRICONE" / "MORRICONE & MORRISSEY IN ROMA" (July 6, 2020)

images_hsqmlt.jpg

"Ennio Morricone, the exalted and revered Italian composer, has died aged 91 in Rome. Morricone and his orchestra played on Morrissey's album "Ringleader Of The Tormentors"."

Unknown_copy_22_klt2n6.jpg

"I was aware that Morricone had said no to U2, no to David Bowie, and no to Robbie Williams, so I was thrilled when he said Yes to me. His contributions to my 'Ringleader Of The Tormentors' album are, naturally, completely dismissed by the jargon jugglers, but they burst and thrive in my heart forever. In reflection of the happiest days imaginable, I say the temporary parting of ar'ri've'der'ci to he who gave all to the greatness of Italia."

MORRISSEY
6 July 2020

FWD.

UPDATE July 7:

Link posted by joe frady:

ENNIO MORRICONE…
….CONDUCTS MORRISSEY'S 'DEAR GOD, PLEASE HELP ME' IN ROMA

https://t.co/7JKy5EkYnW

Our thanks to Alice Gahan.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
And of course he would deny that in most interviews at the time which led to some amusing dialogue, like this one from an interview by Paul Morley, Uncut 2006:

"Q: Listening to the new record, it’s one of the first things the listener will think – he’s in love, and it’s not nosiness to some kind of wider framework. So, in a situation like this, you being there, and me being here, together in this lovely room overlooking Hyde Park on the notable occasion of your new record, it seems right and fitting to ask: are you in love?
M: I’m in love with something. I often am.
Q: Not someone.
M: Not a human being, no. And on these new songs, I’m in love with something. So, keep stabbing away.
Q: You’ve moved to Rome?
M: I travel so much that I actually live nowhere. I live in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. I left Los Angeles last year after seven years. I became an Italianophile, yes.
Q: You moved to Rome to be with someone.
M: Something.
Q: Because of someone.
Q: Someone?
Q: One.
M: Thing.
Q: You met someone and you moved to Rome to be with them.
M: That’s the tabloid journalist in you, as if there is no story worth discussing unless there is a greasy little tabloid element to it.
Q: So you haven’t.
M: I haven’t. (sigh) I can’t say anything other than I haven’t if I haven’t. Don’t put the innocent face on me. Does it really matter in the end one way or another, whether I have, haven’t, have never, have soon?"

"Italionophile" is a nice neoligism.

He probably doesn't want to read acres of prurient coverage in the UK press.

It's a bit blink & miss it, but the autobiography seems quite honest about it all. He's got details in there that almost no one would admit unless it was under caution.

He probably doesn't want to read acres of prurient coverage in the UK press.

It's a bit blink & miss it, but the autobiography seems quite honest about it all. He's got details in there that almost no one would admit unless it was under caution.
Yeah, you have to read a bit between the lines sometimes, but Autobiography is very revealing indeed.
It was interesting to see the way he tried to backtrack after it was published...

Yeah, you have to read a bit between the lines sometimes, but Autobiography is very revealing indeed.
It was interesting to see the way he tried to backtrack after it was published...

It'll be because of the way they covered it - his extremely complex feelings got reduced to him coming out of a closet he was never in.

It'll be because of the way they covered it - his extremely complex feelings got reduced to him coming out of a closet he was never in.
Eh, I think it was mostly because of him being Morrissey tbh.

Eh, I think it was mostly because of him being Morrissey tbh.

True. But he does get one hell of an edit. For instance, the press were all over the mewling monster line, & ignored the incomprehensible joy & the fact he seems to have abandoned fatherhood because of 9/11

(which when you read on pretty much explains why he's become so politically awkward. He thinks Bush/Blair etc make money out of war & terrorism & the police & the media cover it up for them with lies & soft soap & callousness).

20200709_155516.jpg

20200709_160337.jpg

I always thought the "mewling miniature monster" line was kinda cute. I mean, have you seen what newborns look like?

I always thought the "mewling miniature monster" line was kinda cute. I mean, have you seen what newborns look like?

í am currently one-fourteenth of the way through re-listening to Morrissey's "Audiobiography". í had forgotten just how very fine it is. Right back there on the streets upon streets Etc. Wondering whether David is how Moz wishes he spoke?

Also I forgot he only ended up staying in Rome because he fell in love with a man he met in Dublin airport.

Planning is not a thing that exists in the Morrissey universe.

So we can take 'turbulence' here as something of a euphemism..? :brows:

í am currently one-fourteenth of the way through re-listening to Morrissey's "Audiobiography". í had forgotten just how very fine it is. Right back there on the streets upon streets Etc. Wondering whether David is how Moz wishes he spoke?

I have to admit, I've never listened to it. Not a fan of audio books in general and I think the only way I could possibly stand to listen to it was if Morrissey himself read it. I think he'd do a great job, I really liked his recitations for the World Peace spoken word videos.

Last time I re-read the book was last year, when I was pretty weary of him for a short while, it was a good cure for that sentiment. And I agree that you tend to forget just how good it is.
It's so full of great bits and pieces, it's really worth reading multiple times.

I have to admit, I've never listened to it. Not a fan of audio books in general and I think the only way I could possibly stand to listen to it was if Morrissey himself read it. I think he'd do a great job, I really liked his recitations for the World Peace spoken word videos.

Last time I re-read the book was last year, when I was pretty weary of him for a short while, it was a good cure for that sentiment. And I agree that you tend to forget just how good it is.
It's so full of great bits and pieces, it's really worth reading multiple times.

Moz would be a great voice over artist.

So we can take 'turbulence' here as something of a euphemism..? :brows:

If you read very closely the whole section about "Gelato" is full of.... "euphemisms".

The moving to Rome on a whim because of a guy part is also in line with Jake seemingly moving in with him the night they met.

"He steps inside and he stays for two years."

Morrissey doesn't do things by halves when it comes to his... lodgers.

If you read very closely the whole section about "Gelato" is full of.... "euphemisms".

The moving to Rome on a whim because of a guy part is also in line with Jake seemingly moving in with him the night they met.

As far as í recall, alot of the 'good stuff' was snipped from the David Moz reading {Jake anyhow} so í may switch to the hard copy in my hands for that 'chapter'. Can't recall whether all the creamy Roma sauce was left in the later printings? Always safest to go back to the first Penguin Classics edition.

What kind of lodgers live in Steve’s houses ?????
Lodgers :laughing:

🇬🇧:knife:

As far as í recall, alot of the 'good stuff' was snipped from the David Moz reading {Jake anyhow} so í may switch to the hard copy in my hands for that 'chapter'. Can't recall whether all the creamy Roma sauce was left in the later printings? Always safest to go back to the first Penguin Classics edition.

I *think* it was only some of the Jake sections that were removed. I have three different copies, including that pretty hard cover special edition with the additional photos, and it seems the Penguin Classics edition is the only one that is complete.
I think the Gelato bits were too subtle to be edited out and also Morrissey said the Jake bits were removed because Jake was "pestered" by the press? That never made sense to me, his full name is still in the book, how does removing seemingly random pieces from the American edition help with bothersome journos?

Very peculiar.

I *think* it was only some of the Jake sections that were removed. I have three different copies, including that pretty hard cover special edition with the additional photos, and it seems the Penguin Classics edition is the only one that is complete.
I think the Gelato bits were too subtle to be edited out and also Morrissey said the Jake bits were removed because Jake was "pestered" by the press? That never made sense to me, his full name is still in the book, how does removing seemingly random pieces from the American edition help with bothersome journos?

Very peculiar.
Only 3 sentences & a photo got chopped in the States (subsequently restored in later publications):

-- "I am photographed for Creem magazine with my head resting on Jake's exposed belly."

-- "Indulgently Jake and I test how far each of us can go before 'being dwelt in' causes cries of intolerable struggle, but our closeness transcends such visitations."

-- "'Well,' said the woman in the British Airways lounge, 'You're either very close brothers or lovers.' 'Can't brothers be lovers?' I impudently reply."

Further/source:

Regards,
FWD.

Eh, and Jesse Tobias gave me a half-hearted hand-job in the bathroom at La Casa Burrito, but you don't see me posting about it.
should that not be,you dont see me boasting about it.good,as long as you half -heartedly enjoyed it.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom