Morrissey Central "EUROVISION ACCIDENTALLY BUMPS INTO HIGH ART: VIVA UKRAINE !" (May 25, 2021)

Apparently record label BMG helped select the UK act...not the first bad decision they've made in recent times.

Is there no love for Belgium's entry? I was a bit of a fan of Hooverphonic back in the day and was surprised to see Geike is back with the band. The song was good but hardly Eurovision material. Alex's haircut left something to be desired though.

Is there no love for Belgium's entry? I was a bit of a fan of Hooverphonic back in the day and was surprised to see Geike is back with the band. The song was good but hardly Eurovision material. Alex's haircut left something to be desired though.
One of the worst, in my opinion. I’d rather take a complete shitshow that doesn’t try to be anything else and kind of knows it’s a shitshow, than pretentious try-hards like Hooverphonic with nothing to show for it. And that goes not just for ESC, but for music in general. The amount of secondhand embarrassment I felt during their performance cannot be overestimated. The lyrics were cringeworthy and so was their look.

One of the worst, in my opinion. I’d rather take a complete shitshow that doesn’t try to be anything else and kind of knows it’s a shitshow, than pretentious try-hards like Hooverphonic with nothing to show for it. And that goes not just for ESC, but for music in general. The amount of secondhand embarrassment I felt during their performance cannot be overestimated. The lyrics were cringeworthy and so was their look.

I'm glad you didn't like it. Knowing that makes me like it all the more.

🤒
who was belgium entry FFS? It sounded like Yogi
🐻 had swallowed a helium tank:blushing:

The vehemence of your criticism told me all I needed to know.
Please! You think I was covertly criticising you by criticising an ESC song that you like? Mate, get over yourself. I don’t know you, don’t know a damn thing about you, and have nothing against you.

I must admit, I have a really big soft spot for "Power to all my friends" by Sir Cliff Richard. Come on, let's talk about the big ESC tunes. Larger than life, nothing less.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom