Fake plastic strides

Can anyone help with this show ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMbRgBTeHBI
It looks like a good'un but I've never saw any other clips for it.Does anyone know if there is a full video out there of the show ? I have a pretty poor copy of one show where the pvc suit get"s an airing(might be Vegas not sure) but this is a new one on me.Thanking you.

I have a vhs copy of this show in storage but here is some info from one of the best Moz info websites around!

http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com/live/moz-g000305.htm

5 March 2000
UCI Bren Events Center, Irvine, CA

A Swallow On My Neck
Ouija Board, Ouija Board
Tomorrow
Hairdresser On Fire
Break Up The Family
Boxers
Meat Is Murder
The Teachers Are Afraid Of the Pupils
I Can Have Both
I Am Hated For Loving
Now My Heart Is Full
Lost
Is It Really So Strange?
November Spawned A Monster
Half A Person
Billy Budd
/Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me

This final date of the North American leg of the Oye Esteban tour was general admission and Southern California Morrissey concerts are usually rather violent and energetic affairs, so this one could not have been a dull concert. Morrissey was in an excellent mood, he seemed happy to perform in front of his home audience. Several fans made it onstage throughout the concert, some helped by Morrissey, others encouraged by the man with words like "I'll save you... I'll save you..."

The setlist was completely scrambled and in the process "Shoplifters Of The World Unite" was dropped and "Break Up The Family" returned. Some people were expecting a new song, but it didn't happen. The new backdrops introduced on the previous date were used again. Exceptionally, Morrissey didn't throw any of his shirts to the fans. He had possibly run out of them.

Morrissey hit the stage dressed in his PVC suit. His opening line was "Welcome to the world of PVC... all my children!". After the opening song, he was more specific: "All my sexy children!". Then, to someone in the audience he said "It's beautiful... it's really beautiful... no, it's beautiful..." After "Ouija Board, Ouija Board" he extended his greetings with "Hello my brothers and sisters... Are you happy? That's good..." and introduced the following planned number "Tomorrow" as "Mañana". As on the previous date he replaced every occurrence of the title words in the song with its Spanish translation.

"Tomorrow" saw the first fan to make it on stage. When it happened Morrissey greeted the brave one by singing "Welcome to the stage... welcome to the stage..." After the song the man said "You're very generous... you really are... Anybody have anything nice to say? oohh... that's very nice... yeah, Gary loves you too..." The singer made all the usual live changes in "Hairdresser On Fire", but instead of the common "you're just too busy to kiss me", he sang "you're just too busy to have me".

At the end of the latter song Morrissey went backstage to change out of the PVC outfit and when he returned he jokingly apologised "Sorry for running out... I had to put some money in the meter..." Turning to someone in the audience he then asked "Can you throw it? Gotcha!". Most of the usual live changes were done in "Break Up The Family" but Morrissey also sang the slightly different "You say break up the family and then we all can live our lives" and "I want to my friends tonight". More interestingly he changed "home late, full of hate" to "home late, viva hate". Other changes were simply circumstancial, they were prompted by various failed attempts by fans to make it on stage: "Wish me luck and there she goes..."

Before going into "Boxers" Morrissey said "You know, we still don't have a record deal because... most of the companies in America hate us... which believe me, is very flattering... but we will survive... to hell with them all..." After the song he said "You are very generous... I've said that before... it doesn't matter... I'll say it again..." Morrissey then introduced "Meat Is Murder" with the line "This next song is called 'Meat Is Misery' because meat is misery, misery, misery, and if you eat it, you eat misery, misery, misery... hamburgers are misery... it's all misery... did somebody say McDonald's?". After the song he asked "What do you mean 'boo'?" and told someone trying to make it on stage "I'll save you, I'll save you, my God, I'll save you..."

In "The Teachers Are Afraid Of The Pupils" Morrissey followed the words "sleep transports sadness" and "to be finished would be a relief" with "...believe me". After the song he said "Oh my God, you've gone so quiet, are you still there? Thank you..." before introducing "I Can Have Both" with "As I've said before this next song is S-I-Q-U-E, sick. S-I-Q-U-E, sick.... and it's called 'I Can Have Both'... (replying to someone in the audience) Who am I? I don't know who I am... where am I?". In the song he followed the line "I've not been feeling myself tonight" with the contradictory "Yes I have!". Near the end of it he adlibbed "What, would you like me to jump? I've got limited powers.... I really have... yeah, I've got big balls that's... I think I just said the wrong thing... the right thing, maybe..."

After "I Am Hated For Loving" Morrissey had his customary chat with front row regular Julia: "Julia, are you out there somewhere? Where are you? Where are you? I can't see you... I've got my contact lenses in upside-down, I can't see you... Are you going to Chile? El Salvador? Uruguay? That's funny, I'm not going to Uruguay... just kidding!". He was kept away from his microphone quite a lot during "Now My Heart Is Full". After the song he thanked the audience and, as if they didn't believe it, he added "Yes, we're really thanking you, really thanking you..." The following planned number was then introduced with the line "This song is very short... that's quite nice... and it's called... 'Lost'."

Before going into "Is It Really So Strange?" Morrissey announced "This is the final date of our North American tour, and it's been the time of our lives... and we'd like to thank all of you for being so loyal... I know it's been very difficult, but your kindness is overwhelming and... this song is the question I've been asking for years, and years, and years, and years, and years, and years, 'Is It Really So Strange?'." After the song he chanted "Mexico-Mexico-Mexico" and said "Life is very strange... life is very, very strange... life is very strange... life is very strange..."

Following "Half A Person", Morrissey teasingly announced "I would like to sleep with you all, but there isn't time... or maybe there is time... no, there really isn't time... or is there time?". Instead of the usual "Don't leave us in the dark!" sample at the end of "Billy Budd" Morrissey shouted "God bless you!" then exited stage, followed by his musicians. The band were the first to return for the encore, they started the song and Morrissey arrived about one minute into it and started singing. After the song the man profusely thanked his fans with "I love you"'s and "God bless you"'s. Alain also thanked everyone, adding that "Without you, we're nothing."

"The Boy With The Thorn In His Side" was heard soundchecked by Morrissey's band before the concert, but the song wasn't played. It would actually never be played by Morrissey until 2007.

An average sounding audience recording of the complete set is circulated on bootleg compact discs as well as in digital format on the internet (recorder: Dave Hamblen). This is sometimes seen with fanmade artwork under the title "Irvine Live". Another recording has made its way into the hands of certain collectors, but this one is not being shared at this point in time. It may or may not be the audio track from one of two different audience video recordings of the complete set also found out there. One of these is credited to recorder Rachel. It is quite clear and was filmed from a slightly raised central position. The other one is uncredited and was filmed from the balcony. It is clear of obstruction and features good close-ups.

I have a vhs copy of this show in storage but here is some info from one of the best Moz info websites around!

http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com/live/moz-g000305.htm

5 March 2000
UCI Bren Events Center, Irvine, CA

A Swallow On My Neck
Ouija Board, Ouija Board
Tomorrow
Hairdresser On Fire
Break Up The Family
Boxers
Meat Is Murder
The Teachers Are Afraid Of the Pupils
I Can Have Both
I Am Hated For Loving
Now My Heart Is Full
Lost
Is It Really So Strange?
November Spawned A Monster
Half A Person
Billy Budd
/Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me

This final date of the North American leg of the Oye Esteban tour was general admission and Southern California Morrissey concerts are usually rather violent and energetic affairs, so this one could not have been a dull concert. Morrissey was in an excellent mood, he seemed happy to perform in front of his home audience. Several fans made it onstage throughout the concert, some helped by Morrissey, others encouraged by the man with words like "I'll save you... I'll save you..."

The setlist was completely scrambled and in the process "Shoplifters Of The World Unite" was dropped and "Break Up The Family" returned. Some people were expecting a new song, but it didn't happen. The new backdrops introduced on the previous date were used again. Exceptionally, Morrissey didn't throw any of his shirts to the fans. He had possibly run out of them.

Morrissey hit the stage dressed in his PVC suit. His opening line was "Welcome to the world of PVC... all my children!". After the opening song, he was more specific: "All my sexy children!". Then, to someone in the audience he said "It's beautiful... it's really beautiful... no, it's beautiful..." After "Ouija Board, Ouija Board" he extended his greetings with "Hello my brothers and sisters... Are you happy? That's good..." and introduced the following planned number "Tomorrow" as "Mañana". As on the previous date he replaced every occurrence of the title words in the song with its Spanish translation.

"Tomorrow" saw the first fan to make it on stage. When it happened Morrissey greeted the brave one by singing "Welcome to the stage... welcome to the stage..." After the song the man said "You're very generous... you really are... Anybody have anything nice to say? oohh... that's very nice... yeah, Gary loves you too..." The singer made all the usual live changes in "Hairdresser On Fire", but instead of the common "you're just too busy to kiss me", he sang "you're just too busy to have me".

At the end of the latter song Morrissey went backstage to change out of the PVC outfit and when he returned he jokingly apologised "Sorry for running out... I had to put some money in the meter..." Turning to someone in the audience he then asked "Can you throw it? Gotcha!". Most of the usual live changes were done in "Break Up The Family" but Morrissey also sang the slightly different "You say break up the family and then we all can live our lives" and "I want to my friends tonight". More interestingly he changed "home late, full of hate" to "home late, viva hate". Other changes were simply circumstancial, they were prompted by various failed attempts by fans to make it on stage: "Wish me luck and there she goes..."

Before going into "Boxers" Morrissey said "You know, we still don't have a record deal because... most of the companies in America hate us... which believe me, is very flattering... but we will survive... to hell with them all..." After the song he said "You are very generous... I've said that before... it doesn't matter... I'll say it again..." Morrissey then introduced "Meat Is Murder" with the line "This next song is called 'Meat Is Misery' because meat is misery, misery, misery, and if you eat it, you eat misery, misery, misery... hamburgers are misery... it's all misery... did somebody say McDonald's?". After the song he asked "What do you mean 'boo'?" and told someone trying to make it on stage "I'll save you, I'll save you, my God, I'll save you..."

In "The Teachers Are Afraid Of The Pupils" Morrissey followed the words "sleep transports sadness" and "to be finished would be a relief" with "...believe me". After the song he said "Oh my God, you've gone so quiet, are you still there? Thank you..." before introducing "I Can Have Both" with "As I've said before this next song is S-I-Q-U-E, sick. S-I-Q-U-E, sick.... and it's called 'I Can Have Both'... (replying to someone in the audience) Who am I? I don't know who I am... where am I?". In the song he followed the line "I've not been feeling myself tonight" with the contradictory "Yes I have!". Near the end of it he adlibbed "What, would you like me to jump? I've got limited powers.... I really have... yeah, I've got big balls that's... I think I just said the wrong thing... the right thing, maybe..."

After "I Am Hated For Loving" Morrissey had his customary chat with front row regular Julia: "Julia, are you out there somewhere? Where are you? Where are you? I can't see you... I've got my contact lenses in upside-down, I can't see you... Are you going to Chile? El Salvador? Uruguay? That's funny, I'm not going to Uruguay... just kidding!". He was kept away from his microphone quite a lot during "Now My Heart Is Full". After the song he thanked the audience and, as if they didn't believe it, he added "Yes, we're really thanking you, really thanking you..." The following planned number was then introduced with the line "This song is very short... that's quite nice... and it's called... 'Lost'."

Before going into "Is It Really So Strange?" Morrissey announced "This is the final date of our North American tour, and it's been the time of our lives... and we'd like to thank all of you for being so loyal... I know it's been very difficult, but your kindness is overwhelming and... this song is the question I've been asking for years, and years, and years, and years, and years, and years, 'Is It Really So Strange?'." After the song he chanted "Mexico-Mexico-Mexico" and said "Life is very strange... life is very, very strange... life is very strange... life is very strange..."

Following "Half A Person", Morrissey teasingly announced "I would like to sleep with you all, but there isn't time... or maybe there is time... no, there really isn't time... or is there time?". Instead of the usual "Don't leave us in the dark!" sample at the end of "Billy Budd" Morrissey shouted "God bless you!" then exited stage, followed by his musicians. The band were the first to return for the encore, they started the song and Morrissey arrived about one minute into it and started singing. After the song the man profusely thanked his fans with "I love you"'s and "God bless you"'s. Alain also thanked everyone, adding that "Without you, we're nothing."

"The Boy With The Thorn In His Side" was heard soundchecked by Morrissey's band before the concert, but the song wasn't played. It would actually never be played by Morrissey until 2007.

An average sounding audience recording of the complete set is circulated on bootleg compact discs as well as in digital format on the internet (recorder: Dave Hamblen). This is sometimes seen with fanmade artwork under the title "Irvine Live". Another recording has made its way into the hands of certain collectors, but this one is not being shared at this point in time. It may or may not be the audio track from one of two different audience video recordings of the complete set also found out there. One of these is credited to recorder Rachel. It is quite clear and was filmed from a slightly raised central position. The other one is uncredited and was filmed from the balcony. It is clear of obstruction and features good close-ups.

Please dust off the VHS I have been after this for years

Back
Top Bottom