Favorite Morrissey/Smiths Videos

Sister Rose

A little older, wiser
Recently I believe I was slating Morrissey's videos off :eek:, after watching the "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris" video. I now like that video. I have also been looking back at older videos of Moz and he has made some fine ones. Here are some of my faves:

1) The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get
2) November Spawned A Monster
3) Suedehead
4) Tomorrow
5) My Love Life
6) Dagenham Dave
7) Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before
8) This Charming Man
9) I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
10) How Soon Is Now

the only real promo video the smiths did was for "the boy with the thorn".
my favourite is dagenham dave:eek:

Surprise, surprise Beast.

Tomorrow is probably my favourite, but I agree with you on the Dagenham Dave. When I finally start driving I think I might have 'Jay' and 'Moz' on my window screen.

Surprise, surprise Beast.

Tomorrow is probably my favourite, but I agree with you on the Dagenham Dave. When I finally start driving I think I might have 'Jay' and 'Moz' on my window screen.

don't think mrs jay leeming will be too impressed. she might think your a bit pigs ear:eek:

here is one thread were the fave of the forumnmembers here out of moz`s vid were discussed and what associations some have at certain videos...
http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=89517&highlight=video
with me its was that "november" reminded me of a bollywood film
but my fave is close between tomorrow and the more you ignore me..oh and the jesus video..

Last edited:
Unbelievable, we're almost all in agreement that Dagenham Dave is one of our favorites videos - special mentions should also go to:

The Boy Racer
The More You Ignore me...
Seasick, yet still Docked

the only real promo video the smiths did was for "the boy with the thorn".

the widely released version of 'this charming man' surely counts?? there's also a less available version they did at the time, although all of the band doesn't appear in it, but it's still a promo.

stop me if you think is probably my favourite smiths one.

the widely released version of 'this charming man' surely counts?? there's also a less available version they did at the time, although all of the band doesn't appear in it, but it's still a promo.

stop me if you think is probably my favourite smiths one.

that vid was only released in 92 to promote the wea releases. if you like it......embrace it;)

I thought it was just me who likes Moz dressed as a priest! :horny:

*hangs head* ...........:o hahaha

It's a peculiar world.....;)

p.s I too love Dagenham Dave, Jesus, Boy Racer, Oujia board, The more you ignore me, THPGU, First of the Gang...all good stuff.

Last edited:
It's a peculiar world.....;)

p.s I too love Dagenham Dave, Jesus, Boy Racer, Oujia board, The more you ignore me, THPGU, First of the Gang...all good stuff.

It certainly is a peculiar world. lol ;)

Ouijaboard is good and I Have Forgiven Jesus too! Yeah, some good ones. :guitar: :)

that wasn't used to promote that single either;)

i think most people would take promo video to simply mean a structured video shot to showcase the song (as opposed to a live/tv performance).

at any rate, according to passionsjustlike mine, the heaven knows video "was shown on the UK television show Earsay on 31 March 1984." :p

Back
Top Bottom