Fiona Dodwell: "10 Underrated Morrissey Tracks You Need To Hear Today" (November 3, 2020)

10 Underrated Morrissey Tracks You Need To Hear Today

"It’s hard to believe that the man who carved out his niche as the patron saint of the outcast in the 80's is now in his fourth decade of music-making. There’s a lot of internet mythology and needless controversy surrounding Morrissey, but despite this, few would dare to contend the fact that the British music icon has penned more than his fair share of classics.

Whether it’s the garage rock grittiness of his 2009 release Years of Refusal, or the sweeping strings and classical sounding sobriety of Ringleaders of the Tormentors, Morrissey has nailed it again and again both as a lyricist and a vocalist."

Update:
November 4, 2020 - now linked to by Central and using another 'shopped image by Victor Esparza.
0_b65xz8.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Enjoyed that, if only as a reminder of some tracks I've not played for a while. Not a bad track amongst them, simply because there are no bad Moz tracks at all. Wonderful.

Why is it that, even though I truly love most of Morrissey's work and most of the songs she mentions here (she even included a few of my favourites), I find Fiona's articles unbearable, almost unreadable...

Why is it that, even though I truly love most of Morrissey's work and most of the songs she mentions here (she even included a few of my favourites), I find Fiona's articles unbearable, almost unreadable...
She has a different way of writing. She uses lots of adjectives so maybe you have to pay more attention to the words. The opposite is using a lot of verbs. A good example of using lots of adjectives is Morrissey's biography. I loved that book.

She has a different way of writing. She uses lots of adjectives so maybe you have to pay more attention to the words. The opposite is using a lot of verbs. A good example of using lots of adjectives is Morrissey's biography. I loved that book.

I'm pretty sure it's not the adjectives.
It was more of a rhetorical question.

I know why I don't like her writing. I'm sure she means well and all, but her articles just don't appeal to me at all. They're rather insubstantial. A lot of words struggling to say anyhing of real relevance.
Quite the opposite of Morrissey's Autobiography in my opinion.

But while we're on the topic of underrated Morrissey tracks...

Enjoyed that, if only as a reminder of some tracks I've not played for a while. Not a bad track amongst them, simply because there are no bad Moz tracks at all. Wonderful.

even he wouldn’t agree with that.

Is it because Fiona writes sentences like "this track certainly serves as a sonic companion for the lonely" - which is something a 14-year-old, many years away from becoming an actual music critic, might scribble in her diary?

even he wouldn’t agree with that.
Then it might be the only thing I would disagree with Moz on. We fully researched this matter in a previous 'disasterpieces' thread. The conclusion reached was that there weren't any. However, YMMV.

Is it because Fiona writes sentences like "this track certainly serves as a sonic companion for the lonely" - which is something a 14-year-old, many years away from becoming an actual music critic, might scribble in her diary?
Yes, I think that's it. Thank you.

Then it might be the only thing I would disagree with Moz on. We fully researched this matter in a previous 'disasterpieces' thread. The conclusion reached was that there weren't any. However, YMMV.
That's incorrect. The conclusion was that People Are The Same Everywhere is horrible.

That's incorrect. The conclusion was that People Are The Same Everywhere is horrible.
That was your opinion. I have the spreadsheet evidence. I had doubts about At Last I Am Born, but was persuaded otherwise. Not one track was widely considered a disasterpiece.

That was your opinion. I have the spreadsheet evidence. I had doubts about At Last I Am Born, but was persuaded otherwise. Not one track was widely considered a disasterpiece.
I said ...

People. Are. The. Same. Everywhere. is. a. horrible. song.

(I'm not going to argue with your spreadsheet though.)

What are the 10 underrated moz tracks, I can’t download them....
I’ve been on the phone for 2 hours today withTalk Talk....
They are sending me a new box.....

What are the 10 underrated moz tracks, I can’t download them....
I’ve been on the phone for 2 hours today withTalk Talk....
They are sending me a new box.....
According to Fiona they're

Art-Hounds
The Teachers Are Afraid Of The Pupils
It's Over
I'm OK By Myself
Home Is A Question Mark
Little Man, What Now?
Wide To Receive
World Peace Is None Of Your Business
Something Is Squeezing My Skull
To Me You Are A Work Of Art