Fiona Dodwell: "10 Underrated Morrissey Tracks You Need To Hear Today" (November 3, 2020)

10 Underrated Morrissey Tracks You Need To Hear Today

"It’s hard to believe that the man who carved out his niche as the patron saint of the outcast in the 80's is now in his fourth decade of music-making. There’s a lot of internet mythology and needless controversy surrounding Morrissey, but despite this, few would dare to contend the fact that the British music icon has penned more than his fair share of classics.

Whether it’s the garage rock grittiness of his 2009 release Years of Refusal, or the sweeping strings and classical sounding sobriety of Ringleaders of the Tormentors, Morrissey has nailed it again and again both as a lyricist and a vocalist."

Update:
November 4, 2020 - now linked to by Central and using another 'shopped image by Victor Esparza.
0_b65xz8.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Hovis...... can you ever find a better song than ......
I’ll never find another you...
By Billy fury ????

bloody hell hovis, just sat and listened to four walls....
rather deep I’d say....
Yes. It’s great to listen to in an old boozer; alone obviously. The quieter the pub, the better. Having said that, I’ve only ever seen it on a handful of Jukeboxes.

But the pubs that do have it are always old and quiet.

Yes. It’s great to listen to in an old boozer; alone obviously. The quieter the pub, the better. Having said that, I’ve only ever seen it on a handful of Jukeboxes.

But the pubs that do have it are always old and quiet.
You set the scene wonderfully ....
but you’ve forgotten the old man in the corner, with his whippet and old Holborn tobacco smoke layering the room.....

You set the scene wonderfully ....
but you’ve forgotten the old man in the corner, with his whippet and old Holborn tobacco smoke layering the room.....
I’ve not forgotten the old man in the corner; it’s me.

I'm always bitterly disappointed not to see Tony The Pony in these lists.
I remember just like it was yesterday. Morrissey walked up to me outside of my child psychology class at FCCJ. He said to his lyricist "I'm thinking Tony The Pony" They entered inside the classroom where they sat behind me and wrote the song. He clearly took advantage of me ! And I still to this day have not received any compensation for the mental anguish that this has caused myself and my family.

Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom