Fiona Dodwell: "Misunderstanding Morrissey: Sparks and the steady drip, drip, drip of slander" (July 15, 2020)

"One wonders whether the vocal Morrissey detractors have delved much beyond the surface of NME's clickbait headlines and the lefty identity politics of formerly reputable publications like The Guardian."

FWD.

Related item:

Who’s going to judge if an axe to your head is harmful, it isn't going to hurt me or anybody else, just you. It’s called having common sense and empathy you f***in idiot. You should know when and what words and actions are gonna cause harm. You shouldn’t have to wait till it’s said and done to see the effects.
Tut tut! Hangover? :squiffy:
Still not a good look.
Oh well, I'll never learn.

Bet you can't drag this out & waste your lives through to 100 pages...

Veganism is growing worldwide. More and more people care about animal rights, their own health and the environment we live in.

This isn't something 'niche' to me. I see it as very important. I believe the way we treat animals and the environment reflects on how we are as human beings. When I read about what goes on in China's wet markets it made me feel physically sick.

What does being working class have to do with the LGBTQ movement? Has Morrissey said directly that he supports the LGBTQ movement?

You talk about Morrissey's parents being working class immigrants from the Republic of Ireland and their Catholic roots. Why does this matter to you so much? I have Irish roots myself so do many British people. Why does it matter to you about class issues and if someone has Irish blood? Morrissey's parents have lived around the Manchester area in Northern England for years. Vegetarianism has been part of Manchester for generations. It's a little-known fact that the modern vegetarian movement was founded in Greater Manchester in 1847! I used to live in Manchester. It has nothing to do with class issues being a vegetarian or a vegan. There is also a gay scene in Manchester. Are you trying to say Morrissey comes from a deprived background? Morrissey's parents are divorced like so many people's parents mine included anyway middle class and upper class people also have divorced parents. Morrissey is wealthy and successful these days and he has the means to care for his family please don't worry.

We were talking about average traditional English working-class opinions.

Pot and kettle. You always go around "explaining" moz even though you have no clue about the real deal

I always back it up with something he's said somewhere.

If you have a clue about the real deal then spill.

Morrissey's public support has collapsed because he supports an extremist group described as 'a bunch of Nazis', by Nigel Farage.

The claim that its just the Guardian or NME who are to blame is colossal nonsense; I'm not convinced the blogger believes it herself.

Morrissey's public support has collapsed because he supports an extremist group described as 'a bunch of Nazis', by Nigel Farage.
Yes, and we should always take Nigel Farage's word on anything, right?? He knows f*** all I can tell you, least about politics.

The claim that its just the Guardian or NME who are to blame is colossal nonsense; I'm not convinced the blogger believes it herself.

She does - because it's true.

You're repeating a cut n paste, social media version of the Nige story - which shows how these things happen.

Anne Marie said Nige branded her a Nazi during the UKIP leadership contest in an interview she gave after she lost. She denied she was far right 🙄 & went off to set up her own party.

There's an interesting story of crank insanity there if any hack looked deeper - but they don't. They trot out a list of Morrissey's word crimes dating back to the 70s & denounce him as toxic.

20200717_152527.jpg

20200717_154031.jpg

Your misogynistic and objectify women.

Is anyone who says "he's dimmer than he looks" by definition a misandrist, or were you just desperately grasping at a means of trying to win an internet argument??

Who’s going to judge if an axe to your head is harmful, it isn't going to hurt me or anybody else, just you. It’s called having common sense and empathy you f***in idiot. You should know when and what words and actions are gonna cause harm. You shouldn’t have to wait till it’s said and done to see the effects.

I would like to believe that empathy is what led me to the positions I stated.

I think a lot of people stand to terribly, terribly suffer in our brave new world.

People are already living in so much fear of the PC police, the Thought Police.

Terrible, terrible anxiety ...

So-called "common sense" changes over time. It seemed perfectly okay to many French after 1789 to massacre thousands upon thousands of innocent people in defence of "Liberty, Equality, Fraternity" ...

Or, in another era, ordinaryboy86, your profanity would be censored as offensive and harmful - an "outrage to public decency".

In another era, this present time of silencing "haters" - both the real ones and millions that are innocent - is going to look horrific.

What can I say, ob86? One needs a clear system of values to decide who gets silenced and who doesn't.

So-called common sense won't cut it. Because what looks like common sense to you doesn't look at all that way to other "f****** idiots" out there . . .

Better lock us all up. Lock up ordinaryboy86. Lock up Catholic. Lock up HengeBoy. Lock up Nerak. Lock up GEM. Lock up ReelFountain.

See you all in jail folks! ;).

Last edited:

I think a lot of people stand to terribly, terribly suffer in our brave new world.

So-called "common sense" changes over time. It seemed perfectly okay to many French after 1789 to massacre thousands upon thousands of innocent people in defence of "Liberty, Equality, Fraternity" ...

Or, in another era, ordinaryboy86, your profanity would be censored as offensive and harmful - an "outrage to public decency".

In another era, this present time of silencing "haters" - both the real ones and millions that are innocent - is going to look horrific.

What can I say, ob86? One needs a clear system of values to decide who gets silenced and who doesn't.

So-called common sense won't cut it. Because what looks like common sense to you doesn't look at all that way to other "f****** idiots" out there . . .

Better lock us all up. Lock up ordinaryboy86. Lock up Catholic. Lock up HengeBoy. Lock up Nerak. Lock up GEM. Lock up ReelFountain.

🤒

you are wasting your time, the guy is connected, another one for who the so called "TOS" does not apply to.:lbf:

Ordinary doesn't know what's out there - saying anything in public can lead to a hounding.

Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom