Fiona Dodwell: "Misunderstanding Morrissey: Sparks and the steady drip, drip, drip of slander" (July 15, 2020)

"One wonders whether the vocal Morrissey detractors have delved much beyond the surface of NME's clickbait headlines and the lefty identity politics of formerly reputable publications like The Guardian."

FWD.

Related item:

For Morrissey's world view is not born of hate, but of love, and his desire is almost certainly to see a world where no one is mistreated, no animal is abused, and where the right of free speech is protected and honoured for all.

Morrissey deserves the right to free speech, much like everyone with senses has the right to reject him.

This whole "Morrissey's world view" end narrative was possibly the most absurd part of an article I've ever read..

Last edited:
She made very valid points. The attacks on Morrissey are absurd. These virtue signalling sensationalists are gonna cannibalize themselves with their whole cancel culture stance. Morrissey has shown a lot of grit standing up to the trauma of social pressure and shame tactics used by these vacant souls that try to gatekeep our opinions

Not bad.

Getting to the heart of the problem.

I hope he ends his war with the mainstream media & talks to hacks again.

She made very valid points. The attacks on Morrissey are absurd. These virtue signalling sensationalists are gonna cannibalize themselves with their whole cancel culture stance. Morrissey has shown a lot of grit standing up to the trauma of social pressure and shame tactics used by these vacant souls that try to gatekeep our opinions

I agreed with a whole post of yours. 🙃

What English-speaking person did you copy and paste this from?

Let out of her box again, I see. You see, the thing about crying 'slander' is the following - take it to the court instead of whining. If you have evidence, and are confident it will stand up - test it in court. Because otherwise it's all whining about what is fair comment. Evidence of what's been said and done? Here you go...

Also - I can't believe I'm having to say this again, but his 'humanity' towards animals, as some people here said, led him to support a far-right party, who happen not to like brown people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Common sense from Dodwell. It is those who promote 'cancel culture' who are anti-humanity: authoritarian, anti-democratic, anti-free speech, intolerant, fascist.

More drivel from Morrissey’s pet poodle.

If she actually believes this crap, then she’s dimmer than she looks.

I’ve never known anyone bring out the “virtue signalling” line whose opinions I respect.

Let out of her box again, I see. You see, the thing about crying 'slander' is the following - take it to the court instead of whining. If you have evidence, and are confident it will stand up - test it in court. Because otherwise it's all whining about what is fair comment. Evidence of what's been said and done? Here you go...

@FatGayVegan/steven-patrick-morrissey-and-the-mysterious-case-of-the-disappearing-uk-fanbase-419ad5cfcfc0

Also - I can't believe I'm having to say this again, but his 'humanity' towards animals, as some people here said, led him to support a far-right party, who happen not to like brown people.

And you know - mastermind - that any party who didn't like 'brown people' would be illegal under UK law. So feel free to pass on any evidence you have of that to the electoral commission. By 'far right' you clearly mean they are against mass immigration. A perfectly valid and legal political opinion. Oh wait, it's an opinion that you don't like.

More drivel from Morrissey’s pet poodle.

If she actually believes this crap, then she’s dimmer than she looks.

She comes across petty dim and simple on her instagram posts, she’s just ketamine sun & thewlis, but with a slightly wider reach. Sad f***ers that spend their life defending Morrissey. Justifying all kinds of abhorrent behaviours. Suppose if you can stoop low enough to justify child rape, as a lot of these mozbots did, in the Spacey case, then being a racist sympathiser is no biggie.

She comes across petty dim and simple on her instagram posts, she’s just ketamine sun & thewlis, but with a slightly wider reach. Sad f***ers that spend their life defending Morrissey. Justifying all kinds of abhorrent behaviours. Suppose if you can stoop low enough to justify child rape, as a lot of these mozbots did, in the Spacey case, then being a racist sympathiser is no biggie.

There's a wilful fingers-in-ears from these people. Thinking about Fat Gay Vegan's excellent compendium above, the key question is as follows: Who was it who said and did all those things? Was it someone else?

With that in mind, their only argument is that some people should be above scrutiny, which is plainly laughable. The whole Dodwell defence falls apart.

Lol.

Fiona really triggered Ordinaryboy86 !

He’s so mad he’s gonna go on eBay right now and pay a thousand pounds on some more memorabilia related to the very artist he detests and labels as racist! :crazy:

Lol :lbf:

@FatGayVegan/steven-patrick-morrissey-and-the-mysterious-case-of-the-disappearing-uk-fanbase-419ad5cfcfc0

Could you set up a fansite for Fat Gay Vegan and spend your days there, instead of here? It's a win-win, right?

And you know - mastermind - that any party who didn't like 'brown people' would be illegal under UK law. So feel free to pass on any evidence you have of that to the electoral commission. By 'far right' you clearly mean they are against mass immigration. A perfectly valid and legal political opinion. Oh wait, it's an opinion that you don't like.

Anne Marie's problem was with religious law - so it looks a little like enjoying saying something racist under the guise of complaining about racism.

And it's difficult to sue when it's words taken out of context - that's why newspapers do it so often.

Could you set up a fansite for Fat Gay Vegan and spend your days there, instead of here? It's a win-win, right?

I don't get citing a medium article that takes the same quotes out of context as every other cut n paste article.

We all know the list of word crimes.

What English-speaking person did you copy and paste this from?

Your obsession with the Queen's English can only be perceived as white privilege and micro-aggression towards those BAME brothers and sisters who don't have English as a first language. A distraction maybe from the fact that you don't have an argument?

Lol.

Fiona really triggered Ordinaryboy86 !

He’s so mad he’s gonna go on eBay right now and pay a thousand pounds on some more memorabilia related to the very artist he detests and labels as racist! :crazy:

Lol :lbf:

I’m passionate about the history of the music of the smiths, the artefacts, the records, the posters, it’s all second hand, Morrissey doesn’t get a penny of what I spend. I don’t collect for Morrissey’s sake. But how would me being angry line up with going on eBay? (I’m not angry btw), but I don’t see how your comment makes any sense. Anger & eBay, I don’t get the connection. Can you explain this one.

Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom