Fiona Dodwell: "Misunderstanding Morrissey: Sparks and the steady drip, drip, drip of slander" (July 15, 2020)

"One wonders whether the vocal Morrissey detractors have delved much beyond the surface of NME's clickbait headlines and the lefty identity politics of formerly reputable publications like The Guardian."

FWD.

Related item:

I’m passionate about the history of the music of the smiths, the artefacts, the records, the posters, it’s all second hand, Morrissey doesn’t get a penny of what I spend. I don’t collect for Morrissey’s sake. But how would me being angry line up with going on eBay? (I’m not angry btw), but I don’t see how your comment makes any sense. Anger & eBay, I don’t get the connection. Can you explain this one.

It was a joke - because Ket thinks it's strange you spend money on a band if you think the singer & lyricist is a racist.

Free speech

White Culture.jpg

1990, eh? Couldn't find anything more up-to-date then?

Free speech

your mum takes it in the bum, there that’s free speech. Imagine all the nasty, horrible, hateful things that you’re giving people the freedom to say when you’re branding the “free speech” card, race & hate crimes can be incited, it’s not f***ing good enough to pass the shittiest and most harmful comments off as “free speech”. if your speech is harmful you should be shut the f*** up.

No matter how hard she tries Morrissey is not going to f*** her [Dodwell].

To paraphrase Moz himself: She'll never forgive God for not making her Damon.

Not bad.

Getting to the heart of the problem.

I hope he ends his war with the mainstream media & talks to hacks again.
Steve is a pretty intelligent man. Except when it comes to politics where, for some reason, he's the world's biggest f***wit. Even the dimmest of journalists can expose him as a muddled, politically illiterate idiot. This explains why Steve, a non right wing person, went out of his way to endorse a far-right party (with absolutely disastrous consequences). His refusal to do interviews suggests he finally realises how politically thick he is, and daren't risk exposing himself any further. Rolling Stone offered an interview, Steve said no questions on politics, and Rolling Stone rightly withdrew the offer. Steve is not actually a bad person or a consistently right wing person. He's just a politically very muddled and foolish person.

“upper-class white careerists” is an oxymoron.

your mum takes it in the bum, there that’s free speech. Imagine all the nasty, horrible, hateful things that you’re giving people the freedom to say when you’re branding the “free speech” card, race & hate crimes can be incited, it’s not f***ing good enough to pass the shittiest and most harmful comments off as “free speech”. if your speech is harmful you should be shut the f*** up.
You just don’t believe in free speech, no need to go apeshit about it.

If you’re going to shut down/cancel people saying things you don’t like, who decides what is allowed? Twitter mob cultural Marxist skinny fanatic woke liberals? Great

If Ms. Dodwell can translate everything Morrissey says for us idiots and simple-minded guys, who originally loved the artist's music, style and lyrics (but who are just not true fans because they don't applaud for every statement), then I would like to know exactly why the capital, in the country where I live, is the rape capital. Thanks in advance.

If you’re going to shut down/cancel people saying things you don’t like, who decides what is allowed? Twitter mob cultural Marxist skinny fanatic woke liberals? Great
Who has shut Morrissey down? Last time I looked, he was the one refusing to do interviews with anyone.

Steve is a pretty intelligent man. Except when it comes to politics where, for some reason, he's the world's biggest f***wit. Even the dimmest of journalists can expose him as a muddled, politically illiterate idiot. This explains why Steve, a non right wing person, went out of his way to endorse a far-right party (with absolutely disastrous consequences). His refusal to do interviews suggests he finally realises how politically thick he is, and daren't risk exposing himself any further. Rolling Stone offered an interview, Steve said no questions on politics, and Rolling Stone rightly withdrew the offer. Steve is not actually a bad person or a consistently right wing person. He's just a politically very muddled and foolish person.

So harsh!

But, yeah. He wouldn't survive 2 seconds in politics.

It's worth pointing out that when he mentioned For Britain, it didn't have a manifesto or any affiliations & the woman running it had been on the left.

Who has shut Morrissey down? Last time I looked, he was the one refusing to do interviews with anyone.
Why don’t you read what ordinary boy wrote ....

It's worth pointing out that when he mentioned For Britain, it didn't have a manifesto or any affiliations & the woman running it had been on the left.
But the name alone would set alarm bells ringing for a lot of people, no?

You just don’t believe in free speech, no need to go apeshit about it.

“Free speech”, why don’t you call it what it is in your mind, the right to be an arsehole with impunity, so no, I don’t believe in that. Do you think it’s ok to call someone a n***** or a puff, or a dike, to incite religious & racial wars, or the kind of “free speech” that protests against gay marriages, does all that fall within your boundaries of allowed free speech.

Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom