Fiona Dodwell: "Misunderstanding Morrissey: Sparks and the steady drip, drip, drip of slander" (July 15, 2020)

"One wonders whether the vocal Morrissey detractors have delved much beyond the surface of NME's clickbait headlines and the lefty identity politics of formerly reputable publications like The Guardian."

FWD.

Related item:

I agree with what @ordinaryboy86 says about free speech, yet I also agree with what Dodwell says in her article. And I feel pretty good about it. And I'm not an imbecille, moron etc etc, so spare me those well thought-out remarks. It is possible to think complex thoughts. You don't have to be divisive.

If Ms. Dodwell can translate everything Morrissey says for us idiots and simple-minded guys, who originally loved the artist's music, style and lyrics (but who are just not true fans because they don't applaud for every statement), then I would like to know exactly why the capital, in the country where I live, is the rape capital. Thanks in advance.

I can tell you that - Russian propaganda. It put out so many alarming stories about Germany covering up a spike in the rape statistics caused by male refugees that left-wing feminist groups I belonged to split, with some saying it was racist to talk about it & some saying it was sexist not to.

He'll have picked it up from a feminist. Probably Anne Marie. There isn't any doubt he genuinely thought women's rights were being sacrificed to avoid difficult conversations & in the UK that was actually true in some cases.

Here's an article about one of Russia's least subtle propaganda campaigns:

But the name alone would set alarm bells ringing for a lot of people, no?

It would for me - but I'm not sure it would for him considering it was run by an Irish woman & he's had identity issues for decades around being Irish & English. It might have seemed a way to integrate those things. Also, once you're immersed in something it's easy to lose perspective.

XKCD Free Speech.jpg

It would for me - but I'm not sure it would for him considering it was run by an Irish woman & he's had identity issues for decades around being Irish & English. It might have seemed a way to integrate those things. Also, once you're immersed in something it's easy to lose perspective.
Irish, queer, vegan, feminist, nostalgic for a Britain of the past. Had she been English, male, straight, macho and meat-loving he wouldn't have given the party a second thought.

Irish, queer, vegan, feminist, nostalgic for a Britain of the past. Had she been English, male, straight, macho and meat-loving he wouldn't have given the party a second thought.

Going on the evidence - I think that's absolutely true.

I agree with what @ordinaryboy86 says about free speech, yet I also agree with what Dodwell says in her article. And I feel pretty good about it. And I'm not an imbecille, moron etc etc, so spare me those well thought-out remarks. It is possible to think complex thoughts. You don't have to be divisive.

when have I ever called you a moron or an imbecile? Don’t try and predict my behaviour in regards to your post, I have no interest in what you say. Anyone with a bit of common sense on here isn’t gotta get any flack from me, even if I disagree with them, I can handle sensible & even handed debate.

I can tell you that - Russian propaganda. It put out so many alarming stories about Germany covering up a spike in the rape statistics caused by male refugees that left-wing feminist groups I belonged to split, with some saying it was racist to talk about it & some saying it was sexist not to.

He'll have picked it up from a feminist. Probably Anne Marie. There isn't any doubt he genuinely thought women's rights were being sacrificed to avoid difficult conversations & in the UK that was actually true in some cases.

Here's an article about one of Russia's least subtle propaganda campaigns:

You're blaming the rapes of German's at the hands of mass migrants as Russian propaganda? That's absurd. Rights are being sacrificed when people's countries are getting flooded with strangers who don't want to assimilate

You're blaming the rapes of German's at the hands of mass migrants as Russian propaganda? That's absurd. Rights are being sacrificed when people's countries are getting flooded with strangers who don't want to assimilate

It's Russian propaganda GEM. They were caught doing it because they want to undermine the EU. There's even evidence that they encouraged young men to migrate to Germany across borders knowing that the footage would look more like invading football crowds than people fleeing for safety.

when have I ever called you a moron or an imbecile? Don’t try and predict my behaviour in regards to your post, I have no interest in what you say. Anyone with a bit of common sense on here isn’t gotta get any flack from me, even if I disagree with them, I can handle sensible & even handed debate.
Sure

Calm the f*** down, man. I wasn't speaking to you in particular. I spoke generally, saying I agreed with you and asked not to get insulted by anyone feeling inclined to do so.

It's Russian propaganda GEM. They were caught doing it because they want to undermine the EU. There's even evidence that they encouraged young men to migrate to Germany across borders knowing that the footage would look more like invading football crowds than people fleeing for safety.
You can't blame Russia for Germany having a shameful leader who's too busy bending over for the EU in hopes people will forget about mean mr moustache by shaming German's into submission

You can't blame Russia for Germany having a shameful leader who's too busy bending over for the EU in hopes people will forget about mean mr moustache by shaming German's into submission

I don't really blame in politics, there's not much point, multiple things have usually gone wrong when there's a disaster - but there's no doubt about Russia propaganda. They don't even hide it because they want to create uncertainty; they don't need us to believe, they need us to doubt.

The EU should have had a strategy & should have realised that expecting middle-eastern countries to absorb the bulk of displaced persons in wars we were involved in was potentially not going to happen.

But still - the rape capital line came from the Kremlin.

I don't really blame in politics, there's not much point, multiple things have usually gone wrong when there's a disaster - but there's no doubt about Russia propaganda. They don't even hide it because they want to create uncertainty; they don't need us to believe, they need us to doubt.

The EU should have had a strategy & should have realised that expecting middle-eastern countries to absorb the bulk of displaced persons in wars we were involved in was potentially not going to happen.

But still - the rape capital line came from the Kremlin.
So don't Jews but you have no problem with it

EU doesn't know what they're doing. Unfortunately America and England decided we should bomb the shit out of the middle east for the last 20 yrs on behalf of a bunch of grabblers. Of course it was Israel that gave the Intel that Iraq had WMD's which was a lie

Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom