Fiona Dodwell: "Morrissey and the Death of True Diversity" - tremr.com (29 June, 2019)

Morrissey and the Death of True Diversity. - tremr
By Fiona Dodwell

Except:

"If there was doubt in anyone's mind where the modern world is headed, there isn't any more. We now have the answer. True diversity is not permitted, for if you don't agree with the loudest voices, you will be silenced; free speech is not allowed, because if you actually try and exercise your right to express yourself and others don't agree, you will be banned. Debate is over: intelligent and rational discussion is dying and we are letting it happen. Society seems to be blinded by such a desire to fit in with the herd that they are no longer willing to step outside of themselves and listen to anyone who offers another point of view."

ah9pej26ktunnzr2odrk.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
You are missing the point.

Also, she can't write and has nothing to say.

Much better Nick Cave, Noel Gallagher etc.

Moz is really looking weak. His interviews show a man out of step.

I suspect you dislike Sam and Dodwell more because they are unashamedly supporting Moz without apology, because to say in the same sentence it's more worthy to hear from Gallagher....Why?? You think he puts forward any intelligent debate? Or just matters more because people know his name?

Don't get me wrong I'm not losing sleep over whether Sam or Fiona ever write anything again but there is no harm in people trying to put supportive arguments for Mozza out there, imo

If you don't like them, it has as much to do with Mozza. He allows Sam to write stuff for him & look after his sites. And Mozza agreed to be interviewed by Fiona twice and let her write his liner notes...I'm guessing he is alright with them both and maybe recognises them as kind faces in a sea full of sharks.

If I was Mozza I'd take any support he might get. I dont see any harm

Much better Nick Cave, Noel Gallagher etc.
Problem is neither of them have actually said Morrissey is right, just that he shouldn't be banned from speaking. Which no-one at all seems to disagree with. But Morrissey is interested in having his views affirmed, which is why he has to resort to nobodies who will do as he tells them.

Problem is neither of them have actually said Morrissey is right, just that he shouldn't be banned from speaking. Which no-one at all seems to disagree with. But Morrissey is interested in having his views affirmed, which is why he has to resort to nobodies who will do as he tells them.

Really? Even though an MP has said that he shouldn't visit his home city. And a complaint from one commuter was able to stop him from promoting his album.

Just cos you're a Morrissey fan, it doesn't mean you always have to pick on a minority. There might only be one poster who thinks this thread is about Morrissey's favourite albums, but who's to say he's not right and it's everyone else who is mistaken.

Just cos you're a Morrissey fan, it doesn't mean you always have to pick on a minority. There might only be one poster who thinks this thread is about Morrissey's favourite albums, but who's to say he's not right and it's everyone else who is mistaken.

What are you talking about?

Some of my best friends are people who claim to hate Morrissey but still buy his records or obsessively visit this site on a daily basis.

:cool:

Edit: Trill is one of them.

Last edited:
Really? Even though an MP has said that he shouldn't visit his home city. And a complaint from one commuter was able to stop him from promoting his album.
Yeah, but that's not about banning anyone from speaking. It's just about no-one being obliged to support Morrissey. Stop being such a bleedin' snowflake.

is Morrissey an escaped goat or a social pirhana,haha well it is Saturday night.

One for Fiona !!!! :rock::thumb:

One for Soviet Britain ....

And least but not last,

One for Trill .....

:p

:thumb:

Yeah, but that's not about banning anyone from speaking. It's just about no-one being obliged to support Morrissey. Stop being such a bleedin' snowflake.

Yes, but harassment may curtail someone’s freedom of speech, or make them think twice before expressing themselves. Though, Morrissey is not the kind to back down so easily in spite
of the false accusations being so lightly thrown at him.

I suspect you dislike Sam and Dodwell more because they are unashamedly supporting Moz without apology, because to say in the same sentence it's more worthy to hear from Gallagher....Why?? You think he puts forward any intelligent debate? Or just matters more because people know his name?

Don't get me wrong I'm not losing sleep over whether Sam or Fiona ever write anything again but there is no harm in people trying to put supportive arguments for Mozza out there, imo

If you don't like them, it has as much to do with Mozza. He allows Sam to write stuff for him & look after his sites. And Mozza agreed to be interviewed by Fiona twice and let her write his liner notes...I'm guessing he is alright with them both and maybe recognises them as kind faces in a sea full of sharks.

If I was Mozza I'd take any support he might get. I dont see any harm

Very simple they aren't hired hands they also have an audience and influence. Sam and Fiona play to the gallery. It makes Moz look very weak. I'm not being rude but if you can't see that you are being stupid.
Can you not remeber the position he used to hold?

Everyone knows Sam, fiona, James and the manager are paid for or yes men.

It makes Moz look weak as hell relying on them. It makes Fiona look desperate always being an apologist.
It's like she just waits lurking for any Moz news to jump on. She isn't a very good writer, she has no original perspective, she has no influence. It's pointless.
We all know Sam and James have no expistance outside of Moz.

:thumb:

Yes, but harassment may curtail someone’s freedom of speech, or make them think twice before expressing themselves.
You can call it harassment (just because you do, doesn't mean it is) or you can call it criticism. Either way, it's everyone's right.

You can call it harassment (just because you do, doesn't mean it is) or you can call it criticism. Either way, it's everyone's right.

Yes agree, people have mistakenly called it criticism or even ... journalism, but of course it doesn’t mean they’re right.

Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom