Fiona Dodwell: "Morrissey and the Silent Majority" (June 4, 2020)

Morrissey and the Silent Majority.
Fiona Dodwell / tremr - June 4, 2020.

"The artist who tackled social injustice, the meat markets of China and police corruption 20 years ago, finally seems to have his ideas embraced by the mainstream media and population: so why has he been condemned all these years?"

Regards,
FWD.

What a load of tosh. What a load of paid-for-content tosh. What a load of fitting the current knowledge to past events tosh. It's an absolute mystery why he can't sell anything these days, isn't it?

She's really suggesting that all the things said herein...

...are embraced by the 'mainstream', whatever that is? Of course not.

A smoke-up-the-ringpiece, paid-for piece of utter tosh

Last edited by a moderator:
Fiona with the truth once again.

:cool:

Not her worst.

Although - silent majority is used to mean the public silently supporting right-wing policies that trendy progressives hate - so anyone looking at the headline will think the article is saying that Morrissey shares the right-wing opinions of the silent majority, when in fact she's saying that it's trendy progressives who are silent on issues if they think it will affect their career.

And while I don't think Anne Marie will have any impact on anything at all - For Britain is a terrible party. Its branding, its policies, its far right affiliations, its belief that 'birth rates' will cause Sharia Law to be introduced into the UK, singling out a religious group in its campaigning - you can mount a defence that he doesn't understand that's what he's supporting. I'd even mount a defence that Anne Marie doesn't understand what she's peddling (because going by her videos I'm not sure she really does). But I wouldn't wave the party past.

He hasn't mentioned them for a while - so I think he has doubts. Putting out a statement that he doesn't support them & never would have if he'd thought through all of the implications would do him more good than Fiona's sweet waffle.

(I apologise for all the posts - I've got a script to work on & it's either this or doing the dishes).

Morrissey and the Silent Majority.
Fiona Dodwell / tremr - June 4, 2020.

"The artist who tackled social injustice, the meat markets of China and police corruption 20 years ago, finally seems to have his ideas embraced by the mainstream media and population: so why has he been condemned all these years?"
What absolute bollocks. Morrissey has never 'tackled' anything in his life, unless your definition of the word 'tackled' now encompasses 'moaning about various things in a vague sort of way in a few interviews.' And to claim that he has 'ideas' on social injustice etc is just laughable. All he does is go 'boo, hiss' at things of which he doesn't approve. He offers no insight, no analysis, no way forward as to how we might 'tackle' those issues, just a lot harumphing from the sidelines coupled with reposting videos from various asinine alt-right Youtubers.

What a load of tosh. What a load of paid-for-content tosh. What a load of fitting the current knowledge to past events tosh. It's an absolute mystery why he can't sell anything these days, isn't it?

@FatGayVegan/steven-patrick-morrissey-and-the-mysterious-case-of-the-disappearing-uk-fanbase-419ad5cfcfc0

I really love that you spend your time and venom on here - really entertaining? what a tool???

What absolute bollocks. Morrissey has never 'tackled' anything in his life, unless your definition of the word 'tackled' now encompasses 'moaning about various things in a vague sort of way in a few interviews.' And to claim that he has 'ideas' on social injustice etc is just laughable. All he does is go 'boo, hiss' at things of which he doesn't approve. He offers no insight, no analysis, no way forward as to how we might 'tackle' those issues, just a lot harumphing from the sidelines coupled with reposting videos from various asinine alt-right Youtubers.

What he does and doesn’t do is enough.

Those that really listen to the songs will hear and then know what page he’s on.

It's mostly true.

Fans don’t need to read Fiona’s article to know that Morrissey has always touched on subjects that everyday people are now being concerned with when it touches their own lives. Especially the subject of China’s brutality to animals, it’s wet markets most likely being the source and cause of the virus, and eating animals in general.

The definition of tackled would encompass that - highlighting things can be enough. Sinead O'Connor ripping up a picture of the Pope did nothing to explain child abuse within the church & provided no solution - it also ended her mainstream career. But she did tackle the subject by putting it onto the media's radar.

?

VERY GOOD REPORTING BY FIONA?

please have MozPorium make sure Skinny is not using
a pseud to buy merchandise. the merchandise is
only for fans not for twats. its selling out almost instantaneously
and we dont want hoarding hate knobs?

@FatGayVegan/steven-patrick-morrissey-and-the-mysterious-case-of-the-disappearing-uk-fanbase-419ad5cfcfc0

Medium.com only purpose is to post lefty loon Islamic stupidity on the internet. ?

It's mostly true.
She doesn’t, actually, do Morrissey justice: The article is full of faux naivety.

Nevertheless the achievement of the article might be a rare one—pissing off both sides of the Morrissey debate.

Morrissey took real risks, and risks have consequences. I love him for that, but the risks without consequences (she feels he deserves) are not really risks at all.

I've finally figured out who your posts remind me of: Professor Yaffle from Bagpuss.

From now on I shall be reading your posts in that voice, which might make it all slightly more amusing.

Normally can't stand Dodwell's sycophantic writing, but she does have half a point (no more) in this article.

She doesn’t, actually, do Morrissey justice: The article is full of faux naivety.

Nevertheless the achievement of the article might be a rare one—pissing off both sides of the Morrissey debate.

Morrissey took real risks, and risks have consequences. I love him for that, but the risks without consequences (she feels he deserves) are not really risks at all.

She writes gothic romances - it could be a lot worse!

I don't mind her - but I may as well leave some points lying about the place, there's always a chance someone will pick them up. :ahhh:

By the way - leaving aside the ludicrous paid-for-content of this 'article', can anyone point out where he 'tackled' the issue of Chinese meat markets 20 years ago?

By the way - leaving aside the ludicrous paid-for-content of this 'article', can anyone point out where he 'tackled' the issue of Chinese meat markets 20 years ago?

No, because it was 10 years ago, not 20. And it wasn't meat markets, per se.

"If anyone has seen the horrific and unwatchable footage of the Chinese cat and dog trade – animals skinned alive – then they could not possibly argue in favour of China as a caring nation. There are no animal protection laws in China and this results in the worst animal abuse and cruelty on the planet. It is indefensible."

Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom