Fiona Dodwell: "Morrissey and the Silent Majority" (June 4, 2020)

Morrissey and the Silent Majority.
Fiona Dodwell / tremr - June 4, 2020.

"The artist who tackled social injustice, the meat markets of China and police corruption 20 years ago, finally seems to have his ideas embraced by the mainstream media and population: so why has he been condemned all these years?"

Regards,
FWD.

The reality is that he hasn't been condemned all these years. He was celebrated and fawned over by the indie world (papers, DJs, night clubs, websites etc.) for over 30 years culminating in his most successful UK tour ever in early 2018. It's only in the past two years that there has been mass desertion and widespread condemnation, when he unbelievably idiotically urged everyone (via his website, and wearing their badge in front of millions) to vote for a far-right political party. Tax cuts for the rich, abolishment of inheritance tax, massive increase in military expenditure, axe all environmental taxes - basically a British version of Donald Trump's politics. They are the antithesis of everything that M and the Smiths ever stood for, hence mass abandonment of fanbase. Quarry UK sales, 400,000. High School, 40,000, Dog on a String probably less than 10,000.

"To some, Morrissey has been labelled as “racist” because he has publicly offered his support to a fringe political party that appears to be mostly concerned with fighting against the mistreatment of women due to religion, opposing such barbaric practises as female genital mutilation. They also stand against animal cruelty – such as the inhumane practise of Halal or Kosher meat."

Oh yeah, I'm sure these are the same reasons that all the outraged, knuckle dragging Aryan supermen and women joined up!

"To some, Morrissey has been labelled as “racist” because he has publicly offered his support to a fringe political party that appears to be mostly concerned with fighting against the mistreatment of women due to religion, opposing such barbaric practises as female genital mutilation. They also stand against animal cruelty – such as the inhumane practise of Halal or Kosher meat."

Oh yeah, I'm sure these are the same reasons that all the outraged, knuckle dragging Aryan supermen and women joined up!
Indeed. I've said this time and time again. If he wanted to stand against animal cruelty, he could have joined the Greens or Lib Dems. But no. He went for the ones that don't like brown people. Now why would that be?

Indeed. I've said this time and time again. If he wanted to stand against animal cruelty, he could have joined the Greens or Lib Dems. But no. He went for the ones that don't like brown people. Now why would that be?

Excellent point.

The reality is that he hasn't been condemned all these years. He was celebrated and fawned over by the indie world (papers, DJs, night clubs, websites etc.) for over 30 years culminating in his most successful UK tour ever in early 2018. It's only in the past two years that there has been mass desertion and widespread condemnation, when he unbelievably idiotically urged everyone (via his website, and wearing their badge in front of millions) to vote for a far-right political party. Tax cuts for the rich, abolishment of inheritance tax, massive increase in military expenditure, axe all environmental taxes - basically a British version of Donald Trump's politics. They are the antithesis of everything that M and the Smiths ever stood for, hence mass abandonment of fanbase. Quarry UK sales, 400,000. High School, 40,000, Dog on a String probably less than 10,000.
Bullshit: there was little celebration or fawning about Morrissey between 1992 and 2002. One Melody Maker journalist, I challenged about the lack of positivity, told me the dice has been cast—they were indeed in the business of f***ing him over.

By the way - leaving aside the ludicrous paid-for-content of this 'article', can anyone point out where he 'tackled' the issue of Chinese meat markets 20 years ago?

Do you have any proof whatsoever that Morrissey pays Fiona to write her pieces about him?

No, of course you don’t; yet you persist in repeating the accusation as fact.

Says a lot about you; just like your daily posts on here. You only start a topic if it’s something negative about Morrissey, & if it’s something positive, you’re the first to jump in with a negative comment.

Is somebody paying you? Oh yeh, probably the disability payments you receive for being a mental defect unfit for even gathering the trolleys in Morrison’s car park.

P.s: I don’t think Morrissey condemned the CHINESE wet markets specifically 20 years ago, but he did at least 9 years ago, & has been a champion for the ethical treatment of animals for decades, you petty little pedant.

Morrissey is not a knuckle-dragging aryan superman.

Only complete Idiots use the term “Silent Majority“. So I’m not surprised to see it here.

Not its belief that 'birth rates' will cause Sharia Law to be introduced into the UK, singling out a religious group in its campaigning.

What’s incorrect about that? Muslims have a vastly higher birth rate than indigenous Europeans.

By the way - leaving aside the ludicrous paid-for-content of this 'article', can anyone point out where he 'tackled' the issue of Chinese meat markets 20 years ago?
Such a twat

1591288205776.png

What’s incorrect about that? Muslims have a vastly higher birth rate than indigenous Europeans.

Being born doesn't mean you're going to grow up to want Sharia Law introduced.

Assuming you know the ideological opinions of the unborn & therefore you have to make sure they're not born in your country is extremely dodgy. To say the least.

His favourite sycophantic paid lackey is trotted out to point out exactly those things he instructs her to.
He doesn't speak out, he doesn't stand up. Can't even do a face to face live interview.

He's a villain and a conman. 04/06/2020.

His favourite sycophantic paid lackey is trotted out to point out exactly those things he instructs her to.
He doesn't speak out, he doesn't stand up. Can't even do a face to face live interview.

He's a villain and a conman. 04/06/2020.

He's a singer & a writer.

Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom