Fiona Dodwell: "The poet without a home: Morrissey has been let down by the music industry" (May 31, 2021)

The poet without a home: Morrissey has been let down by the music industry

It seems inconceivable to his fans that Morrissey still has yet to find a label to work with on his upcoming record, Bonfire of Teenagers.

Now linked to by Central (June 1, 2021)

Regards,
FWD.

Why would Morrissey,
a Gemini (yes, I know :crazy:)
want to work with a record label even though all he does is find fault with every one he's ever worked with, thus providing him an easy scapegoat for all problems and issues, as well as a built in adversary that he's overcome when things are going well? The answer is in the question.
In addition to wanting to make "real records" like the ones he bought when he was a kid, I believe he also wants a scapegoat to blame all, I won't say "failures" but problems, on. And this isn't some plan he has or even a weakness. To him it's just how things are. He always knows what's best and any other opinion must therefore be wrong.ekse
When things go well it's in spite of all odds and when things go badly it's because other people would not do things his way.
:rolleyes:
Oi
'he wants a scapegoat for failures or maybe not failure but
'problems'.o_O
'to simplify, he want a scapegoat for failures as well as for success, failures and non failures.:straightface:'
got it so far? then lets carry on....

here is the key:
he also doesnt want a scapegoat!!doh:
(say what , FC?):windchime:
to him its not a plan or a weakness so there is no
original WANTING of scapegoats or anything
else... i F'ed up this psycho babble :hammer:

I liked Dog a lot too and am hoping that Bonfire gets released sooner or later. But Morrissey is 62-year-old man with the delusions of still being able to have hits as easily as artists 40 years younger. He is known for wanting a huge advance, has a well-earned reputation of falling out with companies and publicly slagging them off, usually refuses to do promotion -- and when he does, he never comes across well, to say the least. Plus of course his toxic views of lately.

Now, I call myself a Morrissey fan, but if I was the A & R boss of a major label, I'd think very hard if I really wanted to sign him. Getting the idea across to shareholders wouldn't be that easy either. And if I ran a smaller label, then he wouldn't be interested in me.

It also seems that the figure Dodwell worships is the one who wrote Kid's a Looker, Journalists Who Lie and Get Off the Stage, because her latest plateful of triple pretty much recycles all those "insights". Neither Morrissey or Dodwell really know anything about modern pop music or media.
:mad:
"a 'skinny ' Moz fan" where you hate on him but at same time
obssesed by him:hammer:

No, not correct.

He supported her because she said the media was smearing her as a racist because she'd talked about things like fgm - she'd also been posting a lot about animal rights on her Facebook - which is probably where one of his relatives found her.

Hadley Freeman had called him a racist for denouncing halal slaughter in 2016 & he found it confusing when he's against all slaughter. So - Anne Marie's claims resonated.

If borders mattered to him he wouldn't have preferred Jeremy Corbyn over Theresa May in 2017.

He's obsessed with veganism - unfortunately the press find it completely boring & try to make him fit into hot topics like immigration or Me Too which he has almost no interest in.
Blah, blah, blah BUT... AMW and For Britain are a racist party! You can dress them up all you want, but you're talking about an organisation that is made up of ex-BNP members, Generation Identity, Holocaust deniers, etc., that he himself urged his fans to support under the guide that they are the only true party that cares about Britain! I'm sorry, but all of the mental gymnastics that Morrissey fans do to deny and rationalise this is astounding! If it looks like a duck, the duck's a f***ing xenophobic prick.

Blah, blah, blah BUT... AMW and For Britain are a racist party! You can dress them up all you want, but you're talking about an organisation that is made up of ex-BNP members, Generation Identity, Holocaust deniers, etc., that he himself urged his fans to support under the guide that they are the only true party that cares about Britain! I'm sorry, but all of the mental gymnastics that Morrissey fans do to deny and rationalise this is astounding! If it looks like a duck, the duck's a f***ing xenophobic prick.

You're the ones that have to edit out nearly everything he says to maintain your bullsh*t.

For instance - he backed Jeremy Corbyn over Theresa May in the 2017 general election because of fox hunting.

20210226_001708.jpg

He hated Trump & was a fan of vegan & civil rights campaigner Dick Gregory.

20210531_201357.jpg

If immigration was his issue he would have favoured May & Trump - he didn't.

The politicians & activists he backs have animals rights stances in common.

You're the ones that have to edit out nearly everything he says to maintain your bullsh*t.

For instance - he backed Jeremy Corbyn over Theresa May in the 2017 general election because of fox hunting.

View attachment 72890

View attachment 72891

That's great. Hitler loved animals and he turned out to be kind of shitty. What's your point? Other than the fact that he's actually not very smart?

View attachment 72890

View attachment 72891

You're a non-thinking drone and a joke.

He ended up at a party too racist for Nigel Farage, populated by well known racists. He could have gone for the Greens, or even Lib Dems if he cared primarily about animal rights, but he went for the one who don't like brown people. That was his choice, no one else's.

The negative comments on here seem to be made by folk who haven't actually read the article? It is very supportive of M, and there is nothing to be upset about [even for the more rabid of his fans].

I do agree with Uncleskinny and Anonymousss. His current situation is entirely of his own making. It isn't as if he's never heard of 'made your bed you better lie in it' now is it?

He ended up at a party too racist for Nigel Farage, populated by well known racists. He could have gone for the Greens, or even Lib Dems if he cared primarily about animal rights, but he went for the one who don't like brown people. That was his choice, no one else's.
:handpointup:
OY FFS this is the same dumb drone post you
post continuously:mad:
a brainless skinny parody of skinny:hammer:

The negative comments on here seem to be made by folk who haven't actually read the article? It is very supportive of M, and there is nothing to be upset about [even for the more rabid of his fans].

I do agree with Uncleskinny and Anonymousss. His current situation is entirely of his own making. It isn't as if he's never heard of 'made your bed you better lie in it' now is it?
The negative comments are because she's just sucking up to Morrissey and people like her are just enabling his downfall.

That's great. Hitler loved animals and he turned out to be kind of shitty. What's your point? Other than the fact that he's actually not very smart?

Are you calling Jeremy Corbyn & Dick Gregory Hitler?

You're not very smart yourself.

As sure as night follows day, here she comes with another sack of doggerel...
As sure as night follows day, here comes you with your dull axe to grind.

You are literally the yin to Finona's yang.

You're repeating a tired line from people who hadn't noticed he supported the Animal Welfare Party & Jeremy Corbyn because you hate him for personal reasons.

And yet again you're using racist language to support a lie.

The only person who has let him down is himself. Who said all those things he said? Someone else? Why oh why oh why doesn't his product sell any more? Could it possibly be that the buying public are voting with their wallets? I do believe they are. And no amount of sixth-form hogwash is going to change that.
Morrissey is doing 5 nights in Vegas with a capacity of 4200.
The last time The Smiths played Manchester was in 1986 at the Free Trade Hall which held about half that.. and that was 1 show.

Are you SURE people are voting with their wallets?

Record sales mean nothing in the streaming age where albums are basically free.

Concert tickets are real money and lead to merch sales which is more real money. Morrissey at 62 is still more successful than The Smiths ever were in terms of revenue. The people are still voting for him.

Morrissey is doing 5 nights in Vegas with a capacity of 4200.
The last time The Smiths played Manchester was in 1986 at the Free Trade Hall which held about half that.. and that was 1 show.

Are you SURE people are voting with their wallets?

Record sales mean nothing in the streaming age where albums are basically free.

Concert tickets are real money and lead to merch sales which is more real money. Morrissey at 62 is still more successful than The Smiths ever were in terms of revenue. The people are still voting for him.

Whilst the Colosseum does indeed have a capacity of 4100, it's worth bearing in mind that the uppermost 'mezzanine overhang' (as they refer to it) has not been opened to sale. If you check the unsold tickets (https://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/770791?venueId=467930 and pick a date) things aren't looking great on the ticket sales front at the moment.
I believe the whole Las Vegas venture is a misstep. I just don't feel that the average LV punter is likely to be a Morrissey fan and I don't think these gigs will do half as well as similar ones in LA or NY have in the past.

Is it fair to berate Morrissey for not having sold very many tickets for his Vegas residency in August when there is a pandemic going on? A pandemic we are only now beginning to see the end of? Have people been willing to buy tickets for shows? Any shows, I mean. I sure haven't dared for fear of cancellations and further restrictions.

:spaceinvader:Whilst the Colosseum does indeed have a capacity of 4100, it's worth bearing in mind that the uppermost 'mezzanine overhang' (as they refer to it) has not been opened to sale. If you check the unsold tickets (https://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/770791?venueId=467930 and pick a date) things aren't looking great on the ticket sales front at the moment.
I believe the whole Las Vegas venture is a misstep. I just don't feel that the average LV punter is likely to be a Morrissey fan and I don't think these gigs will do half as well as similar ones in LA or NY have in the past.
Upper 'mezzanine' only holds a couple of hundred he is stii doing x 4 than the last smiths show,:hammer:

No
Are you calling Jeremy Corbyn & Dick Gregory Hitler?

You're not very smart yourself.
No, you bloody dimwit! I was specifically referring to AMW, Tommy Robinson, For Britain, and all of their ilk. Please, Karen, how many sets of pommel horse do you have in your house??

Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom