Fiona Dodwell / Tremr.com: "Muslims stand with Morrissey" (December 5, 2019)

fzeypcwebfne3z9iaqjy.jpg

Excerpt:

"The upcoming Morrissey exhibition, "To Morrissey, With Love," shows us that the perpetually offended are wasting their time...

There has been a constant carousel of headlines about Morrissey in recent years, and unfortunately much of them have not been about the music - which is still captivating his audience across the globe. Instead of the lavish praise kindly afforded to some performers in the music industry (merely for just being there and turning up, it seems) Morrissey has faced constant criticisms, usually created by those who have misunderstood the man and his meanings – or perhaps, more sinisterly, those who want to paint him in this light for the sake of selling a story. "

https://www.tremr.com/Fiona-Dodwell/muslims-stand-with-morrissey

Regards,
FWD.

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
There might be a load of people in between. I don't hate or 100% love Moz. His voice, when singing, is better than ever. His voice, in interviews, makes it harder to be a fan. But I think thats ok. I'm not living with him. We don't have to agree on what to watch on TV on a Friday night.
ok.

Good article with some decent points.

I particularly agree with her on the fact that it’s always middle-class white people taking it upon themselves to feel outraged & offended on the behalf of minorities. It’s so clear that most of these smug types - with their feelings of superiority - feel that these minorities are beneath them & are therefore incapable of defending or speaking up for themselves. I find it extremely patronising.

Yes, the woke generation are a loud-mouth, approval-hungry joke - essentially children that have grown up with their faces glued so permanently to the screens of their devices that they’ve barely looked up at the actual world they exist in - that don’t care about facts, details or context, only about appearing to be on the right-on side of any argument, whilst harvesting those all-important likes & shares on social media. It’s really infantile &, I agree with Fiona: what’s shocking is that there aren’t more people with the power of critical thought on planet Earth in 2019.
Being outraged about perceived discrimination is the new religion.
Like all religion, if you dare to disagree you are a heretic and must be punished and silenced.

L O L :laughing:

Still digging the hole deeper just like Prince Andrew. ("Yes Mummy it went down really well")

:popcorn:Fantastic entertainment all round. Keep it up Steve :thumb:

Never thought I'd say this but even reading the site-whacko-nut-job's posts (aka KetchupBum)
Is also equally entertaining. :rofl:

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

I particularly agree with her on the fact that it’s always middle-class white people taking it upon themselves to feel outraged & offended on the behalf of minorities. It’s so clear that most of these smug types - with their feelings of superiority - feel that these minorities are beneath them & are therefore incapable of defending or speaking up for themselves. I find it extremely patronising.

Yes, the woke generation are a loud-mouth, approval-hungry joke - essentially children that have grown up with their faces glued so permanently to the screens of their devices that they’ve barely looked up at the actual world they exist in - that don’t care about facts, details or context, only about appearing to be on the right-on side of any argument, whilst harvesting those all-important likes & shares on social media. It’s really infantile &, I agree with Fiona: what’s shocking is that there aren’t more people with the power of critical thought on planet Earth in 2019.
Screen Shot 2019-12-05 at 10.15.35 PM.png

So many generalizations here. You must be a dinosaur who does not experience variety in your day to day life. Go out more and interact.

Not a bad article for Fiona! No hack is going to care about the photo exhibition, but he probably really does hate being called a racist & he probably really is only worried about injustices done in the name of religion & there has been a ridiculous overreaction to him. He does need to learn that you can't wade into big news debates without really thinking about what you mean esp if what you're saying echoes things that racists are saying though & I wish someone in his team would drum that into him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damage assessment in full flight. What a hypocritical racist narcissist will do for fame and money! Turd without a doubt and getting his lackeys to polish. Whilst sitting in his ivory tower not interacting with anyone let alone a Muslim. Next up, photos of his face with animals and various deceased superstars - or anyone he doesn't have to pay or who will answer back - to elude to him looking like a lovely big star. I 100% don't buy.

The only turd in the room is you you drama queen par flatulence you write like you are being castrated by a sabre tooth tiger. Wake up, shower, pull yourself together and give up the putrid comments that show you up as a never was lump of pretentious hippo droppings. Love Moz hate war.

STFU, Fiona.

I'm back in London for a few days, so I put a prayer for Moz in the book at the Middle-East shrine, Immaculate Conception, Farm Street. If anyone can guide him to be more careful with his words, it's the Jesuits.

Why do some people insist on describing Dodwell as a journalist when she is, in fact, a blogger? She struts like a peacock in her role as unofficial, official Morrissey PR but illustrates none of the grace.

What dreadful fakery. Why am I not surprised? Has Dodwell, or Morrissey for that matter, asked every Muslim on the planet their view on whether they stand with Morrissey, are against Morrissey or are just ambivalent about Morrissey? I go so far as to say some will never have heard of him.

So, that bold claim “Muslims stand with Morrissey” is at best wishful thinking.

“(this) response from us at the gallery, and the artistic community in Ras Al Khaimah”. I ask again, is that everyone at the art gallery (even the maintenance staff?) and all artists in Ras Al Khaimah?

To summarise: some Morrissey fans have decided to set up and exhibition of Morrissey photos, some of those fans happen to be Muslim and some have an opinion on Morrissey’s views.

I'm back in London for a few days, so I put a prayer for Moz in the book at the Middle-East shrine, Immaculate Conception, Farm Street. If anyone can guide him to be more careful with his words, it's the Jesuits.

I feel sorry for London.

What dreadful fakery. Why am I not surprised? Has Dodwell, or Morrissey for that matter, asked every Muslim on the planet their view on whether they stand with Morrissey, are against Morrissey or are just ambivalent about Morrissey? I go so far as to say some will never have heard of him.

“(this) response from us at the gallery, and the artistic community in Ras Al Khaimah”. I ask again, is that everyone at the art gallery (even the maintenance staff?) and all artists in Ras Al Khaimah?

To summarise: some Morrissey fans have decided to set up and exhibition of Morrissey photos, some of those fans happen to be Muslim and some have an opinion on Morrissey’s views.

To summarise: you are obsessed with trying to prove Morrissey is a racist.

To summarise: you are obsessed with trying to prove Morrissey is a racist.

Obsessed indeed.

The Skinny needs to realise:

Moz is now
A central part
Of your mind's landscape
Whether you care
Or do not

When you sleep
Moz will creep
Into your thoughts
Like a bad debt
That you can't pay
Take the easy way
And give in
Yeah, and let him in

PEEPS, its the Guardian that is a blog, that can even pay its own bandwith. :censored:
what losers.:angry:

all day they spend begging for handouts from their riff raff readers. we demand you give us 10 percent of your
Dole cheque. WE DEMAND YOU GIVE US 10 PERCENT of your monthly DOLE:swear:swear

give give give:ahhh:

what worthless twats, the Guardian.doh:

To summarise: Morrissey has asked every muslim on the planet their view on whether they stand with Morrissey.

Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom