Fiona Dodwell / Tremr.com: "Muslims stand with Morrissey" (December 5, 2019)

fzeypcwebfne3z9iaqjy.jpg

Excerpt:

"The upcoming Morrissey exhibition, "To Morrissey, With Love," shows us that the perpetually offended are wasting their time...

There has been a constant carousel of headlines about Morrissey in recent years, and unfortunately much of them have not been about the music - which is still captivating his audience across the globe. Instead of the lavish praise kindly afforded to some performers in the music industry (merely for just being there and turning up, it seems) Morrissey has faced constant criticisms, usually created by those who have misunderstood the man and his meanings – or perhaps, more sinisterly, those who want to paint him in this light for the sake of selling a story. "

https://www.tremr.com/Fiona-Dodwell/muslims-stand-with-morrissey

Regards,
FWD.

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Because you don't really get it. What they were about, the culture, Britain, the references.....you think you do, but you don't.

why is this important? Anyone who connected with or like the Smiths, got them. Doesn’t matter where they are or when they discovered them. You’re being rather petty.

You UK cucks need to take your babushakas to the laundry FFS:lbf:
Swedish!

The only people smart enough to stay neutral. Alpha males are monkeys prepared to die. Smart killers are never found.

You need to think about this for a second (max attention span of an american).

... and then there’s you. Let’s call you the 14th type as it’s a family show.

I was just trying to be pleasant. Not usual behaviour on this site, I know. But it does highlight another noticeable common factor; how comments are perceived by users on here. I understand why ppl have their guard up all the time, to the point of teetering on being combative though, in this particular tainted environment.
I meant no harm.

Is that why you americans lost every war and even lied about winning one or two where masses of dead losers were shipped back home?

You look to China for the things that you need and your meds are canadian.

LOL

You look alright in that red canada goose jacket!

:rolleyes:

you are not doing so good when your cars look like washing machines.:straightface:

you are not doing so good when your cars look like washing machines.:straightface:
American cars made in God knows where you mean?

Again, this is not the 80's and you americans became too rich and lazy and time ran away from you. Time to wake up after a lifetime of sleeping.

In a way the americans have developed their cars going from waterbeds on wheels to washing machines. But the latest trend where they look like a travel kit to store your soap in doesn't get my approval.

Soccer moms still choose Volvo.

I was just trying to be pleasant. Not usual behaviour on this site, I know. But it does highlight another noticeable common factor; how comments are perceived by users on here. I understand why ppl have their guard up all the time, to the point of teetering on being combative though, in this particular tainted environment.
I meant no harm.
Sorry. I think this site is making me cynical. I’m starting to bark at everything.

Because you don't really get it. What they were about, the culture, Britain, the references.....you think you do, but you don't.
Imagine, in the year 2019, trying to act as a gatekeeper for The Smiths. A band that is universally beloved and, believe it or not, understood in many places as far away from England as geographically possible. You have the intellect of a shoe.

I wish Americans had never discovered The Smiths. They ruined it for everyone.

:lbf:

I feel the same way about the British discovering American blues and pop music.

Stones, Beatles never understood it, totally ruined it for everyone.

Imagine, in the year 2019, trying to act as a gatekeeper for The Smiths. A band that is universally beloved and, believe it or not, understood in many places as far away from England as geographically possible. You have the intellect of a shoe.

Yere, cuz a kid in Chile will understand who Bernard Bresslaw is. Right.

UK not doing good when they welcome Islam while declaring war on having to get jobs.:straightface:
Islam can blow up half of London and :ahhh:everyone goes :turban:, a proposal for a dip in the dole results in WW 3
combustible state of affairs over at the Uncle Ben clock..:rage:

The VOICE still touches

regardless.

Which is the point of music.

I never cared about what the Smiths were, or Morrissey is, all about and don't feel the need to 'get' any of it, or to 'buy into it', to be honest.

If 'getting it' is the root cause of all the nastiness we see on here (which appears to be the case), then I'm definitely still not interested; the rest of you who reckon you 'get it' & have bought into it, can all crack on for all I care. Too deep & analytical (& meaningless) for my liking.

Despite the legal wranglings, which was their business - none of ours, I just love their music; the Marr guitar, the Joyce drums, the Rourke bass, & of course, Moz's voice, style of delivery, & his clever lyrical wizardry, which to my mind are all beyond compare.

Get past the politics & enjoy the music.

:lbf:

I feel the same way about the British discovering American blues and pop music.

Stones, Beatles never understood it, totally ruined it for everyone.

I recall that Little Richard once asked Paul McCartney if he was still copying him. McCartney replied “Everyone is still copying you”. The latter was quite correct and entertaining; the former is a genius who I love but can never quite get.

I recall that Little Richard once asked Paul McCartney if he was still copying him. McCartney replied “Everyone is still copying you”. The latter was quite correct and entertaining; the former is a genius who I love but can never quite get.

Yes to prove my point, Paul can be inspired by (copy) Little Richards but he doesn’t need to understand all the details or issues in American culture.

Same way Morrissey’s voice has saved millions, the same million don’t need
to know what ‘palare’ is, etc.

Actually not knowing is part of what draws the listener in.

It's a tragic side-effect of his petty, narrow nationalism. A shoe has its use. Hoffman has none. If he seethes, that's because he knows this to be true. Ignore him, he'll just seethe. It's the only thing he does...not even adequately at that.

Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom