First date etiquette

Hellie

Lost
Is it ok to sleep with someone on the first date? My potential date has asked me if its okay and am torn between slapping him and saying.." oh go on then" :lbf:

it seems to be a normal thing that people do. if you want to, go for it. if not, don't. freak what you feel.

Is it ok to sleep with someone on the first date? My potential date has asked me if its okay and am torn between slapping him and saying.." oh go on then" :lbf:

Oh my God. Is this a serious question? If you ever want to see him again, no it's not ok! If he's the sort of person who wants to sleep with you on a first date, he probably won't be wanting a second date as he's obviously only after one thing. The fact that he's even asked you suggests a total lack of any respect for you as a person! You're not a piece of meat!

Oh my God. Is this a serious question? If you ever want to see him again, no it's not ok! If he's the sort of person who wants to sleep with you on a first date, he probably won't be wanting a second date as he's obviously only after one thing. The fact that he's even asked you suggests a total lack of any respect for you as a person! You're not a piece of meat!
:oOh dear I'm quite liberal it seems...he might want a second date on depending how good I am:straightface:...but i know where you're coming from but I never learn.

Oh go for it man,youre not getting any younger.If hes good,see him again,if hes crap,dump him.Next question

Last edited:
To sort of quote last week's Mad Men, he'll respect you more in the long term if you wait.

To sort of quote last week's Mad Men, he'll respect you more in the long term if you wait.

I agree with this. He won't be back 'if you're good'. He'll be on to the next one. Or if he is still around, it'll be because he knows you're not going to refuse him sex! If he cared about you at all, or was even vaguely interested in you as a person, he would wait.

If you really, really like him, then probably no. You should wait at least until the 3rd date. If you're not that interested in him but want a shag, then sure, why not!

If you really, really like him, then probably no. You should wait at least until the 3rd date. If you're not that interested in him but want a shag, then sure, why not!

I waited till the 5th with the last and he still dumped me....:crazy:

I waited till the 5th with the last and he still dumped me....:crazy:

Then he was probably a loser anyway! I've heard that the 3rd date is perfect, if you do it earlier you will seem like a slut and if you wait longer he will think you're boring. All these mixed messages men send out all the time, they're so hard to read!

Is he fit?The new guy?

yep !!!I don't date duffers :rock:

don't have a type...geeky...hippy...bald...muscley its all good :guitar:

as long as they make me laugh and are intelligent...can't stand monosyllabic individuals...my ideal type would love discussing the music of Morrissey and The Smiths on a first date...but it aint gonna happen.:(

yep !!!I don't date duffers :rock:

don't have a type...geeky...hippy...bald...muscley its all good :guitar:

as long as they make me laugh and are intelligent...can't stand monosyllabic individuals...my ideal type would love discussing the music of Morrissey and The Smiths on a first date...but it aint gonna happen.:(

Oh well,just shag him.To Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others

Seriously, no, if you want to see him again,
you shouldn't go all the way on the first date,
because he'll just think you're easy and go on to
the next one!
That's just my opinion, and I understand it's tempting to shag
if he's seriously alluring but best to wait at least till third date.:thumb:

I think that if you want to have sex with them it doesn't matter what date it is. If you are waiting until the third date because you are worried about what they will think of you then you probably shouldn't have sex with them at all. I think that those rules assume that the person is dating several people and in that case some guidelines might help, but it seems to me that not too many people date several people anymore, and if they do it's not really dating and the whole point is to have sex, so there's no sense pretending.

What an interesting question.
I don't believe there is a right or wrong answer to this.
A man/women will come back for a second date if you have a good time.Whether that included sex or not.
For the record my wife was a one night stand that has now lasted 18 years.(16 years married next month)

Tags
did you or didn't you?
Back
Top Bottom