First-gen English dubstep producer Skream has remixed the Smiths - spin.com

Thanks for posting MORRIZSEY! Just gave it a listen ...... holds your interest but then again I have always liked Moz's voice which is what dominates this slow mix. Was waiting for a electro dub step beat (like the group Knife Party) to finally break out but never happened. Well done .

Hear Skream Gently Remix the Smiths' 'This Charming Man' - SPIN

In sharing his eerie revision of the 1983 classic "This Charming Man" to SoundCloud, the man born Oliver Jones wrote, "This isn't a dance track nor really a electronic track.... Just a piece of music I'm really happy with." Therein, Morrissey's voice echoes atop windy atmosphere, clanging keys, and a heartbeat pulse. Skream hasn't released a proper album since 2010's Outside the Box, but he did make SPIN's Trend of the Year for embracing disco-kissed dance-pop flare on his "Rollercoaster" single. Oh, and he also apologized in advance for all of the anti-piracy tags.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is causing quite a splash on social media

he said TCM went down that well at his gig last night he played it twice. nice of the smiths to get some more interest and a new interpretation but the mix itself isn't up to much.

needed more marr

Meh prefer the New York remix

great tribute to 30 years the Smiths, like it or not, give it a listen

Hope many will follow to tribute 30 years Manchester Legendary band The Smiths

'and they say he's mentall'.... wrote a couple of times that Massive Attack or Tricky would do a single or more song with Morrissey, I think Marr would be in for it...

This is depressing. the only thing that could be more depressing is finding out David Guetta has remixed The Queen Is Dead LP.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom