"First of the Gang to Die" is good but...

I find it so odd that they don't; they play songs from SG, after all. And "Maladjusted" is a rocker.

I'm perplexed by the lack of songs from both "Maladjusted" and RoTT in the set on this tour. :(

I know I'm going to be stepping on some toes here, but is this song really good enough to be the solitary set closer?

It's a catchy song, I admit, but not much else I could say about it. I'm not a great fan - find it pretty boring.

When I first heard it was going to be a set closer I was pretty :straightface:
but then when I saw it played as an encore I thought it was a good choice.

but still..... Speedway or We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successfull?

or as said earlier.. Sunny.

I agree with those that say an encore should be more than one song and also that "Playboys" or "Speedway" would make an excellent closer.

Everytime I hear FOTGTD now, whether it be in the car or my ipod, my body instinctively goes into protection mode because it assumes chaos will erupt. :lbf:

I think its great, but prefered it played first on the Tormentors tour, really kicked the show off. Agree with an earlier post that an encore should be 2 songs instead of one, like on the nov/dec 2006 tour

he had it right on the 2002 tour. "speedway" as the last song of the main set, followed by "there is a light..." as an encore. the only way to go.

FOTGTD is one of the most-overrated songs of Morrissey's career (from the most over-rated album of his career). it's good, but it's not great- it's not amongst the likes of EILS, TLOTFIP, SYL, WHIWOFBS, or TMYIMTCIG.

Disappointed was is and will always be the ultimate encore.

First of the Gang is brilliant as an encore, so is Last of the Famous

incredible how it's changed!

Last edited by a moderator:
I really enjoy First Of The Gang To Die, also Tomorrow would be beautiful when you consider the lyrics and Morrissey beckoning to the crowd.

Would you put your arms around me ?

Tell me, tell me that you love me
Tell me that you love me !

I really enjoy First Of The Gang To Die, also Tomorrow would be beautiful when you consider the lyrics and Morrissey beckoning to the crowd.

Would you put your arms around me ?

Tell me that you love me !

......if only you made it to the encore:p

I'm getting more and more tired of "First Of The Gang to Die" - I never liked it in the first place :sick:. He should drop it completely.
"Now My Heart Is Full" worked quite well as a closer...

Back
Top Bottom